XIM Community

The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread  (Read 77803 times)

Offline dragowulf

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: suckmah9l0ck
Re: The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread
« Reply #105 on: 05:52 AM - 08/02/17 »

I've done a few mods since then but I hid all wires under the desk.

HDMI Splitter + HDMI Switcher + 2 USB Switches among other things involved with my setup.  The second key oard up top is for PS4 chat.
« Last Edit: 05:57 AM - 08/02/17 by dragowulf »

Offline paularo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PaulAro_
« Reply #106 on: 04:15 AM - 10/17/17 »
My Nigerian XIM4 setup.

Offline cesthree

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 05:34 PM - 10/17/17 »
I started off as a PC gamer, but have played some console games, too. The keyboard and mouse has always been most comfortable to me. The XIM4 allows me to enjoy console games in a way that feels just like using a PC.

My set-up would not complete without the CouchMaster Cycon. It is so comfortable, sometimes I forget that I am playing games on my couch with a kb + mouse :D. Also, I cannot say enough great things about nerdytec's partner, Steiger Dynamics--their customer service is second-to-none (thank you, Brian!).

Everything fits perfectly inside the CouchMaster Cycon. I have run both of the USB repeaters together as a "tether" between the gaming systems and the Cycon. It takes about 5 minutes to get everything ready to play, but it's absolutely worth it because it's so comfortable being able to be on the couch, recline while gaming, and use my keyboard and mouse.

Thank you for letting me share my set-up!

Legend:
1. Mouse - Corsair M65 Pro RGB
2. Keyboard - Ducky 2012 Year of the Dragon - (DK9087)(Brown Cherry MX)
3. USB 2.0 switch - IOGEAR 2-Computer 4-Port USB 2.0 Switch (GUS402)

4a. USB 3.0 hub - In-built CouchMaster Cycon (nerdytec)
4b. USB 3.0 repeater - Supplied with CouchMaster Cycon (nerdytec)(length: 5m)
4c. PC (PCPuter)

5a. XIM4
5b. USB 2.0 repeater - Vantec USB Active Repeater Cable (CB-USBARC)(length: 5m)
5c. PS4 Pro

imgur Album:
https://imgur.com/a/UyxiI

Diagram:

Pictures:

« Last Edit: 09:09 AM - 10/23/17 by cesthree »

Offline Biggage

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Gamertag: Atmo nS
  • PSN ID: Atmo_nS
« Reply #108 on: 02:58 PM - 10/30/17 »
Here's my set up. Currently using Razer Basilisk for XIM mouse that's only difference from the pictures. PC Partpicker list for everything else is here. https://pcpartpicker.com/b/3wP323.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 04:06 AM - 01/20/18 »
Great desk.  Where did you get it?  Interested in one for myself.

Some pics of my spot. When we had our second child my office became a bedroom, so I switched to a mobile, height adjustable, standing desk. I've been standing while I play lately and have been sleeping and feeling better during the day. When the weather is comfortable I roll this bad boy outside and play there. Fire up a stooge... you know how it goes....

Were you ever able to find out what desk this is? Or anyone else that might know, could you point me in the right direction please? Thanks.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Scream

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Scream_SER
« Reply #110 on: 09:04 AM - 02/20/18 »

Just finished my basement. This is my new set up :)

Online GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 09:42 AM - 02/20/18 »
Here's my setup

Also got a 4K tv and a monitor that's not in the picture
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 07:43 AM - 02/23/18 »
So it looks like a ton of people here actually have gaming PCs, so why donít you guys just play on your PC instead of console? I mean PC is objectively better than console in pretty much every way afterall. I for one would definitely be playing Overwatch on PC instead of my PS4 if I had a good rig. However, I donít want to lose my skins in Overwatch...Also I would post a pic of my setup but Iím on iPhone at the moment and I donít know how to post a pic here on my iPhone.
« Last Edit: 07:49 AM - 02/23/18 by MercyOneTrick »

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #113 on: 09:35 AM - 02/23/18 »
So it looks like a ton of people here actually have gaming PCs, so why donít you guys just play on your PC instead of console? I mean PC is objectively better than console in pretty much every way afterall. I for one would definitely be playing Overwatch on PC instead of my PS4 if I had a good rig. However, I donít want to lose my skins in Overwatch...Also I would post a pic of my setup but Iím on iPhone at the moment and I donít know how to post a pic here on my iPhone.

here is why i personally think why most xim users don't play on pc. first reason i'd say is that most have friends on console that can't afford a good gaming pc or their friends are to scared to play on pc because of the "pc gamers all cheat" thing. the biggest reason i think is because of the advantage.
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: Modded Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back w/ ModMic 5 & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster

Online GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 10:16 AM - 02/23/18 »

Well because NO ONE I know in person owns a gaming PC. They all own consoles. When I game on my PC I gotta game with some randoms I just met online.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 06:50 AM - 02/24/18 »
here is why i personally think why most xim users don't play on pc. first reason i'd say is that most have friends on console that can't afford a good gaming pc or their friends are to scared to play on pc because of the "pc gamers all cheat" thing. the biggest reason i think is because of the advantage.
Well if thatís true then that would make sense. Gaming with friends is always more fun. That would suck tho if you canít play on your PC because your friends are all on console and wonít switch to PC. As for the advantage thing, I feel like thatís not really why people use xim. It doesnít actually give you as big of an advantage as people think. At least not in the game I play (Overwatch) I mean sure it gives a slight advantage, but itís not like it gives you PC M&K aim or anything. You canít flick the mouse and do fast 180s, youíre still limited to what the analog stick can do.

Offline G.I.BRO

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XxGIBR0xX
« Reply #116 on: 11:29 AM - 02/24/18 »
Console setup where xim is being used

PC setup

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #117 on: 05:42 PM - 02/24/18 »
Well if thatís true then that would make sense. Gaming with friends is always more fun. That would suck tho if you canít play on your PC because your friends are all on console and wonít switch to PC. As for the advantage thing, I feel like thatís not really why people use xim. It doesnít actually give you as big of an advantage as people think. At least not in the game I play (Overwatch) I mean sure it gives a slight advantage, but itís not like it gives you PC M&K aim or anything. You canít flick the mouse and do fast 180s, youíre still limited to what the analog stick can do.

when we get threads asking how to use xim on pc i'd say it def does gives some sort of advantage. it gives console players faster aim advantage and using it on pc gives you aim assist. it won't make you a god but with practice you can join lobbies and own them. i don't want to destroy this thread with the xim advantage talk tho :)
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: Modded Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back w/ ModMic 5 & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 04:20 PM - 02/27/18 »
when we get threads asking how to use xim on pc i'd say it def does gives some sort of advantage. it gives console players faster aim advantage and using it on pc gives you aim assist. it won't make you a god but with practice you can join lobbies and own them. i don't want to destroy this thread with the xim advantage talk tho :)
I sincerely hope no one would want to or try to use xim4 on PC Overwatch, that would literally be like shooting yourself in the foot and then trying to run/walk. And yeah sorry to bring XIM advantage discussion into this thread, this is not really the place for that.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #119 on: 06:56 PM - 02/27/18 »
I started off as a PC gamer, but have played some console games, too. The keyboard and mouse has always been most comfortable to me. The XIM4 allows me to enjoy console games in a way that feels just like using a PC.

My set-up would not complete without the CouchMaster Cycon. It is so comfortable, sometimes I forget that I am playing games on my couch with a kb + mouse :D. Also, I cannot say enough great things about nerdytec's partner, Steiger Dynamics--their customer service is second-to-none (thank you, Brian!).

Everything fits perfectly inside the CouchMaster Cycon. I have run both of the USB repeaters together as a "tether" between the gaming systems and the Cycon. It takes about 5 minutes to get everything ready to play, but it's absolutely worth it because it's so comfortable being able to be on the couch, recline while gaming, and use my keyboard and mouse.

Thank you for letting me share my set-up!

Legend:
1. Mouse - Corsair M65 Pro RGB
2. Keyboard - Ducky 2012 Year of the Dragon - (DK9087)(Brown Cherry MX)
3. USB 2.0 switch - IOGEAR 2-Computer 4-Port USB 2.0 Switch (GUS402)

4a. USB 3.0 hub - In-built CouchMaster Cycon (nerdytec)
4b. USB 3.0 repeater - Supplied with CouchMaster Cycon (nerdytec)(length: 5m)
4c. PC (PCPuter)

5a. XIM4
5b. USB 2.0 repeater - Vantec USB Active Repeater Cable (CB-USBARC)(length: 5m)
5c. PS4 Pro

imgur Album:
https://imgur.com/a/UyxiI

Diagram:

Pictures:

to much going on with the hubs. SandhawC will easily save this lol