XIM Community

The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread  (Read 173264 times)

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
Re: The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread
« Reply #195 on: 03:29 PM - 11/16/20 »

https://imgur.com/a/F3YazwY
got my ps5 and xsx in today :D

Offline xT2j

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xT2j
« Reply #196 on: 01:37 PM - 12/17/20 »
Xim apex
Ps5

Xim apex
Keyboard: Steelseries apex 7 tkl
Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero

Offline lantison

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 08:16 AM - 01/21/21 »
what type of set up u mean? is this set up can be an online store or the step must be a laboratory or a physical office. well i have an established set up of grunge attire in which i display different styles. how many pics can i post of this set up?

Offline GamingLover87

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 01:22 AM - 01/24/21 »

https://imgur.com/a/F3YazwY
got my ps5 and xsx in today :D

Looks nice!! Have fun  ;D

Offline kaiju

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 01:37 AM - 01/29/21 »

Upgrade time...

43" 4K 120Hz Asus screen replaces the 32" 1080p Bravia. It's set it to ultrawide 3840 x 1440 for PC gaming and 4K for PS4. This may be replaced with a Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 240Hz 5120 x 1440 screen by year's end, depending on console specs and requirements.

CoolerMaster ControlPad has been added to XIM APEX / Titan Two setup for on-the-fly digital input &/or a macro-pad. GoPro Hero 5 + Lume Cube Air replaced the Razer Kiyo as the hand cam to reduce video lag in OBS.

A second HDMI matrix needs to be wired into the shelves for a Nintendo Switch and a few retro consoles, so it's not quite complete, but is getting there.

The kids go back to school in a week, so I'll start streaming again very soon. J2K at ConsoleTuner is working on something for OBS which I'm hoping to showcase asap.

@#$% your setup is insane man looks sick

Offline Axelstrife

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nickskitz93
« Reply #200 on: 12:22 PM - 02/17/21 »

Only really use the Xim on a single game these days which is COD on PC (Crossplay is awesome to continue playing with console mates while using my PC far superior hardware), Yes it works perfectly for cod on PC.

Here is the specs of everything in this photo.
PS5 Disc Edition
Nintendo Switch w/ Pro Controller
Xbox Elite Series II Controller
ModMic wireless
Soundblaster X3
Sennheiser HD6XX (Not in picture, on my head haha)
LG 34GN850 34" Ultrawide
Leopold FC750R PD Charcoal/Blue TKL Keyboard
Logitech G Pro Superlight Mouse

PC Specs:
CoolerMaster NR200
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC
Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16gb) DDR4 3600mhz
Asus X570-I Strix Motherboard
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280mm
Crucial 1TB P1 NVME SSD
Samsung 1TB EVO 860 SSD
Samsung 1TB QVO 860 SSD
Corsair SF750 w/ Pslate custom length PSU Cables

For the XIM setup part i use a Ugreen 2 Port USB switch to switch mouse and keyboard between Xim and PC, I got a cheap 3d printed controller mount from eBay which holds it firmly in place I don't have batteries inside the controller as they aren't needed.
I had to use the original Xim USB hub otherwise controller wouldn't connect to Xim through the usb switch (weird), it's all stuck to the rear of my monitor with double sided tape.
With my keyboard that isn't backlit and wireless mouse it doesn't require extra power luckily so no trouble with power cutting out or anything like that that would happen with more power hungry devices.
This setup allows me to switch my M&K between my Xim and PC with a single button on the switch my my monitor, no need for me to ever touch the xim or controller.

Future changes:
3d printed dock for the mod mic wireless using a magnetic cable (Ordered waiting for delivery)
Charging dock for the Logitech Mouse (Ordered waiting for delivery)
Custom length PSU cables for my PC (Ordered waiting for delivery)
Glorious GMMK Pro Black Custom Keyboard, Undecided on keycaps and switches but something lubed and silent for sure. (First batch preorder)
New desk pad
« Last Edit: 10:19 AM - 03/10/21 by Axelstrife »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #201 on: 03:33 AM - 02/18/21 »
Nice setup, Axelstrife. I like the idea of sticking your controller away behind the monitor. Might have to try that myself.

3090? Dam!  :)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #202 on: 04:24 AM - 02/18/21 »
PS5 just arrived  :o New pics inbound. All I'm missing is the 3080 to complete the setup, but you can't see that anyway.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Enveliedel5

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 08:09 AM - 03/02/21 »
I use an HDMI Matrix/Splitter to switch between the consoles. It also has an optical output on the back, So I just need to switch "Channel"

Offline Josh99

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AtlanteanSnake
  • PSN ID: AtlanteanSnake
« Reply #204 on: 07:12 AM - 07/29/21 »
https://ibb.co/LzSmtNv
https://ibb.co/G22Y5N9
https://ibb.co/wcX7Sty
https://ibb.co/y6Z8X8c

Not sure how to just show the photo but here's a link

after, many years of no desk I took the plunge and bought one and I should have long ago. everything just flows better now
Systems: ps4, ps3, ps vita, Xbox one s, Lenovo Legion 5 (7th gen) RTX 3070/ ryzen 5800.
Xim: Apex.
Controller: Razer raiju ultimate.
Mouse: Razer naga pro, Razer naga trinity (x2), Razer naga epic chroma (x2).
Mouse pad: Razer firefly v2 (x2).
Keyboard: Razer huntsman V2 Analog.
Keypad: Razer orbweaver chroma.

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 04:19 PM - 08/10/21 »
https://ibb.co/LzSmtNv
https://ibb.co/G22Y5N9
https://ibb.co/wcX7Sty
https://ibb.co/y6Z8X8c

Not sure how to just show the photo but here's a link

after, many years of no desk I took the plunge and bought one and I should have long ago. everything just flows better now

@#$%

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #206 on: 04:58 PM - 08/10/21 »
Full-sized pics - https://imgur.com/a/oxOGIZ7. Right-click the images and open in a new tab.

Update time - it's not quite finished, but it's getting there and should be done & dusted within a few weeks (still waiting for some components on order).

It's hard to fit everything into the one shot given the tight confines of the nook. For scale - the desk is 6', the left screen is 27", right is 43".

All consoles, PC and Mac are connected to both screens via 2 x HDMI 2.0 matrices and some HDMI & DisplayPort splitters. Audio is piped into an Astro MixAmp, GoXLR and Creative X7 DAC/AMP. Audio pipes out to Fidelio X2 (via X7) & Fidelio X3 (via GoXLR) cans and Logitech Z5500 5.1 speakers (via X7) mounted under the desk and on the half-wall behind the setup. The MixAmp feeds audio cues to a SubPac S2 on the rear of the Aeron chair and Nanoleaf panels in responsive audio mode.

The enormous quantity of cable spaghetti is managed behind the shelving unit and on the rear of the Zen Space Desk, which can easily swap between seated and standing modes without snagging. A few rogue cables show here and there, but that's unavoidable for the 3 x streaming camera & multi-light setup, all of which are mounted on the desk.

Total overkill, but we all need a hobby...

Better perspective of the desktop and FragPedal Quads on floor. Gaming PC is mounted under the left side of desk. Mac Mini and eGPU for work are on the right.

The XIM and streamy bits. The iPad mount will be replaced in a week or two with a 24" PlayStation 3DTV 1080p display that I haven't used in awhile.

Not the best shot, but consoles, handhelds, controllers, mice, keyboards, spare cables, games, camera rigging, mics, USB switches, network switch, HDMI matrices etc are all stored in this sucker.

The metal thing next to the Fallout helmet is the PS5 mount, to be hung from the right of the shelves. That'll mess with the Feng Shui, but I can't access the disk drive with the PS5 on the shelf (the console is freaking huge). A Nintendo Switch will move to the PS5 shelf.

PS & Xbox console and controller management. I also need to hang a Switch Pro, Nacon Compact and a couple of modchipped Titan DualSense and Series X controllers that should arrive soon.
« Last Edit: 07:07 AM - 08/11/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline DrejzLV

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drejz LV
  • PSN ID: DrejzLV
« Reply #207 on: 02:52 AM - 08/20/21 »
So I see that people here have really crazy set-ups and wanted to share my simple yet perfect for me as TV/casual gamer setup.

I game on TV only, so I have LG CX 55' OLED, both systems PS5 and XSX, for PS5 I went with black plates, so that white don't stand-out much, a pair of black Dualsense controllers & Snakebyte controller charger. For headset I grabbed SteelSeries Arctis 7X as they work perfectly on both systems. For keyboard G613 and mouse G305 both wireless. For XIM I use Nacon Compact controller to work with PS5.

Offline neuravita

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LousPutthole
« Reply #208 on: 11:58 PM - 09/01/21 »
Full-sized pics - https://imgur.com/a/oxOGIZ7. Right-click the images and open in a new tab.

Update time - it's not quite finished, but it's getting there and should be done & dusted within a few weeks (still waiting for some components on order).

It's hard to fit everything into the one shot given the tight confines of the nook. For scale - the desk is 6', the left screen is 27", right is 43".

All consoles, PC and Mac are connected to both screens via 2 x HDMI 2.0 matrices and some HDMI & DisplayPort splitters. Audio is piped into an Astro MixAmp, GoXLR and Creative X7 DAC/AMP. Audio pipes out to Fidelio X2 (via X7) & Fidelio X3 (via GoXLR) cans and Logitech Z5500 5.1 speakers (via X7) mounted under the desk and on the half-wall behind the setup. The MixAmp feeds audio cues to a SubPac S2 on the rear of the Aeron chair and Nanoleaf panels in responsive audio mode.

The enormous quantity of cable spaghetti is managed behind the shelving unit and on the rear of the Zen Space Desk, which can easily swap between seated and standing modes without snagging. A few rogue cables show here and there, but that's unavoidable for the 3 x streaming camera & multi-light setup, all of which are mounted on the desk.

Total overkill, but we all need a hobby...

Better perspective of the desktop and FragPedal Quads on floor. Gaming PC is mounted under the left side of desk. Mac Mini and eGPU for work are on the right.

The XIM and streamy bits. The iPad mount will be replaced in a week or two with a 24" PlayStation 3DTV 1080p display that I haven't used in awhile.

Not the best shot, but consoles, handhelds, controllers, mice, keyboards, spare cables, games, camera rigging, mics, USB switches, network switch, HDMI matrices etc are all stored in this sucker.

The metal thing next to the Fallout helmet is the PS5 mount, to be hung from the right of the shelves. That'll mess with the Feng Shui, but I can't access the disk drive with the PS5 on the shelf (the console is freaking huge). A Nintendo Switch will move to the PS5 shelf.

PS & Xbox console and controller management. I also need to hang a Switch Pro, Nacon Compact and a couple of modchipped Titan DualSense and Series X controllers that should arrive soon.

lol wow nice aesthetic, this looks professional streamer grade. Did you buy a kit for cable management or just hide them all yourself?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #209 on: 04:02 AM - 09/02/21 »
I. Hate. Cables. I canít be any clearer about that. There are dozens of power cables and dozens upon dozens more USB, HDMI, optical, ethernet, audio, controller and lighting cables in the mix. It had the potential for cable spaghetti, but I managed to get it under control.

Itís all bundled up neatly at the back of the desk and in a power box built into the desk. More cables feed out via white cable wraps on either side of the desk that are long enough to allow the desk to raise and lower.

Fun fact - the left table leg has failed and wonít remain in a standing position. I get to pull the whole desk down to replace the leg, just to rebuild it againÖ
« Last Edit: 04:16 AM - 09/02/21 by antithesis »

Admin