XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Can't get XIM 4 to connect to CSR8510 bt dongle  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Titan

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Can't get XIM 4 to connect to CSR8510 bt dongle
« Reply #15 on: 05:02 PM - 02/20/15 »
New update! Ok I found out how to get the standard drivers, however I still have an issue. But I think showing this may help OBSiV point out some issues in the future.

When I go to device manager ->

Right click on CSR bluetooth chip -> Properties -> Update Driver

Browse my computer for driver software ->

Then click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer ->

Notice how the CSR one is already selected. For me to get the bluetooth software, I had to click on Generic Bluetooth Adapter!!! Then it will install the bluetooth software you need (The default one).

Ok, but I still can't get my XIM to pair now!
I click on the bluetooth icon in the taskbar and click add device and nothing shows up, even after I hit P on my XIM4. I've tried everything. Restarting my computer and resetting my XIM4. Even though I'd like to get this to work, is there a bluetooth dongle that has worked for other people that I can try out?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 05:49 PM - 02/20/15 »
You just shouldn't have to be doing all of this -- I'm not sure why this is happening. Are you up-to-date on service packs for your Windows install?

Also, what type of phone isn't working for you now (which worked before)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Titan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:03 AM - 02/21/15 »
You just shouldn't have to be doing all of this -- I'm not sure why this is happening. Are you up-to-date on service packs for your Windows install?

Also, what type of phone isn't working for you now (which worked before)?

Ok, so I ended up spending like 3 hours earlier today and I got the phone working. It now connects flawlessly. what ended up happening was I kept redownloading the XIM4 manager from the app store, but that's not the latest XIM4 manager for the new translator (boy do I feel dumb). I got the one apk off the website and now it connects instantly. So what that tells me is my XIM4 is not broken. However, my bluetooth dongle for my computer sucks. I'm not sure why, but unless I use this "CSR Harmony" software made for my bluetooth dongle, I don't think I can connect to the xim 4 manager. But, I'm guessing, the XIM4 manager doesn't respond to individual custom driver software which is reasonable because there would be far too many for OBSiV to have to code for.

To answer your 1st question, I am using Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and I am up to date on all my updates.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 09:40 AM - 02/21/15 »
Ok, I'm glad you got your phone working again. Starting with the next RC, the protocols were updated so that they now check and reject connections (and informs you) if you aren't using the correct version.

Also, when disconnecting from your PC, you should wait at least 10 seconds before reconnecting, otherwise, you'll get a connection failure. I'm not sure if maybe that is a factor here, but, I wanted to mention it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Admin