XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM4 or controller stops communicating  (Read 703 times)

Offline adhesiveputty

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] XIM4 or controller stops communicating
« on: 10:52 PM - 02/19/15 »
I have owned the xim4 for a week now and have experienced a lot issues with connecting/communicating. Everything is wired correctly but when I turn on the PS4, go to play BF4 I have to either disconnect the mini USB from the PS4 or unplug the micro usb from the XIM4. Once I disconnect and plug XIM4 back in I hit the PS button and it ask, "who is using this controller" I click on my account and the XIM4 is good to go.  Now, more recently about every 30-45 minutes I have to go back through these steps. I can tell when the XIM4 has to be reset/unplugged is when I can no longer use my controller. I use my controller on BF4 to change weapons, attachments, or view the scoreboard. I don't know if this should happen, but the controller is off (no blue light).

I don't know if there is something I am doing wrong, but I don't think I should have to constantly unplug the XIM4 from the PS4 every time I boot up for the night, and/or every 30-45 minutes of game play. 

Please let me know what to do because I do not want to wear out connections on the PS4 or XIM4. I already hooked up a 3 port USB connecter to PS4 so I am not wearing down my last USB port as the second and only port is used for my headset.

« Last Edit: 11:53 PM - 02/19/15 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM4 or controller stops communicating
« Reply #1 on: 11:53 PM - 02/19/15 »
Welcome to the community. Normally issues like this are caused by a faulty connector between your XIM4 and PS4 controller.

But, to start, let's get current with your firmware. Please do install the latest (20141114) from http://xim4.com/downloads and we can go from there.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline adhesiveputty

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 or controller stops communicating
« Reply #2 on: 06:25 PM - 02/21/15 »
updated, different USB, same results but now the XIM4 has a mind of its own and I loose all control of my player. No lights on keyboard or mouse.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 or controller stops communicating
« Reply #3 on: 10:07 PM - 02/21/15 »
Can you update to latest firmware (20141114)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Admin