XIM Community

Corsair K70 RGB & Nexus 7 (2013).  (Read 1936 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Corsair K70 RGB & Nexus 7 (2013).
« on: 12:49 AM - 02/09/15 »
After checking the XIM4 Official Hardware Compatibility List I noticed the Corsair K65 RGB and the Nexus 7 (2013) are listed as not working...

I wanted to know if the Corsair K70 RGB was compatible as I'm contemplating on buying one.

I also wanted to confirm that my Asus Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 5.02 works perfectly fine with the XIM4.
Be humble

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
Re: Corsair K70 RGB & Nexus 7 (2013).
« Reply #1 on: 09:24 AM - 02/09/15 »
After checking the XIM4 Official Hardware Compatibility List I noticed the Corsair K65 RGB and the Nexus 7 (2013) are listed as not working...

I wanted to know if the Corsair K70 RGB was compatible as I'm contemplating on buying one.

I also wanted to confirm that my Asus Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 5.02 works perfectly fine with the XIM4.
I just received the Corsair K70 on Friday, and can confirm that it works. You must run the keyboard in BIOS mode for it to work with the XIM (there's a switch on the back of the keyboard). Great keyboard BTW.

I was using it this weekend on the Team XIM live stream. The programmable LEDS are legit.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:03 AM - 02/13/15 »
Awesome, thank you for the input! :)
Be humble

Offline kyle03

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:52 AM - 02/14/15 »

I just received the Corsair K70 on Friday, and can confirm that it works. You must run the keyboard in BIOS mode for it to work with the XIM (there's a switch on the back of the keyboard). Great keyboard BTW.

I was using it this weekend on the Team XIM live stream. The programmable LEDS are legit.

Have you not had problems with it freezing? I know a few people would have it working in BIOS mode for a bit but eventually a key got stuck. I had this.

I can however confirm there is not a single issue with the K70 RGB using XIMCommander and I also get to keep all my lighting effects when doing this

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:51 AM - 02/14/15 »
I haven't purchased the keyboard yet, I was wanting to though.

I'm not familiar with XIM Commander, it's uses or advantages over the regular connecting up of the XIM 4.
Be humble

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:41 AM - 02/14/15 »

Have you not had problems with it freezing? I know a few people would have it working in BIOS mode for a bit but eventually a key got stuck. I had this.

I can however confirm there is not a single issue with the K70 RGB using XIMCommander and I also get to keep all my lighting effects when doing this

If it's sticking, then you have a defective keyboard. It should not be sticking in BIOS mode, ever.

Offline kyle03

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:08 PM - 02/14/15 »

If it's sticking, then you have a defective keyboard. It should not be sticking in BIOS mode, ever.

It's not the actual keys on the keyboard that stick but the way XIM handled it. I could press A to turn left release and the XIM would still think it was constantly been held down and would force me to go left until i rebooted. They keyboard is not defective

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:39 PM - 02/14/15 »

It's not the actual keys on the keyboard that stick but the way XIM handled it. I could press A to turn left release and the XIM would still think it was constantly been held down and would force me to go left until i rebooted. They keyboard is not defective
Defective keyboard bios or power shortage. I've been through many keyboards in the last month. If it is hanging, then the bios mode is not working properly or your keyboard is losing power.

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #8 on: 03:24 AM - 02/25/15 »

I hear BIOS mode can be annoying though?