XIM Community

Do people still use ballistics curves?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline MuKen

• View Profile
Do people still use ballistics curves?
« on: 08:17 PM - 02/04/15 »
Hi everyone!  Apologies for my long absence from the board, my last year in grad school got extremely hectic (although on the upside, I am now Dr. MuKen :) )

I was planning on resuming working on my ballistics curve editor

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.0

but I noticed that there's no longer a curve library sticky, unlike with the xim edge forum, or much curve discussion at all for that matter.  Is this because people don't use them as much any more?  Is there still interest in improved functionality for the tool?

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Do people still use ballistics curves?
« Reply #1 on: 08:41 PM - 02/04/15 »
hey,gee duno i asked OB I think once about it (maybe it was rabbit) mostly for regular players like me it wasn't an advantage
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #2 on: 09:47 PM - 02/04/15 »
I use them!

Offline Titan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:19 PM - 02/05/15 »
Ok, I found out about ballistics and yes they are a huge advantage. It takes a WHILE to find one that works right, but once you find the one you like it is a huge benefit. For me it allows me to use high sensitivity and low sensitivity at the same time basically.

Offline LeprosyNachos

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XpistalsX
  • PSN ID: Netxworth
« Reply #4 on: 05:35 PM - 02/05/15 »
I am still in the dark on how these curves really apply an advantage. I have played with a few an either rarely noticed the change or felt restricted at times. A better common man explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #5 on: 07:06 PM - 02/05/15 »
I am still in the dark on how these curves really apply an advantage. I have played with a few an either rarely noticed the change or felt restricted at times. A better common man explanation would be greatly appreciated.
If you look at the ballistics editor on the XIM4 app, it makes more sense. You see a line traveling diagonally. This is your mouse velocity. It starts at 0% deflection  (bottom left) and ends at 100% (top right). The line is straight, representing a 1:1 movement to speed ratio.

As you edit the ballistic, you can change the line at different % intervals. Most people create a curve (the line is no longer straight to 100%). This adds speed at curve to help battle strange look mechanics or to help battle heavy aim assist (which can be difficult to break away from).

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:23 PM - 02/05/15 »
I don't use them.
BFH

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #7 on: 02:29 AM - 02/06/15 »
Don't use them, i do not know how.

Offline Irloki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:46 PM - 02/06/15 »
They are still quite foreign to me. If someone experienced with them could make a video of the difference of no curve to a custom curve in a game like Battlefield it would be extremely helpful.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #9 on: 06:56 PM - 02/06/15 »
I did use the xim3 advanced settings, because I like a touch of acceleration and boost, but only very sublte.  The ballistics is obviously superior to the old advance settings controls, but i find it laborious to tweak, v.s. a simple generic +/-.

I think ballistics are the better advanced setting overall.  I just don't use it.  For the amount of subtle changes I am looking to make, its too much work, and really, I do fine with the classic STs as is. 

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #10 on: 01:55 AM - 02/12/15 »
Muken what happen to all the user profiles and ballistic samples you had on the site? They are all gone i was wondering if you can re-upload or let me help you build a new list or tell me how i can start one so i can begin a project

Admin