XIM Community

Smart Translator V2 and why will it be the best thing ever?  (Read 37059 times)

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Re: Smart Translator V2 and why will it be the best thing ever?
« Reply #15 on: 01:10 PM - 02/01/15 »
Why don't you tell us about your setup. We can work through the floaty feeling.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 02:29 PM - 02/01/15 »
How do you become an alpha tester and which games are getting the ST V2 treatment? Or can you update existing STs with this without having to retrain games? Anyway, exciting stuff.

Alpha testers are already set -- basically the moderators. All games are updated.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Shank

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:34 PM - 02/01/15 »
Is there a major difference in aiming w/ STv2?

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #18 on: 05:32 PM - 02/01/15 »
well said i like that mentality and hope for the best you done a great job thanks

What tuff says is true, XIM4 is built off of Edge (which is why the XIM4E Beta existed). And, they use the *exact* same ST runtime and bit-for-bit the same game translators. If you preferred the performance of ST over standards on past products, it should be no different on XIM4. If it is different, I agree with tuff, something else must be affecting things.

Now, as far as ST2, I mentioned before on past threads that the STs themselves have a lot of untapped potential that I couldn't access due to memory/compute constraints. I've spend the last 2 months rewriting the system and going much deeper into the tech than when I originally developed it. There was a lot computer science behind v1 and way more so on v2. Not only did I accomplish it without increasing compute but I reduced memory -- which means we are going from 16 to 24 Configs.

I have a number that represents the relative improvement over the prior system but I'm not going to give it out. I'd like people to try it first and give feedback. My goal is to get it out to the Alpha testers this week and get feedback to understand how it perceived.

The other question I see is why am I doing this. I'm doing it because XIM4 far ahead of anyone else on translation tech. You all know this -- this is why you are here. Aiming fidelity is more important than any other feature of any device like this of its kind. This is why I invest so significantly in it. I felt it was the right time to make the gap between me and my competitors even wider.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:06 PM - 02/01/15 »
Why don't you tell us about your setup. We can work through the floaty feeling.

I use two different mice but the same keyboards and monitor setup using the XIM3 and XIM 4.

Monitor - BenQ 2420T
Mice - Steelseries Rival (XIM3), Logitech G502 (XIM4)
Keyboard - Logitech G910

I've tried using the Rival with the current generation consoles but there's no difference.

What tuff says is true, XIM4 is built off of Edge (which is why the XIM4E Beta existed). And, they use the *exact* same ST runtime and bit-for-bit the same game translators. If you preferred the performance of ST over standards on past products, it should be no different on XIM4. If it is different, I agree with tuff, something else must be affecting things.

Now, as far as ST2, I mentioned before on past threads that the STs themselves have a lot of untapped potential that I couldn't access due to memory/compute constraints. I've spend the last 2 months rewriting the system and going much deeper into the tech than when I originally developed it. There was a lot computer science behind v1 and way more so on v2. Not only did I accomplish it without increasing compute but I reduced memory -- which means we are going from 16 to 24 Configs.

I have a number that represents the relative improvement over the prior system but I'm not going to give it out. I'd like people to try it first and give feedback. My goal is to get it out to the Alpha testers this week and get feedback to understand how it perceived.

The other question I see is why am I doing this. I'm doing it because XIM4 far ahead of anyone else on translation tech. You all know this -- this is why you are here. Aiming fidelity is more important than any other feature of any device like this of its kind. This is why I invest so significantly in it. I felt it was the right time to make the gap between me and my competitors even wider.

I look forward to the V2 ST's but as far as the XIM Edge beta, I was in that and that too had that floaty feel.
Be humble

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #20 on: 08:47 PM - 02/01/15 »
You ever try the XIM4 on your 360? Try that with a config ths that's identical to what's on your XIM3. See if it feels floaty.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

regform

« Reply #21 on: 07:28 AM - 02/02/15 »
Dude just use your cronosmax if its that much better. Whats the big deal? All ive heard from obsiv is that theres an untapped resource that hes trying to use to make the translation better in stv2.

No need for insults or name calling.

I paid for the XIM 4 because I believed in the product, I'd like the XIM 4 to work as good if not better than my XIM 3.

As for what you've heard from OBsIV regarding V2 ST's, I thank you for letting me know, see how easy that was?

Interesting

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:49 PM - 02/02/15 »
You ever try the XIM4 on your 360? Try that with a config ths that's identical to what's on your XIM3. See if it feels floaty.

I've just finished trying this with MW3, BO1, BO2 and Ghosts which I own on the 360 and using the XIM4 with the 360 gave me the same floaty feeling, just to point out I do use the ST's for these games when using the XIM3 so in theory they should feel the very same but for some reason they don't.

I just don't get it.
Be humble

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:34 PM - 02/02/15 »
The @#$% does floaty even mean? I'm gonna need everyone to ELI5 via PM so I can verify that everyone thinks it means something different.
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:30 PM - 02/02/15 »
My xim3 and 4 perform the same.
BFH

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:37 AM - 02/03/15 »
Any ETA about this dropping for everyone?

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #26 on: 09:05 AM - 02/03/15 »
XIM>CM in translation

but CM is ahead of XIM on functionality IMO.

Its very "open source" allowing people to do things that are impossible to do, even with XIM commander.

There is also a community that produces useful scripts - not just macros - scripts that increase functionality.

XIM Commander adds control to your mouse/keyboard inputs.
CM adds control of the device itself, custom UIs, etc.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #27 on: 10:02 AM - 02/03/15 »

I've just finished trying this with MW3, BO1, BO2 and Ghosts which I own on the 360 and using the XIM4 with the 360 gave me the same floaty feeling, just to point out I do use the ST's for these games when using the XIM3 so in theory they should feel the very same but for some reason they don't.

I just don't get it.
What do you mean by floaty? Seriously, this is bugging a few of us. I'm not calling you a liar. I just honestly have no idea what that means.

I'll take a wild guess (educated guess) and say the Smart Translators are what you do not like. As I said in the 4ms 8ms thread, standard translators are "faster" feeling because of the inaccurate deadzones, acceleration, etc. And since XIM4 doesn't have standards, that's probably your issue. When I went from XIM2 to the XIM Edge, it took a while to adjust to the smarties. In the long run, they are more accurate, and you can always use ballistics to speed them up.

Now, if you're saying that a XIM3 with a smart translator does not feel floaty, but a XIM4 does (on the same console) then there has to be another variable. Maybe a boost setting or ballistic that you forgot about.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #28 on: 10:44 AM - 02/03/15 »
I might also suggest you do the Pepsi Challenge here. If you still have your XIM3, have someone switch them out for you on whatever game you're playing with identical settings on both XIMs. The key is to not know which one you're playing with, switch back and forth a few times, and see if you correctly identified which one feels "floaty." Otherwise, it's entirely possible your brain is tricking you into feeling something that's not actually there.

If you are able to correctly identify which one feels "floaty' then I'd say it's possible there's some issue specifically with your XIM4 unit as the rest of us don't feel a difference in general behavior going from XIM 3 to Edge to XIM 4.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #29 on: 01:05 PM - 02/03/15 »
XIM>CM in translation

but CM is ahead of XIM on functionality IMO.

Its very "open source" allowing people to do things that are impossible to do, even with XIM commander.

There is also a community that produces useful scripts - not just macros - scripts that increase functionality.

XIM Commander adds control to your mouse/keyboard inputs.
CM adds control of the device itself, custom UIs, etc.

They are different products with different purposes. XIM's primary purpose is the best console mouse and keyboard experience. CM/Titan primary purpose is a controller cross-console scripting input adapter. This is why we invest so heavily in translation tech.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Admin