XIM Community

Smart Translator V2 and why will it be the best thing ever?  (Read 37568 times)

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Translator V2 and why will it be the best thing ever?
« Reply #120 on: 01:07 AM - 02/17/15 »
Oh sweet, I didnt know that

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: Jjaro
« Reply #121 on: 12:47 PM - 02/18/15 »

I think pewpew is referring to that giant thread a few weeks ago where people went on and on about how the ADS delay setting is not an acceptable solution anymore.  That thread where roads came up with that "perfect" sensitivity ratio.

Can we get a link to that equation by roads please?
USN: OS1 (SW/AW)
Steam ID: thothjjaro
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2 w/ Cherry MX Red

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 12:53 PM - 02/18/15 »
itís the things that still suck thread somewhere in the middle. Equation is just multiply ads by 2.4 for hip in  COD to have no ADS delay with any weapon/attachment/perk.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #123 on: 01:27 PM - 02/18/15 »
It could be a bug with the g502 but for me at least it's not placebo. Everytime i'm on 500hz or 1000hz the mouse clicks feel delayed soon as i switch to 125hz people drop instantly (tried all this is the same match). Nothing to do with being a noob if I notice the change then this is the setting for me. I'll continue to play on 125hz as its working fine.

After just scoping the forums looking for @#$% and giggles I stumbled upon this thread. I too have a G502 and have been using it on my xim since purchasing both. I had no idea that for the last 4 months I have been using a floaty mouse. I was under the impression that 1:1 meant close to 1:1 until now. I too was using 1000hz polling. I switched to 125hz just to give it a shot. I am now truly using 1:1 and the difference is night and day. Anyone using a G502 should seriously consider this. Thank you lmyst1cal.

I will try this tonight, I'm curious now.

I played around with this last night, it feels much better at 125hz (than 1000hz). I keep my dpi set to 12,000.

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 09:22 PM - 02/18/15 »
it’s the things that still suck thread somewhere in the middle. Equation is just multiply ads by 2.4 for hip in  COD to have no ADS delay with any weapon/attachment/perk.

Ok thanks. Will try as soon as get home from work.

Offline PegasusActual

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 06:13 AM - 02/19/15 »
Lol, I looked up that thread and got through maybe half of it. What a disaster of a thread, and the 2.4x thing is a niche solution at best. I'd say you're better off dialing in your ADS delay for whatever class of weapons you mostly use, and going with a hip to ADS ratio that feels good, 2.4x is a bit much. Really if you want to do the 2.4x thing you're probably still better off having at least 100ms of ADS delay, or whatever the min value with quickdraw is in that game. But there's no magic for COD, because COD has completely screwed up look mechanics.

Offline laydback

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 09:12 AM - 02/19/15 »
I only have about 1 hour on my XIM4 and its pretty cool. It's hard to get used to using the gamepad buttons after using a controller for about a year but the mouse aim is spot on.

I haven't noticed any delay with ADS but I used the quickdraw perk, maybe I haven't had enough time with the system yet...
PS4+XIM4 // H:Sony Gold // M:G502 // K:G13 // P:SS 9HD // D:Asus VW266H 2ms

Offline Glooper

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 02:42 AM - 02/25/15 »
What sort of functionality do PC gamers expect and generally use that XIM doesn't provide?

The ability to train it via a PC program, rather than input numbers and hope for the best. The STs are great for establishing circular movement, but the XIM fails to consider the quirks of users' mouse inputs. Ballistics are a bandage.

All I've ever wanted is a PC test environment to capture the velocity of mouse swipe that I desire as my maximum speed. Anything over this trained velocity should translate to 100% in-game speed, staying locked at 100% until it falls back below the threshold. At which point, it decreases in-game speed at the same rate as the deceleration from 100% of the trained velocity.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #128 on: 09:00 AM - 02/25/15 »
All I've ever wanted is a PC test environment to capture the velocity of mouse swipe that I desire as my maximum speed. Anything over this trained velocity should translate to 100% in-game speed, staying locked at 100% until it falls back below the threshold. At which point, it decreases in-game speed at the same rate as the deceleration from 100% of the trained velocity.

That sounds like a nightmare.  PC games don't do that for you.  Why would you want that on console from the XIM?

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wellbornwinter6
  • PSN ID: skipper
« Reply #129 on: 11:00 AM - 02/25/15 »
And where the @#$% is fix for ADS Delay? GG on bugged FW, it seems XIM vent on CM side, hah
And this is why you don't do drugs, kids.

lol,,

I'm not even sure what delay he is referring too, I click it works no lag or delay  :-\

people use delay on ADS so the cursor dont jump off immediately when U switch from Hip Sens. to ADS Sens.

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #130 on: 11:08 AM - 02/25/15 »
But there's no magic for COD, because COD has completely screwed up look mechanics.

If you think COD has a screwed up look mechanic, then your better off just selling your XIM.

COD is the gold standard in terms of look mechanic for console gaming.

Offline Glooper

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 05:43 PM - 03/02/15 »
That sounds like a nightmare.  PC games don't do that for you.  Why would you want that on console from the XIM?

Because I only play third-person shooters, which are very different beasts to FPSes. For example, Uncharted 3 requires perpetual mouselook to maintain map awareness, and the XIMs all fall down on this element. Their sensitivity has to be ludicrously high (by regular standards) to feel bearable for this purpose. But then of course it's much too high for accurate aiming.

Quick workaround: a toggle button for high-sens turning. But I believe that my idea's better, as you could program a locked, full-speed mouselook at a far lower velocity than usual, leaving control of your reticle unaffected at slower speeds. For Uncharted 2 and 3, The FragFX 1 is better than the XIM1, and as good as the 3, Edge and 4. Horrible hardware, of course, but its simpler approach to translation proves as tight a fit.

The key thing to note about TPSes is mouse travel. There's a lot more than in twitch-based shooters. You need to be able to mouselook for seconds at a time in-between lifts, hence it's desirable to have maximum turn speeds at low velocities. But you also want to retain the ability to twitch-aim without sky-high sensitivity overshooting.

Some kind of autolocking turn 'while velocity >= X' is in order. If you initiate a turn in Uncharted 3 with a quick swipe at a high sens, you just cause a judder and a stop; the mouse continues to move, the game doesn't. To get around this, the XIM would need to effectively downsample those inputs on-the-fly, thereby leaving low-to-medium-speed inputs snappy for aiming. A XIM-to-game limited-slip differential.

If you were really fancy, you could trigger full-speed turns by X-velocity-swipe, and then have them maintained until your velocity dropped below, say, 50% of that (any user value). This would be my preferred method: medium-speed inputs with short, fast swipes to initiate turnlock.

I've used a pad for more than 15 years, but it's objectively superior for TPSes for me. The XIMs can only match it for pixel-perfect accuracy at low sensitivity, which is otherwise unusable for mouselook. The FragFX 1 was, in my opinion, as close to emulating the sticks as any XIM. The XIMs try to overcome the sticks' inadequacies, but games such as Uncharted 3 rely on - are programmed around - those very limitations.

I find it strange that many XIM owners play console games that are available for the PC. Whereas console exclusives such as Uncharted and Starhawk have never received attention as dedicated concerns. (Uncharted in particular would be fantastic with proper mouse control. I've always wished for a PC port of Uncharted 2.)
« Last Edit: 07:54 PM - 03/02/15 by Glooper »

Offline Shank

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 12:25 AM - 03/03/15 »
But there's no magic for COD, because COD has completely screwed up look mechanics.
Curious, have you tried the STv2?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #133 on: 01:10 PM - 03/03/15 »

Because I only play third-person shooters, which are very different beasts to FPSes. For example, Uncharted 3 requires perpetual mouselook to maintain map awareness, and the XIMs all fall down on this element. Their sensitivity has to be ludicrously high (by regular standards) to feel bearable for this purpose. But then of course it's much too high for accurate aiming.

Quick workaround: a toggle button for high-sens turning. But I believe that my idea's better, as you could program a locked, full-speed mouselook at a far lower velocity than usual, leaving control of your reticle unaffected at slower speeds. For Uncharted 2 and 3, The FragFX 1 is better than the XIM1, and as good as the 3, Edge and 4. Horrible hardware, of course, but its simpler approach to translation proves as tight a fit.

The key thing to note about TPSes is mouse travel. There's a lot more than in twitch-based shooters. You need to be able to mouselook for seconds at a time in-between lifts, hence it's desirable to have maximum turn speeds at low velocities. But you also want to retain the ability to twitch-aim without sky-high sensitivity overshooting.

Some kind of autolocking turn 'while velocity >= X' is in order. If you initiate a turn in Uncharted 3 with a quick swipe at a high sens, you just cause a judder and a stop; the mouse continues to move, the game doesn't. To get around this, the XIM would need to effectively downsample those inputs on-the-fly, thereby leaving low-to-medium-speed inputs snappy for aiming. A XIM-to-game limited-slip differential.

If you were really fancy, you could trigger full-speed turns by X-velocity-swipe, and then have them maintained until your velocity dropped below, say, 50% of that (any user value). This would be my preferred method: medium-speed inputs with short, fast swipes to initiate turnlock.

I've used a pad for more than 15 years, but it's objectively superior for TPSes for me. The XIMs can only match it for pixel-perfect accuracy at low sensitivity, which is otherwise unusable for mouselook. The FragFX 1 was, in my opinion, as close to emulating the sticks as any XIM. The XIMs try to overcome the sticks' inadequacies, but games such as Uncharted 3 rely on - are programmed around - those very limitations.

I find it strange that many XIM owners play console games that are available for the PC. Whereas console exclusives such as Uncharted and Starhawk have never received attention as dedicated concerns. (Uncharted in particular would be fantastic with proper mouse control. I've always wished for a PC port of Uncharted 2.)

You can bind turning to a button so that you can just hold down that button for continuous turn. Solved.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 03:13 PM - 03/06/15 »

Most of us are here to play consoles games that are available for PC probably because of two reasons:

Many of us have more friends who are willing to play on a home console. And to back that up, the reason is many of us can't afford a decent gaming PC. Yes, I know you can generally build out a fair one for about the same price as a console, but fair doesn't cut it most of the time.

Admin