XIM Community

Smart Translator V2 and why will it be the best thing ever?  (Read 37721 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Basically as the topic title asks.

I'm coming to a cross roads with the XIM4 right now and am being told on Twitter that the ST V2 will be the saving grace of the device, why is that?

Cheers.
Be humble

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
ST v2 won't be a saving grace. It is a refinement of an already excellent gamepad to mouse translation mechanic.

What 'crossroads' are you at that you think ST v2 will fix? Is this the 4ms thing again?

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
ST v2 won't be a saving grace. It is a refinement of an already excellent gamepad to mouse translation mechanic.

Can you elaborate on the refinement remark, how are they making it better exactly, if you even know that is.
« Last Edit: 04:48 AM - 02/01/15 by 3MIX_Edge »
Be humble

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
Who is twitter tweeting this info?
BFH

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Who is twitter tweeting this info?

I was speaking to a friend who is more frequent on this forum than I am over on Twitter, he said that OBsIV has said that the V2 ST's will improve the XIM overall. I'm looking in all avenues right now and wanted to know what's happening hopefully in the not too distant future.

I just want to know how/what/when/why, does anyone actually know anything or is it one of those "it's got electrolytes in it" kind of things?
Be humble

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
We will know when OBsIV tells us. No amount of posts / begging etc will speed that process up.

I'm afraid having been here since original XIM, it has always been a 'it's done when it's done'. We may get an insight in advance but with how far behind the competitors are I wouldn't be surprised if it is all kept under wraps until it is ready to go.

You've still not answered what 'crossroads' you feel you have arrived at that will necessitate ST v2.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
We will know when OBsIV tells us. No amount of posts / begging etc will speed that process up.

Who is begging here, couldn't you have just said there's no info shared yet without being a prick?

Get off your high horse, you're nobody special, totally unwarranted behavior.

You arrogant fanboys are the worst.

You've still not answered what 'crossroads' you feel you have arrived at that will necessitate ST v2.

I didn't think I needed to explain that to you, you obviously just want to start something by being a tool/troll, because it doesn't help me get any info, that's just where I stand with the XIM4, thinking to bench it until these V2 configs come out.

Right now the XIM4 is floaty, not as responsive as my XIM3 was on the 360 and PS3. It's also not as responsive as another device I have configured with a 3rd party program on the Xbox One and PS4.

So when I was told there may be some saving grace in regards to my situation I automatically wanted to ask someone who I was hoping would be decent enough to help, unfortunately for me I found you, an arrogant fanboy who couldn't help being rude.

Next time do me a favor and just don't reply to me please.

I paid good money for my XIM 3, XIM Edge and XIM 4, I don't need people like you to give me a hard time.
« Last Edit: 06:06 AM - 02/01/15 by 3MIX_Edge »
Be humble

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Dude just use your cronosmax if its that much better. Whats the big deal? All ive heard from obsiv is that theres an untapped resource that hes trying to use to make the translation better in stv2.

No need for insults or name calling.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Dude just use your cronosmax if its that much better. Whats the big deal? All ive heard from obsiv is that theres an untapped resource that hes trying to use to make the translation better in stv2.

No need for insults or name calling.

I paid for the XIM 4 because I believed in the product, I'd like the XIM 4 to work as good if not better than my XIM 3.

As for what you've heard from OBsIV regarding V2 ST's, I thank you for letting me know, see how easy that was?
Be humble

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Did you use standards or ST's on your xim3?

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Translator V2 and why will it be the best thing ever?
« Reply #10 on: 07:52 AM - 02/01/15 »
Did you use standards or ST's on your xim3?

I used a combo of both.

Some games like the MW games and BO games I stuck with the ST's.

I do appreciate the assistance.
Be humble

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:15 AM - 02/01/15 »

Who is begging here, couldn't you have just said there's no info shared yet without being a prick?

Get off your high horse, you're nobody special, totally unwarranted behavior.

You arrogant fanboys are the worst.

I didn't think I needed to explain that to you, you obviously just want to start something by being a tool/troll, because it doesn't help me get any info, that's just where I stand with the XIM4, thinking to bench it until these V2 configs come out.

Right now the XIM4 is floaty, not as responsive as my XIM3 was on the 360 and PS3. It's also not as responsive as another device I have configured with a 3rd party program on the Xbox One and PS4.

So when I was told there may be some saving grace in regards to my situation I automatically wanted to ask someone who I was hoping would be decent enough to help, unfortunately for me I found you, an arrogant fanboy who couldn't help being rude.

Next time do me a favor and just don't reply to me please.

I paid good money for my XIM 3, XIM Edge and XIM 4, I don't need people like you to give me a hard time.

I won't respond to name calling (grew out of that a while ago) but if you felt my post was a hard time then apologies, genuinely. Wasn't intended as such, rather as an early heading off at the pass what will likely grow in calls for news on ST v2 now that it is known about.

But on a single point from your post, myself and a large number of users (who knows if it is majority - irrelevant) do not feel the XIM4 as floaty. It is, as far as ST's go, as good as XIM3 / Edge. Infact I would say it is better as the ST's have probably improved from the original XIM3 launch ST's. I do lament the loss of standard translators from XIM3 to XIM4 but the fact was the majority of people couldn't create them or understand properly.

I hope you find the fix to your problem and if that is with a cronusmax / ST v2 then good luck.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #12 on: 11:40 AM - 02/01/15 »
OBsIV has stated that the XIM4 is built on Edge tech. Think of it as an Edge with BT and next gen console support. He's also stated that XIM4 ST's are identical to XIM3 and Edge ST's. So, I doubt the difference you are feeling is with the XIM4.  I'd say it's more likely to be with something in the new consoles, or the fact that you're not using standards, or some other variable like your display or mouse.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 12:24 PM - 02/01/15 »
What tuff says is true, XIM4 is built off of Edge (which is why the XIM4E Beta existed). And, they use the *exact* same ST runtime and bit-for-bit the same game translators. If you preferred the performance of ST over standards on past products, it should be no different on XIM4. If it is different, I agree with tuff, something else must be affecting things.

Now, as far as ST2, I mentioned before on past threads that the STs themselves have a lot of untapped potential that I couldn't access due to memory/compute constraints. I've spend the last 2 months rewriting the system and going much deeper into the tech than when I originally developed it. There was a lot computer science behind v1 and way more so on v2. Not only did I accomplish it without increasing compute but I reduced memory -- which means we are going from 16 to 24 Configs.

I have a number that represents the relative improvement over the prior system but I'm not going to give it out. I'd like people to try it first and give feedback. My goal is to get it out to the Alpha testers this week and get feedback to understand how it perceived.

The other question I see is why am I doing this. I'm doing it because XIM4 far ahead of anyone else on translation tech. You all know this -- this is why you are here. Aiming fidelity is more important than any other feature of any device like this of its kind. This is why I invest so significantly in it. I felt it was the right time to make the gap between me and my competitors even wider.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:53 PM - 02/01/15 »
How do you become an alpha tester and which games are getting the ST V2 treatment? Or can you update existing STs with this without having to retrain games? Anyway, exciting stuff.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Admin