XIM Community

Can someone help me with my curve?  (Read 978 times)

Offline Titan

• View Profile
Can someone help me with my curve?
« on: 03:41 PM - 01/31/15 »
Here is my curve:

>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:00000A1428323C46505A646E78C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

I'm trying to make it to where I can scan the area quickly but slow down to a reasonable speed. The problem with it is that it looks perfect but it doesn't feel like It works, It almost feels as if I don't go into the mode enough or that I don't 180 as quick as I should be able to, but then as you can see on the lower part, I need to be able to get a VERY precise aim when I move my mouse extremely slow. It's almost hard to explain, but say If I needed to line up a shot and I have around 3 seconds, I need to be able to slowly move my mouse over to the target. The way I have it is good, however, It doesn't feel slow enough.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone help me with my curve?
« Reply #1 on: 04:30 PM - 01/31/15 »
Did you read the responses to your last post? A curve will not work if you are constantly past the turn speed limit.
BFH

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:31 PM - 01/31/15 »
I would highly advise against using curves that start off so negative.  In fact, you're completely destroying any movement at all with the first step being zeroed out like that.

I suggest putting the curve back to linear.  Then focus on the first goal (precise aim).  Tweak the sensitivity so that your precise aim is where you want it to be (without a curve).

From there, start to tweak out the higher parts of the curve to fulfill your second goal.  Ramping up to 100 like that is not going to help you out.  That's max aim all the time through 30-40 percent of the curve.  That is highly unstable.

I would focus on a curve that increases on a curve and start curving much lower on your line.  Nominal movement occurs mainly between points 0 and 6-7.  You won't really notice the curve kicking in with your curve unless you're really whipping the mouse around.

And as like someone said... If your sensitivity is so high that you're essentially maxing out in-game sensitivity, adding a curve to it won't do any bit of good.  Max = Max.  You can't go higher than it.

What game are we even talking about btw?

Offline Titan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:30 AM - 02/01/15 »
Ok yeah I have realized this. But I have a question, how am I destroying any movement starting off negative? Is that really going to affect all my shots? I thought it would only affect my shot if I move my mouse extremely slow.
(BO2 is the game btw)

Admin