XIM Community

bf4 turning / aiming speed help  (Read 4052 times)

Offline bawhum

• View Profile
bf4 turning / aiming speed help
« on: 11:24 AM - 01/29/15 »
hello i have been played at 100% sen ingame.... ads on xim is 22.5 and hip is 25....... i just feel i turn sooo slow i play wth a few people who have a xim4 also and they are telling me it seems i turn really slow.... the mouse is a logitec g502 set to 12000dpi only one setting so i can't accidentally hit the button to drop dpi and polling rate is at 1000.....

just seems when i use controller i turn 360 in a blink of an eye and the red dot sight makes a trail of red as i turn...... on xim it doesn't and i can't explain it? i am not using any ballistic for hip or ads.... is this my problem

any help or input would be greatly appreciated TY

sorry edit.... xb1 platform

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: bf4 turning / aiming speed help
« Reply #1 on: 11:45 AM - 01/29/15 »
BF4 has one of if not the highest turn speed on console. It is possible you are a twitch player but it's more likely you have something set wrong.

Look through your BF4 in-game settings and verify that they match below.

Sensitivity: 100%
Zoom Sensitivity: 200%
Uniform Soldier Aim: Disabled
Advanced Options: Default (100%)
Coefficient: Default (133%)

That mouse sensitivity you refer too isn't sensitivity at all, it's DPI and acts differently. You should always be using the most DPI you can handle for your setup. If gameplay is smooth at 12k DPI then use that. Using a low dpi will negatively affect translation.

So, now that you've checked your in-game settings and you're using 12k DPI, what XIM sensitivities are you using and where is the turning problem? Hip or ADS?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline bawhum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:52 AM - 01/29/15 »
i am rocking all those settings...... it's both i get turned on by friends who know i use this and they have controllers and ingame sen set at 35.......... the xim blinks red constantly i don't know if it's me, but i seem to need a full swipe to get 360... as i would want / hope for a wrist flick.......... if i use your bf4 tank setup it flys but the screen goes jittery.........

edit 22.5 ADS 25 hip

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:03 PM - 01/29/15 »
35 at 12k DPI is way too high. You're seeing red flashes because you're exceeding the games turn speed limit. You may be negatively impacting your turning by using such a high sensitivity.

For BF4

The thing about turn speed limits are swiping your mouse fast or using a really high sensitivity will more than likely yield a slower turn, usually depending on the limit set by the developer. You will see less on screen movement. What's happening is you're trying to exceed the games max turn speed and it just won't let you turn any faster. This means you lose mouse surface space for your swipe and less of your swipe is used for your turn. You're wasting space. Try using medium to fast sensitivity and use longer swipes that don't exceed the games turn speed (pay attention to the red light flashes). Reaching the limit is fine so don't be afraid to see those flashes but if you knowingly continue to accelerate your mouse after seeing that warning light then it's going to do more harm then good.

Ok so a good reference on Sensitivity vs DPI. Because you are using 12k DPI your XIM sensitivity should almost always be a small number. For example I use 3600 DPI, the highest my mouse allows, and have a XIM sensitivity of 11 for both Hip and ADS. When this sensitivity is converted to 12k DPI it's 3.3. I would consider myself a low to medium sensitivity player. I suggest trying a sensitivity between 5 to 10 at 12k DPI. Remember this can be adjusted on the fly with the app open, you do not need to close the app for changes to be saved. Work on staying under the turn speed limit with your swipes. It's important to pay attention to those red light flashes and either stay under the limit or "ride" it.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:37 AM - 01/31/15 »
Exactly what mist4fun said. I have the deathadder 2013 and my sens is pretty low like 9.5 hip and 5.5 ads (with all the proper in game settings) The turn speed in BF4 is just amazing I love it
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:16 PM - 01/31/15 »
As said before you are playing with too high of numbers making you actually turn slower than you would using numbers in an operational range.  Start with a sens. of 5/5 and adjust.
BFH

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #6 on: 12:09 AM - 02/01/15 »
This is actually new to me. I just thought that if you had it too high you would black dot easier. But I thought this meant that you would just be wasting mouse movement, I didn't think you actually turned slower. When you black dot, you're hitting the max turn speed but that still means that you're turning at the max speed. Or am I wrong?
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:01 AM - 02/01/15 »
Well you're doing both. When you exceed the turn speed by swiping too fast you're using mouse pad area that could be used for more turning. Instead it's wasted and you are potentially turning less because of how you used the surface area.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:50 AM - 02/01/15 »
When you hit the turn cap you do not sustain the max speed. Your movement slows down massively. No matter what anyone says.. It would take 5 minutes for anyone to confirm.  Set your mouse to a sens. Of 15.  Now move your hand as fast as you can to do a 180 without passing the turn limit. Now turn your sens. Up to 300. try to do the same movement at the same speed.  It will be extremely slow.  The further past the limit you go the less traction you have.  If you slide your mouse as fast as you can across the pad your character will barely move the same way if you slam the gas in a car you will just peel out.  The xim peels out if you go too fast.

The multiplayer start screen in AW is a good place to test.  You can move the player on screen with your mouse.  Once you black dot your players moves slower than before you black dot. If you slide your mouse across very rapidly the character moves slowly and can barely complete a 180.  If you stay under the limit your player will go very quickly in multiple circles.
« Last Edit: 03:18 AM - 02/01/15 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline FirstRespond3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NekkedBare
  • PSN ID: BRB_Krew
« Reply #9 on: 09:40 AM - 02/01/15 »
Can mist or obsiv come in and clarify this? Because from my testing it just seems like I have to use more space because I'm wasting space when I black dot, but I still retain max speed.
My Roccat Sova review:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49911.0

Wi-fi speeds

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:29 AM - 02/01/15 »
Can mist or obsiv come in and clarify this? Because from my testing it just seems like I have to use more space because I'm wasting space when I black dot, but I still retain max speed.

This is right.

Sorry SBC, I'll explain when I'm not on mobile.

-

Ok so the same principle applies. Move too fast, waste space, waste potential turning. When you are at 15 sensitivity and moving your mouse at speed that reaches the limit but doesn't exceed it, you are turning at an optimal speed. When you are at 300 sensitivity and you make the same mouse movement you are instantly trying to exceed the games turn speed limit and wasting space, wasting potential turning. You will turn less. This is because it's much easier to reach the turn speed limit at 300 sensitivity and you would need to severely slow down your mouse movement to achieve the same result as with 15 sensitivity. This is the reason why I always tell people to start with a low sensitivity and work your way up. If you start too high you may not ever get the best feeling out of your ST and have no idea why or what you might be missing.
« Last Edit: 11:52 AM - 02/01/15 by mist4fun »

Offline bawhum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:54 AM - 02/02/15 »
i will adjust my settings and let you all know... TY for the help

Offline bawhum

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:35 PM - 02/02/15 »
ok so i altered my hip to 12.5 and ads to 9 and no more blinking red light.......... if i put my mouse exactly on an imaginary line on the center of the mat its about 80% of each half to do 360 deg either side........ in both hip and ads...... don't think i will get it any faster than that..... so just need to play with it a while and get used to the settings.....

thanks again for all your help.....