200 no precise ....
for you?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: bf4 soldier zoom
« Reply #1 on: 06:02 PM - 01/22/15 »
The ST was built with 200%. I suggest using this value and lowering your XIM sensitivity to retain linear movement.

Can I ask what ST versions you are using? To check this with Manager open click on the BF4 picture and you should see something like

BF4-Hip-P4.?

To get the ADS version hold down your ADS key while clicking the picture. Example:

BF4-ADS-P4.?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline prototipo13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:46 AM - 01/23/15 »
Hip ps4.1
ads ps4.2

Aim assist on or off?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:48 PM - 01/23/15 »
Ok good, you are using the most recent ST's. If you are having issues with precision I would try disabling aim assist and see how you like it. If you find that you prefer it then you can always re-enable it.

I see that in another post you are using a G502. Be sure to use a dpi of 3600 or greater, preferably as much dpi as your surface will allow. Use the following in-game settings.

Sensitivity: 100%
Zoom Sensitivity: 200%
Uniform Soldier Aim: Disabled
Advanced Options: Default (100%)
Coefficient: Default (133%)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:34 PM - 01/23/15 »
Hey Mist, since it's pretty calm as far as releases go right now. Would you consider doing a uniform soldier ST setting? Possibly after a patch.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:42 PM - 01/23/15 »
I'm not sure. I asked for feedback from BF4 players a while back and heard nothing. The issue I have with it is in order to support UsA I would need to decrease the ADS turn speed from 200% to 100% and the set up tutorial recommends that you raise your FoV. You can't do that on console.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:40 PM - 01/23/15 »
I might turn off aim assist and turn off UsA and see how I like it. I tried UsA with aim assist and its okay maybe without aim assist it would feel smoother
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:08 PM - 01/23/15 »
You will no longer be linear if you enable UsA. The ST expects the settings listed above. That said, if you find that you prefer a few of those knobs to be tweaked go ahead but understand that you are no longer using the ST as intended and performance may vary.

Offline darklethal1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:34 PM - 01/23/15 »
as said above about putting the ADS ST back to 100% soldier zoom sensitivity, good idea, it would match the scope sensitivity and all would be at 100%, there is something about 200% soldier zoom sensitivity and having the scope sensitivity at 100% that doesn't feel right to me, but thats just my 2 cents

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:27 AM - 01/24/15 »
I'm not sure. I asked for feedback from BF4 players a while back and heard nothing. The issue I have with it is in order to support UsA I would need to decrease the ADS turn speed from 200% to 100% and the set up tutorial recommends that you raise your FoV. You can't do that on console.

I've already mentioned one of the issues I have playing without UsA. But it becomes an even bigger problem with sniper gameplay. Where you have to have a much lower sensitivity but when switching to pistol it's unplayably slow.

I don't think cutting the ADS sensitivity in half is going to be that big of an issue. Xim 4's default sensitivity for BF4's ADS config is more than twice what I'm using now and even at default it's hard to hit red lights.

I'm not saying to replace the current ST entirely just asking for an option ST for UsA if it's possible.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:45 AM - 01/24/15 »
I've already mentioned one of the issues I have playing without UsA. But it becomes an even bigger problem with sniper gameplay. Where you have to have a much lower sensitivity but when switching to pistol it's unplayably slow.

If they matched then wouldn't sniping be too fast? If yes then you would have to lower your sensitivity and this would lower your pistol sensitivity too. Wouldn't this be the same problem?

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:37 AM - 01/24/15 »

If they matched then wouldn't sniping be too fast? If yes then you would have to lower your sensitivity and this would lower your pistol sensitivity too. Wouldn't this be the same problem?

I thought it's like COD where regardless of what scope you use it always feels like you're getting the same amount of crosshair movement per mouse movement. That's what it seemed like when I tried using UsA. Without UsA I have to have three different configs for different scopes.

Offline darklethal1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:43 PM - 01/24/15 »
putting the ADS ST back to 100% would help i reckon, especially players who don't use aim assist or usa, there's to much sensitivity at 200%, it feels like there's to much going on, just have a look on the range, disable your ADS ST for a min and keep the BF4 soldier zoom at 200%, thats crazy fast and completely not needed, now put it to 100%, feels a lot better, if anyone keeps all there scopes at 100% everything should feel the same, thats why i don't even use the ADS ST, i just use 100% soldier zoom, feels good enough, i'm not saying i'm right or wrong here, its preference i guess
« Last Edit: 01:53 AM - 01/25/15 by darklethal1 »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:06 AM - 01/25/15 »
The ST provides linear movement at Soldier Zoom 200%. There is no negative here, the positive is that your turn speed is increased.

If the trainer were to create the ST at Soldier Zoom 100% you would experience the same feel in game but with a slower turn speed.

just have a look on the range, disable your ADS ST for a min and keep the BF4 soldier zoom at 200%, thats crazy fast and completely not needed, now put it to 100%, feels a lot better,

Disabling your ADS ST and using ADS in game would have you using your Hip ST. This ST is not linear with ADS movement and is the reason why we have ADS ST's to begin with. Hip ST models the Hip look mechanic, ADS ST models the ADS look mechanic.

if anyone keeps all there scopes at 100% everything would feel the same, thats why i don't even use the ADS ST, i just use 100% soldier zoom, feels good enough, i'm not saying i'm right or wrong here, its preference i guess

100% on everything doesn't mean you have the same speed across Hip, ADS, and all scopes. You simply have set the knob to 100%, the look mechanics will still scale differently. This is the purpose of enabling UsA. UsA with 100% knob settings is supposed to have all look mechanics in game scale the same amount.

Offline darklethal1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:44 AM - 01/25/15 »
yeah ok, the way i have it setup its not the same speeds as you mention, it just feels more comfortable at being precise and consistent, even though its the HIP ST in ADS it still feels good to me, the reason i have it setup up this way is i have and prefer click to zoom in the BF4 options menu, not hold, which you can do without a ADS ST, with this usa thing though sounds good to have everything at the same speeds, sounds like a good feature, if this is done though, what if you prefer your current setup, disable usa feature in manager?
« Last Edit: 03:55 AM - 01/25/15 by darklethal1 »