XIM Community

Feature Request - XIM4 two button hotkey  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
Feature Request - XIM4 two button hotkey
« on: 11:54 AM - 01/21/15 »
Request :  Provide the ability for the config Hotkey assignment to use two buttons.

As an MCC player that is actively using 5 configs, and also as an Orbweaver user, my selection of buttons to swap configs is relatively limited.  I am using my top row of keys on the Orbweaver, but, due to the frantic nature of gaming, I keep accidentally pressing keys along the top row unintentionally. 

Having a two key press to hot swap configs would benefit two fold. 1) reduce the amount of accidental profile swaps and 2) provide a greater range of profile swapping options for speedpads that have a limited number of keys.

edit note : I realize my picture example is for AW and does not have anything assigned to the hotkey.  The pic was simply to illustrate the idea.   

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request - XIM4 two button hotkey
« Reply #1 on: 12:10 PM - 01/21/15 »
Wont happen as no time Apple, winphone other firms, ST V2 and so on. BUT you can try the following. Make a subconfig called "shifted buttons" or call it "Whatever". The hold activation of the subconfig is the "shift" button. You can set whatever you need. Disable inheritance. buttons should not be mapped in both this subconfig and main config.
Your welcome.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #2 on: 03:45 PM - 01/21/15 »
Thanks for the suggestion Roads, but I dont think levering switchers will work.  I need to hot swap between 5 unique profiles i.e. 5 different Smart Translators.  The only way to do that is either the profile-specific hotkey, or the global next/previous config setting.  Internal switchers are limited to the STs of the main config. 

For me, this would be a really nice-to-have feature, especially for the orbweaver, but is not that critical.  I am working around the problem via a second keyboard + usb hub.  It just creates a cluttered mess, so I may consider just always using my phone to load profiles.

Anyway, OBsIV can take the suggestion for what it is and prioritize it based on effort required v.s. benefit.  I hope it would be a relatively small effort, given the core profile hot swap functionality exists now, so its just a small UI change along with some AND logic to the code.
« Last Edit: 11:56 AM - 01/22/15 by Ding Chavez »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:53 PM - 01/21/15 »
How about using using one button swicthing profiles cycling up with the main profile cycling? Put it in the upper left corner and then watch the disco light change.
Another solution without clutter would be the Teensy. The tutorial on how to replace the complete internals of the orb with a Teensy is in the member projects area. Tuff can do it for you if he has time. That way you counl put additional buttons , keys or touch foils on the top grill. But I guess the approach is too radical.

RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:58 AM - 01/24/15 »
You can also just get a powered USB hub and plug in a 10key small board next to say your Orbweaver and each key on the 10 key could be a different profile. I know this works from what other members of the community have said but I have yet to do it. I also only play BF4, Halo MCC, Titanfall, and ACU. So I just cycle through all the games with the main profile cycling when not attached to a phone via Bluetooth and just have a list of the colors for each game written down
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat