XIM Community

Xim 4 still not as snappy as I would like  (Read 7546 times)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Re: Xim 4 still not as snappy as I would like
« Reply #30 on: 09:37 PM - 01/26/15 »
How do you have your G502 setup?

The current firmware for the mouse has bugs with things like the unstable 1000hz polling rate & the mouse pad tuning feature that actually makes the sensor tracking worse.

Use 500hz & Factory default pad for best results :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

regform

« Reply #31 on: 09:02 AM - 01/30/15 »
Hi, i was just scanning xim forums for a problem, saw this thread and thought this is the problem i'm searching for, I'm actually having the same issues. I've read through this thread and it seems the only fix or temp fix is unplugging the xim then plugging it back in, it's funny because i'm doing this more or less every game, it was my own fix. I don't know what else to say about it really, i have good gear BenQ XL2420T, Official 4k supported HDMI cable that shipped with my XBOne, Roccat XTD lastest firmware, (obviously lol) w.e. Cya around.
« Last Edit: 09:55 AM - 01/30/15 by regform »

Offline Redron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Redron357
  • PSN ID: Redron357
« Reply #32 on: 09:26 AM - 01/30/15 »
I can tell you all I did to fix my problem.
I felt like the mouse was off not sure if the mouse was too fast or not fast enough. turns out I had it set way to high.
I did have the HIP set to 30 or 35 at some points and the ADS was over 20 sometimes 25.
I have now changed it to HIP 18 to 20 max and ADS is 8.
No Curve
Delay of 80
Nothing else on the Xim4 is changed other then my crazy mappings I still use. (Arrow up and Arrow Down to move... Old School)
On my TV the Samsung 8000 I did finally find the setting to change the TV to Game mode. I have played a few games and I forgot to change the game mode on and I knew right away something's off.
As for the talk about HDMI cables they are digital they work or they don't....
I do have the Logitech 502G mouse and I also had the Polling rate set to 500 when I was having these problems as well, I have now changed it to 1000 polling and it golden.
As for the delay in the TV nope none here no idea what the other guy was talking about Processing speed slow nope not true I see no delay.
Here is what I have figured out.. Read what other people are setting there XIm4 settings to and play with the Xim4 settings and your mouse. Each Mouse and player will play different no two people play alike, also so many mice out there.... just Play change settings, play change setting, play change settings until you have what you like. This unplugging the Xim4 and plugging it back in also sound crazy to me something else is causing this.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:16 AM - 01/30/15 »
How did you manage to remove the 100ms delay your tv has? So you turned on game mode and it helped? You don't feel a delay or is there no delay? Game mode turns of post processing and removes some delay so if helps you are feeling delay.

What benefit do I have to tell you your tv has significant delay? Have you read the numbers on your tv and do you know what they mean?
« Last Edit: 10:22 AM - 01/30/15 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline Redron

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11:42 PM - 01/30/15 »
Yes game mode helped
I have been playing games for a long time I am 47 years old and have been playing from the days of Doom. And I am in the it world for work so yes I do know the term delay. All I can tell you is with game mode on, this helps.
Along with all the other changes I made too, in the Xim software.

« Last Edit: 12:32 PM - 02/01/15 by Redron »

Offline PhiZaRoaH

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: PhiZaRoaH
« Reply #35 on: 11:19 AM - 01/31/15 »
How do you have your G502 setup?

The current firmware for the mouse has bugs with things like the unstable 1000hz polling rate & the mouse pad tuning feature that actually makes the sensor tracking worse.

Use 500hz & Factory default pad for best results :)

Was just planning to tune my custom surface, default you say for best results? Damnit.

Offline Redron

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:04 PM - 01/31/15 »
I have the split fish mouse pad and I tuned it to the surface, I would recommend you too tune it to your surface.

regform

« Reply #37 on: 05:36 PM - 02/03/15 »
I am, in general, angry over these forums with no productive posts and extremely negative at most times. I recorded some game, I am playing with XIM4. You won't see any problems here, it's a in-game recording. I have 0% XBOX1 controller skill.

(VID LINK)

« Last Edit: 06:52 PM - 02/03/15 by regform »

Offline teh1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: teh1
« Reply #38 on: 01:19 PM - 02/07/15 »
Redron glad you love that TV so much but if you would switch to a monitor with a 1ms delay you would probably smack yourself for not doing it sooner. Your TV is awesome but still not as good as a 200 dollar monitor for gaming.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #39 on: 02:09 PM - 02/07/15 »
Redron glad you love that TV so much but if you would switch to a monitor with a 1ms delay you would probably smack yourself for not doing it sooner. Your TV is awesome but still not as good as a 200 dollar monitor for gaming.

Yeah,if you're using a gaming monitor your experience is going to be much better. I have a 60'' Plasma and it adds in 76ms delay and that is in game mode. When I play Battlefield or any other shooter I use a gaming monitor.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08:04 PM - 02/07/15 »

Don't you read? He said his tv was the best tv!
BFH

Offline teh1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: teh1
« Reply #41 on: 09:16 PM - 02/07/15 »

Don't you read? He said his tv was the best tv!

Silly me

Offline laydback

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11:34 PM - 02/07/15 »
I decided to try a gaming monitor after using my TV since December...What the hell was I waiting for? I will NEVER go back to gaming on a TV. I was literally shooting dudes right out of the air, went from a @#$% .68 K/D ratio to a 1.50 instantly, and that's with a controller. I can't wait to get my XIM4 and starting gaming with a mouse.
PS4+XIM4 // H:Sony Gold // M:G502 // K:G13 // P:SS 9HD // D:Asus VW266H 2ms

Offline divisionbell77

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11:19 AM - 02/08/15 »
There is a new controller update.  Have any of you guys applied it?  Below is the info for the update.

We’re excited to improve stability and speed on the Xbox One controller in the following ways:

Quick Connect – Previously, controller connections to Xbox One took approximately four-to-five seconds when powering on a controller. Now, it will only take about two seconds.

Stability improvements – The update also provides a number of fixes that address some of the controller disconnect issues reported by Xbox One owners.