XIM Community

Xim 4 still not as snappy as I would like  (Read 7433 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim 4 still not as snappy as I would like
« Reply #15 on: 08:24 PM - 01/22/15 »
Ok, but, you've confirmed that this occurs even with your controller connected directly to your console, correct?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Redron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Redron357
  • PSN ID: Redron357
« Reply #16 on: 12:15 AM - 01/24/15 »
Love to get an answer.
Just feels off like I can't find the right spot

Offline Redron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:24 AM - 01/24/15 »
Also one thing different I am using the Xim4 on a Xbox One and PS4. Sometimes I think I would be better with the controller, and I suck with controller bad...

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 12:05 PM - 01/24/15 »
Love to get an answer.
Just feels off like I can't find the right spot

I thought you said that you get the sutter with your controller as well?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:09 PM - 01/24/15 »
Also one thing different I am using the Xim4 on a Xbox One and PS4. Sometimes I think I would be better with the controller, and I suck with controller bad...

What size tv do you use? Controller players are good. It takes time to get used to auto aim.
BFH

Offline Redron

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:50 PM - 01/24/15 »
Sorry I just chirped in on the thread, as it was like my problem.
I have a Samsung 60" 8000 series one of the best tvs you can buy.
I don't like the controller cause a suck so bad after 3 minutes I would quit as I have died maybe 40 times.
I have the Logitech g502 mouse and the Xim4 and I am to put it plainly suck bad. I have played PC games for many years I started with the original Doom on a 28800 baud modem. I have played just about all the COD series on a PC and I play well.
After using the Xim4 I can play on line and hold my own but not well. The controlled just seem off, not the keyboard just the mouse.
I have set the mouse to 12000 dpi and 10000 dpi and 8000 dpi under one profile and I set the polling rate to 500 as I have  so I have just read many reviews and people say 500. I just seen another review on this site and a guy says use 1000 so I just changed it, at the time of this post I had to share the TV with the wife so I have not tried it yet.
I will also say I have the Hip set to 15 I have tried 20 and 30 as well it's just too fast on 12000 dpi. The ADS is set to 20, again I have tried 25 and 30. As for the ballistics I have tried the tuffrabit curve but I am not sure if it helps or not. Also does the curve go in the hip and the ads or just one...
Long and short of it is shooting from hip or ads is not hitting target, I know I don't suck that bad. And to make matters worse it seems like everyone one else can hit me no problem at all....
1 word.... Help :(

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:47 PM - 01/24/15 »
Okay gang, just a quick update on this. I attempted a few of the fixes I had mentioned earlier in my post and nothing seemed to work. I then decided that the 5 year old hdmi cable I use to hook up my xbox to my monitor was somehow faulty. I ran over to radioshack and purchased a new 4K supportive hdmi cable for use with the xbox, plugged it in, and viola; absolutely no more lag. Im actually pretty pissed I never thought of this before...Anywho, If anyone is having trouble with the situation that I had described, try out a new hdmi cable. Ya never know. Worst comes to worst, you could always return it.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:08 PM - 01/24/15 »
Sorry I just chirped in on the thread, as it was like my problem.
I have a Samsung 60" 8000 series one of the best tvs you can buy.
I don't like the controller cause a suck so bad after 3 minutes I would quit as I have died maybe 40 times.
I have the Logitech g502 mouse and the Xim4 and I am to put it plainly suck bad. I have played PC games for many years I started with the original Doom on a 28800 baud modem. I have played just about all the COD series on a PC and I play well.
After using the Xim4 I can play on line and hold my own but not well. The controlled just seem off, not the keyboard just the mouse.
I have set the mouse to 12000 dpi and 10000 dpi and 8000 dpi under one profile and I set the polling rate to 500 as I have  so I have just read many reviews and people say 500. I just seen another review on this site and a guy says use 1000 so I just changed it, at the time of this post I had to share the TV with the wife so I have not tried it yet.
I will also say I have the Hip set to 15 I have tried 20 and 30 as well it's just too fast on 12000 dpi. The ADS is set to 20, again I have tried 25 and 30. As for the ballistics I have tried the tuffrabit curve but I am not sure if it helps or not. Also does the curve go in the hip and the ads or just one...
Long and short of it is shooting from hip or ads is not hitting target, I know I don't suck that bad. And to make matters worse it seems like everyone one else can hit me no problem at all....
1 word.... Help :(

Your tv has significant input lag and post processing. The large size, post processing, high MHz etc.  are adding a huge delay. Your tv is about as bad as it gets for competitive Fps, it has at least 50ms input delay of you put it on it's best settings. This is horrible and I could never play on it. Try a computer monitor.
BFH

Offline Redron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:08 PM - 01/24/15 »
Not that I don't appreciate the help but this is the best TV you can buy non 4K.
it has 240 Mhz refresh rate and over 250,000,000 Dynamic Contrast Ratio.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:12 PM - 01/24/15 »
Not that I don't appreciate the help but this is the best TV you can buy non 4K.
it has 240 Mhz refresh rate and over 250,000,000 Dynamic Contrast Ratio.

http://www.displaylag.com/what-is-input-lag-the-breakdown/

Yes.  240MHz and post processing is bad for gaming.  You have a good tv to watch movies on and a horrible one to play games on. There is a reason why the best gaming monitors are the oldest. You sound proud of your tv, but if you did any reading into why it is bad for gaming you would see it is clearly unusable. Your tv has one of the worst input delays I have ever seen.

The specifications for your TV have input delay listed as 60-120ms which again, is unacceptable for gaming and would produce the problems you are experiencing. Your tv is literally multiple frames behind.

If you are asking for help and someone sees a major fault in your setup and you are refusing to test anything... don't expect things to improve. If you don't believe me, you can make a post asking if it's lag is suitable. 

Every samsung 65" 800 series have the same numbers. These are the results. 
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-598215/samsung-unxxf8000-game-mode-input-lag-awareness/
« Last Edit: 03:14 AM - 01/25/15 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline Biggage

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Gamertag: Atmo nS
  • PSN ID: Atmo_nS
« Reply #25 on: 09:15 PM - 01/24/15 »
Okay gang, just a quick update on this. I attempted a few of the fixes I had mentioned earlier in my post and nothing seemed to work. I then decided that the 5 year old hdmi cable I use to hook up my xbox to my monitor was somehow faulty. I ran over to radioshack and purchased a new 4K supportive hdmi cable for use with the xbox, plugged it in, and viola; absolutely no more lag. Im actually pretty pissed I never thought of this before...Anywho, If anyone is having trouble with the situation that I had described, try out a new hdmi cable. Ya never know. Worst comes to worst, you could always return it.

Someone help me understand what an HDMI cable has to do with the original issue. You said it gets fixed shortly when you re-plug the XIM, so why was it fixed shortly when you re-plugged the xim. I don't get how if it was fixed (even if for a short time), how that had anything to do with an HDMI cable.

BTW, I too have felt inconsistency in aiming using the xim. It even happened all the way back to xim3. Felt like when I unplugged it and re-plugged it things felt snappier. Thought it was just a placebo though at the time, but seems others have felt the same.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:12 PM - 01/25/15 »
I have a strong feeling there is inconsistency with the g502 mouse.  I have currently switched from g502 back to my g602 and even though its max dpi is 2500 it has been more consistent then 12000 and 10000 dpi settings on g502.  There is als0 major fluctuations in server connection from game to game that i can feel this happening.  Try a different mouse and see if anything improves.  And i 2nd playing on a TV is horrible a gaming monitor is the only way to go!

Offline Redron

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:19 PM - 01/25/15 »
After changing the TV to game mode and slowing the ads to 8 from 25 I seem to have a handle on it. The 60" screen is fantastic I am not sure it could get and better, well maybe if I play on my projectors 120". The only problem I have is the people that do use a controller still have the best advantage as the aim assist is mental in cod Ghost and AW. I do feel a disadvantage cause of this, wish there was a mode to take off the AA for the controllers then we would see 😃

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07:48 PM - 01/25/15 »
After changing the TV to game mode and slowing the ads to 8 from 25 I seem to have a handle on it. The 60" screen is fantastic I am not sure it could get and better, well maybe if I play on my projectors 120". The only problem I have is the people that do use a controller still have the best advantage as the aim assist is mental in cod Ghost and AW. I do feel a disadvantage cause of this, wish there was a mode to take off the AA for the controllers then we would see 😃

You just enjoy input lag, got it. Larger image + better image quality(post processing) = Bad for gaming. Your setup feels better at a slower sens. because you are aren't missing as much/visually confused by your delayed frames. Whatever you do with your mouse is gonna take a relatively long time to happen on screen.
« Last Edit: 09:48 PM - 01/25/15 by sbc2k1 »
BFH

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02:18 PM - 01/26/15 »

Someone help me understand what an HDMI cable has to do with the original issue. You said it gets fixed shortly when you re-plug the XIM, so why was it fixed shortly when you re-plugged the xim. I don't get how if it was fixed (even if for a short time), how that had anything to do with an HDMI cable.

BTW, I too have felt inconsistency in aiming using the xim. It even happened all the way back to xim3. Felt like when I unplugged it and re-plugged it things felt snappier. Thought it was just a placebo though at the time, but seems others have felt the same.

It seems as though (from my own research) that a faulty cable can have adverse effects on the image processing when gaming and watching movies, such as a rather large delay. With that being said, I do feel the g502 is a little inconsistent as well and I will attempt another mouse in the coming days. A little busy with school at the moment though, so give me some time. Also, even with my new setup, It does seem that unplugging and re-plugging the xim4 back in still makes the movements snappier for a short period of time. I wish I knew why, but I'm sure ObSiV can figure it out (unless we are in fact one of the very few that feel this phenomena). I await a response. If I may also add, it does seem that the effect of unplugging and re-plugging  on the xim4 does not yield as dramatic an effect as it had on the xim edge.