XIM Community

Remote Play possible with XIMCommander?  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Irloki

• View Profile
Remote Play possible with XIMCommander?
« on: 02:11 PM - 01/15/15 »
Interesting thought popped in my head today. I have a capture card connected to my PC meaning I can view the screen of my xbox on my computer. If I used a remote desktop program or even a VPN for regular RDP do you think the XIM Commander would be able to pass those commands over remote desktop to the PC to the XB1?

This would enable the remote play I have always wanted on XB1.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Play possible with XIMCommander?
« Reply #1 on: 03:08 PM - 01/15/15 »
Depends a lot on what your choice of remote desktop is capable of.  Most take a simplified and non-time-critical view of input, and I also suspect that DirectInput isn't usually on the list of things being passed.  You might need to do some driver finagling, if it can be done at all.

Offline Irloki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:46 PM - 01/15/15 »
Doesn't sound too promising, but Ill have to try for a few hours when I get home.

Offline Irloki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:12 PM - 01/15/15 »
Found out someone has done this with cronusmax, GIMX, and an Nvidia Shield. Not on Xbox one, but I am quite curious now.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621638/general-discussion/-solved-playing-xbox-360-or-ps3-on-the-nvidia-shield/

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: 07:19 PM - 01/19/15 »
the amount of input lag here would be ridiculous...

You could definitely do what you are wanting...but here is the real question...

All capture cards have a delay of around 1.5 seconds...next add the render delay of whatever remote viewing agent you pick....

It would be horrid.

Offline Irloki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:05 PM - 01/20/15 »
Mine is nowhere near 1.5 seconds. I use an Avermedia Extremecap U3. Using OBS to view the stream has hardly any lag maybe 100ms. I actually did get this to work over normal Windows RDP but with a lot of missed buttons, mouse jerking, and frame drops. I believe I just need something that provides better viewing and input like Logmein Pro. I haven't had a chance to try it yet though.