XIM Community

Xim3 Start Up Failure, Xbox 360.  (Read 1460 times)

Offline WiCKeT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o0WicKeT0o
Xim3 Start Up Failure, Xbox 360.
« on: 12:54 PM - 01/15/15 »
Ok so I'm using a Razer Lycosa, Razer Death Adder 3500, and a LEGIT Microsoft Wired Controller. My system is an Xbox 360 Slim. I've had this Xim3 for about 3 or 4 years I'm guessing. I've never had an issue with this setup before. It was working fine with the newest firmware for a week or two before this problem began.

Just recently my Xim3 has been shutting off upon start up. The green ring on the controller flashes for a while until the Xim3 shuts off. I've plugged the controller directly into the Xbox to re-sync it. However that doesn't seem to make any difference. I've done a factory reset multiple times but I still have the same issue. Also, I've tried using every USB input on my Xbox.

I can eventually get the Xim3 to power up and sync the controller by unplugging and replugging the Xim3 and its inputs in different combinations. Not clear if there's a method to that madness it seems kind of random. However, the keyboard seems to be causing the issue to some extent. When I plug the Xim3 in with just the controller and mouse connected to it, the Xbox recognizes the controller and the Xim3 stays on. As soon as I plug the keyboard in, it shuts the Xim3 off again. Sometimes it will suddenly decide to work though, and once it's on and synced it stays on for the entire session with no issue. Until I turn my Xbox off and the process starts again.

Thanks for your help.
Gear: XBOX 360S, XIM3, Razer Deathadder, Razer Lycosa, Razer Vespula, BenQ XL2410T, Panasonic 55VT30

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim3 Start Up Failure, Xbox 360.
« Reply #1 on: 01:04 PM - 01/15/15 »
It could be that your keyboard is causing errors or power issues that would cause this behavior on XIM3. Do you have another keyboard you can test with to isolate the issue?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline WiCKeT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:10 PM - 01/15/15 »
Hmmm I'll try and get my hands on another keyboard. Might be a few hours but I'll get back to you after I test it. Any reason you can think of why all of the sudden the keyboard would be doing this? Since it's worked fine for years.
Gear: XBOX 360S, XIM3, Razer Deathadder, Razer Lycosa, Razer Vespula, BenQ XL2410T, Panasonic 55VT30

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 03:46 PM - 01/15/15 »
We can think about possibilities there if it turns out that the keyboard is the issue.

Offline WiCKeT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:41 PM - 01/15/15 »
First I wanted to make a correction. When plugging in the Xim3 with only the controller and the mouse, after the controller is recognized, plugging in the keyboard doesn't shut off the Xim3. It actually just disconnects the controller and shuts off the controller. However the Xim3 stays on with just the mouse and keyboard icon on the Xim3. Not sure if that makes a difference, sorry about the confusion.

I tried with a different keyboard and it works fine. I used just an old basic Compaq USB keyboard.

Offline WiCKeT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:28 AM - 01/17/15 »
Any ideas?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 12:17 PM - 01/17/15 »
If everything is working perfectly without your other keyboard, then the issue must be related to it.

Admin