Poll

Battlefield Series vs. Call Of Duty Series

Battlefield Series
Call Of Duty Series
Halo Series
any other game
Television Instead, Gaming Sucks balz
Counter Strike Series

Battlefield Series vs. Call Of Duty Series vs Halo Series vs CS Series  (Read 4418 times)

Offline ShuckyDucky

• Quack Quack
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Savory Balzack
So I am really starting to tire of the COD series after all the recent alterations made in the AW release.  I have always loved Battlefield series, and have been playing it again (BF4) for weeks now.

Can't even find a decent game in Ghosts on XB1, and BLOPS2 is still raging.  i wish COD 4 would make a return like halo MCC.

Hardline looks amazing and will be the first Battlefield built for new gen consoles in mind.  it looks amazing.  i don't know about the new game modes, but with anything like the exo suit i am certain it will bring new style to the franchise.

I for one am looking forward to BF hardline, vote for your choice.

<< Herman Cain said it so it must be true.
« Last Edit: 01:31 PM - 01/13/15 by ShuckyDucky »
^^ herman Cain said it, so it must be true!
PS4 = (Piece of Shat 4)

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield Series vs. Call Of Duty Series
« Reply #1 on: 12:04 PM - 01/13/15 »
BF hardline beta was miles better than aw as a whole, not trolling, 100% serious.

You should add cs:go and halo to your poll
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:07 PM - 01/13/15 »
Even if/when CoD 4, makes a return, people are going to find an excuse to @#$% about it.

If it's updated, people will @#$% about that.

If it's a carbon copy, people will @#$% about that.

Moral of the story: People like to @#$% about CoD.

I'd like it come back tho :)

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #3 on: 01:28 PM - 01/13/15 »
CS:GO is really really good, if you play on PC and stay away from Valve servers (match making). It was an awful failure on console.

Offline ShuckyDucky

• Quack Quack
    • View Profile
I would love for it to come back.

To say AW is bad is not really all that legit IMO.  its good, its just not m cup of tea.  i like it on classics mode, and i like the exo suit mode as well, but play that exo mode about 10% of the time.

I came from the old school shooters... so I am inclined to like them better.

This new school stuff is defiantly a game changer, and when we all get fiber google/net that fast paced movement will rock!

CS:GO is really really good, if you play on PC and stay away from Valve servers (match making). It was an awful failure on console.

i agree on console it was pretty bad IMO as well.  love it on PC! stick em' stick em'

BF hardline beta was miles better than aw as a whole, not trolling, 100% serious.

You should add cs:go and halo to your poll

modified, good call!
PS4 = (Piece of Shat 4)

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile

What's wrong with them?

Lag spikes 1/50 games for me but that's about it, other than that, most solid game I've ever played.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile

What's wrong with them?

Lag spikes 1/50 games for me but that's about it, other than that, most solid game I've ever played.
They are of poor quality and 64 tick has no place in competitive CS. It's okay for pubs / deathmatch, as that is just for fun. But considering there is a lot of stock in your competitive rank, the minimum tick rate should be 128.

Offline MrSir

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrSir93
cod 4 is still alive and well on pc with servers

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile

What's wrong with them?

They are of poor quality and 64 tick has no place in competitive CS. It's okay for pubs / deathmatch, as that is just for fun. But considering there is a lot of stock in your competitive rank, the minimum tick rate should be 128.

I look at mm as pubs, just for fun. If I get a 7 day ban, no big deal. I'm on one right now lol. I always solo que and half the time I mute my team. Mostly b.c they annoy the fk out of me while I'm trying to concentrate. If the people you're playing with / against don't know how to position themselves or make half decent calls (the vast majority of 1-4 star don't) then why take it seriously?

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile

What's wrong with them?

I look at mm as pubs, just for fun. If I get a 7 day ban, no big deal. I'm on one right now lol. I always solo que and half the time I mute my team. Mostly b.c they annoy the fk out of me while I'm trying to concentrate. If the people you're playing with / against don't know how to position themselves or make half decent calls (the vast majority of 1-4 star don't) then why take it seriously?
There was a time people did take it seriously. MM used to be an effective way to measure a players skill, and it was widely used for recruiting in CEVO and ESEA at the open and intermediate levels.

But due to Valves transparency on the matter, CEVO and ESEA have taken it upon themselves to provide an alternative. Your stats and player efficiency are tracked long term and match history is saved. The servers are 128 tick and regional, unlike Valves.

There really is no point to MM anymore, as it's full of tards now, and the connections stink.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
I get the same ping / experience in MM as I do TDM, just saying. Tards go on mute, chat might get disabled so I can game in peace, but its fun so don't care.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
I get the same ping / experience in MM as I do TDM, just saying. Tards go on mute, chat might get disabled so I can game in peace, but its fun so don't care.
Yeah, MM uses the same servers as valve pubs.

Hit detection is really poor. It's not a placebo thing either. With Source engine you can play back demos with bullet impact markers. It shows server and client impacts. When it impacts a player, it marks the hitboxes where the bullet registers. When it doesn't register server side, it's a red mark. When it does, it's blue. There's hundreds of videos on YouTube where people have shown the issues.

That said, the easy fix is to play CEVO/ESEA. But the downside is you don't have the luxury of finding a match almost immediately.

I guess if you're playing for fun, and maximum performance isn't an issue, then MM servers are good. But for me I'm pretty anal about hit detection and ping. Valve doesn't have any central servers, at all. Not even Chicago. So my best ping to a Valve server is between 65-75ms (I ping 8-15ms on CEVO) . I'm at disadvantage every time I play MM. I've even had people compliment my play style and act surprised I'm not ranked much higher, because of my game sense / tactics. But all of that means squat when the bullets don't reg, lol.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
I agree with the reg issues. It may be called competitive, but most of the time it's all randoms. I guess it's more competitive at higher ranks, more pre made teams, but, as a casual player, I don't see the necessity for a admirable rank.

128 rick rate death match tho, lots of fun.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
So I am really starting to tire of the COD series after all the recent alterations made in the AW release.  I have always loved Battlefield series, and have been playing it again (BF4) for weeks now.

Can't even find a decent game in Ghosts on XB1, and BLOPS2 is still raging.  i wish COD 4 would make a return like halo MCC.

Hardline looks amazing and will be the first Battlefield built for new gen consoles in mind.  it looks amazing.  i don't know about the new game modes, but with anything like the exo suit i am certain it will bring new style to the franchise.

I used to like COD and its a good franchise I just am not interested in playing it anymore, not enough variety. Now that being said I love playing Halo (w/ a team, solo can be very annoying and frustrating!). I hang onto halo because as a team its some of the most fun I have had on an FPS. I also love playing BF4 (w/ a team, but its not as necessary but certainly more fun). When I don't have a team I just play music in my headphones a little lower than game sound and just frag away. CS:GO is fun but only has a few different game types and it just feels awkward to not be able to look down sights with a military weapon. I would never do it like that in the real world so I feel awkward doing it in game. I feel a little handcuffed so it throws me. Now you might argue well Halo has the same thing. True yes it does but for some reason it never bothered me like it does on CS:GO due to the fact that you can ADS with every weapon in the game in real life. I have turned to the BF serious just due to the vast variety and pure out of the box thinking. Its about as realistic a shooter has gotten to reality without over complicating things (Arma 1-3). Yes BF4s release was absolute garbage, but its an extremely well playing game now. Also with dice and especially EA, they like to forces releases on people,  delaying hardline to ensure its release is smooth was amazing news for the future of the franchise. EA finally learned their lesson, I hope.
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline ShuckyDucky

• Quack Quack
    • View Profile

I used to like COD and its a good franchise I just am not interested in playing it anymore, not enough variety. Now that being said I love playing Halo (w/ a team, solo can be very annoying and frustrating!). I hang onto halo because as a team its some of the most fun I have had on an FPS. I also love playing BF4 (w/ a team, but its not as necessary but certainly more fun). When I don't have a team I just play music in my headphones a little lower than game sound and just frag away. CS:GO is fun but only has a few different game types and it just feels awkward to not be able to look down sights with a military weapon. I would never do it like that in the real world so I feel awkward doing it in game. I feel a little handcuffed so it throws me. Now you might argue well Halo has the same thing. True yes it does but for some reason it never bothered me like it does on CS:GO due to the fact that you can ADS with every weapon in the game in real life. I have turned to the BF serious just due to the vast variety and pure out of the box thinking. Its about as realistic a shooter has gotten to reality without over complicating things (Arma 1-3). Yes BF4s release was absolute garbage, but its an extremely well playing game now. Also with dice and especially EA, they like to forces releases on people,  delaying hardline to ensure its release is smooth was amazing news for the future of the franchise. EA finally learned their lesson, I hope.

superb reply! I agree.

I am happy to see that my thought that BF Series would be highest in the poll.  I also believe a lot of people hang onto COD like you said about halo as its the one shooter they grew with...  just wish Medal of honor made it through the years better.  Back in the day it was as good as COD. Perhaps better.

On to BF Hardline as soon as its released, for now BF4 baby!

I would like to see more people try BF for  a few months, then try COD again.
PS4 = (Piece of Shat 4)