XIM Community

XB1 unlocked 50-80% of the 7th processor core in latest update to developers.  (Read 2650 times)

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter what they do, at least until they start making decent shooters. If console was my only option, I couldn't see myself gaming atm. There is nothing to play except stuff I already own on PC, I'll take optimal performance over auto aim and worthless opponents any day.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Sadly this still doesn't close the gap in the PS4 GPU being almost twice more powerful. Hopefully, seeing the 18.5 million PS4s sold 3rd party developers will stop targeting Xbox One as the base sku for making games and start fully taking advantage of PS4 so we can see more games with visuals on the level of Shadow Fall, Infamous, and Driveclub.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
They won't.  Studios will almost always target the lowest common denominator, unless it's an exclusive.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
They won't.  Studios will almost always target the lowest common denominator, unless it's an exclusive.

This. The best you can hope for outside of exclusives is a slightly higher frame rate and/or resolution. You're not really going to see better textures or draw distance or anything else that really matters.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
I'm not on consoles for the graphics anyways.
BFH

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
Considering a lot of the Devs had said they're having issues getting bottlenecked by the CPU with this gen as opposed to the GPU, it may help a bit. Not pretty graphics wise, but less frame rate issues maybe.

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
speaking strictly as a developer unless I am part of a studio belonging to either MS or Sony I will do everything in my power to have it running on every platfrom... of course minus the Wii U since it is pretty much last gen in specs. 

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
speaking strictly as a developer unless I am part of a studio belonging to either MS or Sony I will do everything in my power to have it running on every platfrom... of course minus the Wii U since it is pretty much last gen in specs. 

I like that about you.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile

Well, that's a self contradictory statement then. Also, I didn't say games shouldn't release for Xbox One. I said that I wish developers would make more of an effort to take advantage of PS4's capabilities.

Because, really what they need to realize is that Sony has become a serious competitor in the games publishing department this gen. Releasing some of the best games I've played in a while all while looking amazing.

If, for example, this holiday season Infamous and Watchdogs came out during a similar time frame. I would most likely go with Infamous. And Sony have a lot of things rumored for release in the next couple of years.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile

Because, really what they need to realize is that Sony has become a serious competitor in the games publishing department this gen. Releasing some of the best games I've played in a while all while looking amazing.

lolwut last year was awful for games all round. Bunch of overhyped garbage.

Also ps4 exclusive lineup was pretty poor 2014 imo. Other than infamous not sure what "best games" you are talking about. Although 2015 is looking alot better for them with uncharted and bloodbourne.

Also ps4 is weak as hell too, just not as bad as an xbone. You're acting like the ps4 is an i7 with a gtx 980 or something. It's a amd cpu(lol) with an equivalent 7850 gpu (lol again). So what ps4 "capabilities" should they take advantage of? I don't think you understand what 50% better gpu over the xbone actually means.

Already severely outperformed compared to a 970/980 and even more so when amd's 3xx series comes out Q1 this year.

edit: inb4 I get called a fanboy. Had both a ps4 and xbone but sold both and upgraded my pc instead cause I was so disappointed.
« Last Edit: 06:39 AM - 01/08/15 by Oxxy »

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
So wait a second : "Also ps4 exclusive lineup was pretty poor 2014 imo" Oh, your opinion is valid but: "some of the best games I've played" requires a lolwut? Pheck off

You're right last year was awful if you like big brand more marketing than development budget games: Watchdogs, Destiny, Ryse, COD, Assassin's Creed, Titanfall were all disappointing. However, if you go a budget level and more below that lesser hyped games made it for the most fun year I've had in the past four.

I'm not going to start listing them because the whole point I was making was that part of what made if that fun were Sony's proving their legitimacy as a publisher. Driveclub was the best racing game I've played since PGR4, Infamous was the best super hero game I've played since Crackdown, Shadow Fall's MP was just plain fun, and Resogun was a great arcade game.

Also, "best" is a comparative not a superlative. I didn't say any of those were the best games ever but they were some of the best of the crop of the year and some of the most fun I've had in a while with.

"Also ps4 is weak as hell too, just not as bad as an xbone. You're acting like the ps4 is an i7 with a gtx 980 or something."

No, I'm not. You clearly seem to have problems understanding the thing you've just read. The reality however, is that PS4 is more powerful than an Xbox One and when stacking exclusives up, or stacking Sony's exclusives against 3rd party games there is a clear quality gap.

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
So wait a second : "Also ps4 exclusive lineup was pretty poor 2014 imo" Oh, your opinion is valid but: "some of the best games I've played" requires a lolwut? Pheck off

You're right last year was awful if you like big brand more marketing than development budget games: Watchdogs, Destiny, Ryse, COD, Assassin's Creed, Titanfall were all disappointing. However, if you go a budget level and more below that lesser hyped games made it for the most fun year I've had in the past four.

I'm not going to start listing them because the whole point I was making was that part of what made if that fun were Sony's proving their legitimacy as a publisher. Driveclub was the best racing game I've played since PGR4, Infamous was the best super hero game I've played since Crackdown, Shadow Fall's MP was just plain fun, and Resogun was a great arcade game.

Also, "best" is a comparative not a superlative. I didn't say any of those were the best games ever but they were some of the best of the crop of the year and some of the most fun I've had in a while with.

"Also ps4 is weak as hell too, just not as bad as an xbone. You're acting like the ps4 is an i7 with a gtx 980 or something."

No, I'm not. You clearly seem to have problems understanding the thing you've just read. The reality however, is that PS4 is more powerful than an Xbox One and when stacking exclusives up, or stacking Sony's exclusives against 3rd party games there is a clear quality gap.

yea last year was fine, just sleeper hits were good and what not

the big publisher games can't live up to people's expectations since they are afraid to do stuff

witcher 3 looks better than most crap they put out graphically and has way more content... amusing that its made by a team 1/10th the size with a lesser budget than their garbage

pubs just push out stuff that the brain dead can also enjoy, more money,  tbh im enjoying myself more with games that aren't shooters now... so many simple steps thrown out the window that can help the game be good (public beta tests, or large closed tests) just because they don't care and want those day 1 sales numbers incase their game sucks

Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile

Shouldn't really be bragging about multiplats when pc @#$% all over it even with the poor pc ports right now, gaps going to get even bigger in a few months with amd's 3xx cards. Every year it's going to get worse and worse lol.

I guess you prefer the cinematic 30 fps experience though.

edit: might by a xbone & ps4 again though when they get some decent exclusive lineups. Greatness awaits I guess :)
« Last Edit: 09:26 AM - 01/08/15 by Oxxy »

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
Interesting read on xbone.

http://www.tmag.it/2015/01/07/inside-xbox-one-dual-lane-directx-12-e-soc-virtuale-secondo-i-leak-degli-sdk/

(it's in italian but your browser should be able to translate)

Admin