XIM Community

Do the All-in-One xims Maximus sells on ebay work with current ps3 firmware  (Read 1774 times)

Offline BlackSkyGamer

• View Profile
Was looking for alternatives to standard controller since I love to play shooters on pc but the ones I do constantly get plagued by chams and aimbots, so if I could get the best of both worlds, mouse like control on a console that'd be great.

Anyhow, was looking at things like fragNstein, frag pro etc but this option seems to offer more control over tweaking so I'm considering dropping some cash on one of these ready made xims as opposed to having to buy the tool stick cord, adapter, soldering iron etc.

My concern as I was seeing how there were some threads about certain adapters being affected by certain PS3 firmware upgrades, my question is does the adapter that's built into the one's maximus sells still work with the current PS3 firmware :D? Anyone who has one of these Id like to know if things are still smooth sailing for you.

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
i order my today and it was shipped today. will have my tuesday.

pretty sure it works from reading the forums.  the seller is also a member on this forum

Offline echoboomer

• View Profile
It will work.

The threads about adapters post 2.70 is really out of date. Many of the adapters that stopped working when 2.70 came out started working again after later updates.

Offline Alex00723

• View Profile
And also since that version, may suppliers just switched to the yobo adapter. So those are the most common adapters now sold with the XIM. So you don't really have to worry. Also if you are curious, just send them a question email. They will be glad to answer you as soon as possible.

Offline forsberg

• View Profile
I've got one from maximus.

The latest firmware (3.10) did some weird things with mine.  I need to unplug the xim from the ps3 and then plug it back in to recognize it each time.

Before 3.10 I could just turn on pc + ps3 and activate the xim.

Offline SithEmpire34

• View Profile
Its working flawlessly for me--nothing diff

Offline BlackSkyRumba

• View Profile
Hm, well hopefully the one I ordered works okay.  Still waiting for it to arrive o.o  curse the Usps, seems to take forever.