XIM Community

2 issues  (Read 1073 times)

Offline teh1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: teh1
2 issues
« on: 11:12 AM - 12/29/14 »
First issue is I use a g502 mouse. On cod I have the front tab button right next to my right fire button as my x button that reloads and accepts care packages. But when I press it my character also wants to walk right?? Also mid game and this happens often my ST will switch to another ST like destiny or I will drop buttons all together and have to go in and reprogram buttons or change the ST back all together. Thanks

Offline loogie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ca5u41ty
Re: 2 issues
« Reply #1 on: 11:23 AM - 12/29/14 »
Muy interesante. Did you update your XIM to the newest firmware. I don't believe this issue was ever a bug, but when something goes wrong with my XIM, a new firmware never hurts.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #2 on: 11:31 AM - 12/29/14 »
What generic key is assigned to the g502 g8-key?  D?  WASD are common movement keys, so if your g502 g8-key is set to D, then you would strafe right.

As for Destiny, do you have a hotkey assigned to fast switch to that profile.  Also, check your global settings.  Do you have any keys assigned to next/previous profile?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12:26 PM - 12/29/14 »
Updating the firmware is definitely something you'll want to do.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline teh1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:58 PM - 12/29/14 »
OK I'm a moron the key was a signed to d. I don't know why I did that. But like last night I fired it up and started playing and went to fire and my left button wouldn't fire. So I had to go in a reassign that key. I have deleted destiny so it defaults back to ghost now and I have to switch it when I play. No hot keys assigned.

Offline teh1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:02 PM - 12/29/14 »
I download the new firmware at the top of the firmware list awhile ago.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #6 on: 05:19 PM - 12/30/14 »
You might want to check the Manage setting.  The profile at the top of the list is the default profile used when the XIM4 powers on.  If the profile you are intending to use is not at the top, then each time you power up the xim4, you will need to click Load --> profile

Also, its good to color coat the profiles, so you can quickly tell if the profile you are using is not the correct one. 

Admin