XIM Community

XIMCommander 20141209 (obsolete)  (Read 13196 times)

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #30 on: 10:07 PM - 12/09/14 »
For the people that tested it, how's the added input delay?

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10:11 PM - 12/09/14 »
I feel absolutely zero difference. I used the ps3 controller and my Chinese made flight stick side by side at the same time. Fire one then other, jump, duck, ect... Same to me. Awesomeness

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:14 PM - 12/09/14 »
When I push up on the flight stick, I get to about 80% travel or throw and it stops working. Release a little and it starts working again. All other axis work fine. Stick works in windows.  Tried another stick different brand same result. Just the up axis. That was all digital BTW using xpadder.

Do you have any utils that can show the raw values for all possible controls?  Not sure about the game controller settings in windows, they might show it.  If you can find out what the ranges of values are, that would help a ton.

I'll take a look and see if I can spot any math errors in my code, but there's very little actual math, so... not sure about that.  I'll look.

Just noticed in the manger all axis binds under keyboard say J down.

Not sure what you mean by axis binds.  Elaborate?

Also in order for me to bind anything, when the manager is "listening" I have to hold down the button I want blinded then press print screen. Might be normal?

PrtSc just toggles the mode.  You'd click the action, see "Listening...", hit PrtSc to toggle capture, press the button, hit PrtSc to turn off capture, repeat as needed.  It's a little awkward but it's what you get for using the same input device for both purposes.  :)

If that doesn't work, I need to know more about exactly what you do that fails and where+how it fails.  That IS what I do, though, and it works fine for me.

Offline Legend

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #33 on: 10:43 PM - 12/09/14 »
do i put the mouse in the PC

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #34 on: 10:51 PM - 12/09/14 »
do i put the mouse in the PC

you can absolutely, then use this...I'm confused why you need XIMCommander, if you are using the NAV and a mouse...and not a joystick, disabled gamer...

but yes, plug mouse into PC...plug transfer cable into the mouse spot you just unplugged on the xim and into PC...run this program

Offline jackal_329

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:58 AM - 12/10/14 »
Having some issues getting Xim Commander to work. 

Receiving error below:

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:10 AM - 12/10/14 »
jackal--

Yeah, you shouldn't actually need to install DX.  That error message was there from before I added the redistributable DLL that was required.

It looks like it thinks the file is corrupt.  I have a thought about that...

Can you get properties on the xinput DLL in that folder and see if there's a note about it coming from another computer and a button that would tell it to unblock the file?  Depending on your Windows installation and configuration, the system will sometimes block executables or DLLs whose source is unknown.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 02:18 AM - 12/10/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02:21 AM - 12/10/14 »
My own bug report:

Due to a cutnpaste error on my part, a XIM4 Commander device that shows up as a Joystick in XIM4 Manager is not processing a second stick, if present.  This does not apply to x360 controllers, just generic joysticks.

I will fix this.

Offline jackal_329

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:15 AM - 12/10/14 »
jackal--

Yeah, you shouldn't actually need to install DX.  That error message was there from before I added the redistributable DLL that was required.

It looks like it thinks the file is corrupt.  I have a thought about that...

Can you get properties on the xinput DLL in that folder and see if there's a note about it coming from another computer and a button that would tell it to unblock the file?  Depending on your Windows installation and configuration, the system will sometimes block executables or DLLs whose source is unknown.

Thanks!

I unblocked both xinput1_3.dll and XIMInputFilter.dll and it gives the same sets of errors.

Offline Y2K

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07:49 AM - 12/10/14 »
Great Job Aiken!

I noticed that the  mouse are not showing up on the Xim Manager,Only Empty White Square box.

I also run into the xinput1_3.dll on the  first start up but it fix after install the dx

Edit

« Last Edit: 07:56 AM - 12/10/14 by artid89 »
ONE/PS4/PC
Router:Netgear r7800 with SQM
Mouse: GPro Wireless swap with kailh switches ..
keyboard: Leopold FC900R cherry red
Pad: qck+
Sound: HD600/modmic

Offline Yallix

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08:04 AM - 12/10/14 »
Hey fellas and Aiken,

thank you for letting XIMCommander on XIM 4 happen. I appreciate your hard work and I tried the first version out. There is my following feedback:

Iīm using it with my Razer Naga 2014 Lefthanded Mouse and a default cheap keyboard. The Synapse 2.0 driver seems to work with XIM 4 just fine because of XIM4Commander. Finally!

There are no input lags I was able to notice. Really aswesome and nicely done!

Bug report:

Its not reallly a bug. Its more something missing that i appreciate when you add that:

I have created 2 Profiles on my XIM 4 for one game. The first one has the hotkey F1 and the other F2. When i play with XIM4Commander i canīt switch between them because the buttons F1 and F2 donīt work at all. Just when i play without XIM4Commander.

If you can fix that i wonīt have any issues.

Thank you.

Offline jackal_329

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:15 AM - 12/10/14 »
I was able to get it to launch by replacing xinput1_3.dll with the version of the file located in system32.
haven't tested commander (the ingame movement, aiming et cetera) yet though.
« Last Edit: 08:59 AM - 12/10/14 by jackal_329 »

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #42 on: 08:36 AM - 12/10/14 »
^^ this

Offline jackal_329

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08:39 AM - 12/10/14 »
^^ this

So far none. If you claim to be able to feel 4 or even 8 ms you are insane.

I'll advise if issues with scripts.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12:36 PM - 12/10/14 »
I unblocked both xinput1_3.dll and XIMInputFilter.dll and it gives the same sets of errors.

Hrm.  Okay, is this what you were trying to install earlier when it said you were already up to date?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

That's what people seem to recommend when they can't find xinput1_3.dll at all.  I'm wondering if you and artid89 ran different installers and that's why yours didn't take care of this.

(We don't really want you to need to do this, so we'll try to find a workaround, but for now it might be necessary.)

Admin