XIM Community

XIMCommander 20141209 (obsolete)  (Read 13197 times)

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #15 on: 04:33 PM - 12/09/14 »
Input lag is noticeable for me, but not too bad. It will just take some time to get used to. 
Hrm, that's unfortunate.  Would you mind relaying what hardware you're using?  The PC hardware, the OS, the peripherals?  Are some peripherals more laggy than others?

Also, are they the same peripherals you normally have connected to your XIM4, or are they your PC peripherals?  I'm wondering if, say, you're not at 1000Hz mouse polling in Windows, which often requires a hack to enable, though I think some mice have drivers that enable it properly.

I'll try polling my g500s at 1000 to see if that makes any difference.  Have an AMD 8320 OC'd to 4.0 ghz running on 8.1. I do have an additional generic keyboard plugged in as well as a g400s.

Edit: 1000 polling seems to be better. To be honest it probably just feels weird because the mouse is running through windows now as opposed to the raw input. Everything is running great though.

Final Edit: Input lag is still there, it's got to be unavoidable as was previously with the commander. No worries, it will just take some time to adjust to it. 
« Last Edit: 04:44 PM - 12/09/14 by guitarpanda »

Offline Pete512

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:38 PM - 12/09/14 »
For some reason my mouse just looks up. I can bring to it move down, but it just aims for the ceiling.

Edit:
Got it. I just unplugged and replugged in the xim and it works. (crashed comp tho) will report back with more testing.
« Last Edit: 04:45 PM - 12/09/14 by Pete512 »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04:53 PM - 12/09/14 »
I'll try polling my g500s at 1000 to see if that makes any difference.  Have an AMD 8320 OC'd to 4.0 ghz running on 8.1. I do have an additional generic keyboard plugged in as well as a g400s.
That should all be fine, I think.  I do think I saw someone say that it's possible for one slow-polling device to drag down polling on other devices on the same USB controller.  You could check your polling rate with an app like one of these:

Direct Input Mouse Rate:
http://www.overclock.net/t/560067/direct-input-mouse-rate/0_20
This may be the most useful, since we use DirectInput to read the mouse.

Mouse Rate:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mouserate/
This uses Java and is thus runnable on just about any platform.

Mouse Rate Checker
http://au.cybergamer.com/files/773/
An oldie but a goodie, a simple win32 app.

Also, while finding links for those, I discovered that there's a huge hullabaloo about MS limiting mouse polling to 200Hz in Windows 8.1.  It's not clear whether that is true for both games and desktop, but you might want to look into whether that's affecting you.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04:55 PM - 12/09/14 »
The only time I had the program hang is when I forgot to turn the program off before I restarted my xbox.

I just unplugged and replugged in the xim and it works. (crashed comp tho)

Do I understand correctly that these were "soft" lockups, or was it an actual crash?

(like, with an error code or a bluescreen or something)

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:01 PM - 12/09/14 »
The only time I had the program hang is when I forgot to turn the program off before I restarted my xbox.

Do I understand correctly that these were "soft" lockups, or was it an actual crash?

For me it was a soft lockup. Only happened when I didn't close commander before restarting the xbox.  I was having typical xbox 1 problems, so decided to hard restart. It caused commander to hang as I would suspect, as it lost its best friend the, xbox. Closed it, and that was it. No errors, blue screens, or crash. Just commander itself.

I'll look into the polling rate checker here soon, I used to have one quite some time ago in the good ol xim2 days. 

Offline Pete512

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:12 PM - 12/09/14 »

Just a soft lockup. Besides from the lockups and guide button not working/cant cycle profiles it's working great so far. On Windows 8 you can't over clock your polling rate, but if your mouse already has the polling rate set or can do it in drivers it's not a problem. My comfort optical mouse 3000 works now, thanks Aiken!

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:15 PM - 12/09/14 »
guide button not working
Is the guide button not going through to XIM4, or not working in Windows?  I specifically worked around that limitation, so it *should* be getting recognized and sent through to XIM4.  If not, it's a bug.

Edit: Just tried it myself, using the Guide button while binding an action set to the action to J11, as expected.  Seems to work fine here.

can't cycle profiles
Oh, that's a very good point.  Since we require Manager to be open, you can't use keys to change profiles.  Hmm.  I'll have to talk to OBs about that.

« Last Edit: 05:30 PM - 12/09/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline bmg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:25 PM - 12/09/14 »
Just some basic tests so far, but looks like it's working. Going to try my joystick next.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:33 PM - 12/09/14 »
Just some basic tests so far, but looks like it's working. Going to try my joystick next.

Yeah, this is the part that currently concerns me most about functionality.  I can generally assume that the main stick is on the main axes, because those have always been around and their usage is standardized.  However, every axis assignment after the main one seems to be very, very arbitrarily chosen by joystick/gamepad makers, and I simply had to pick one to use.  If you don't get the mapping you need, you'll currently need an external app that can remap axes for you.

Offline Pete512

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:45 PM - 12/09/14 »
guide button not working
Is the guide button not going through to XIM4, or not working in Windows?  I specifically worked around that limitation, so it *should* be getting recognized and sent through to XIM4.  If not, it's a bug.

Maybe it's because I have it binded to the tilde key? You know, this one ~~

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:50 PM - 12/09/14 »
Could be.  To use the guide button as it usually is used, you actually have to bind the Guide button on your controller to the Guide button action, under Buttons.  As a joystick, it will register the Guide button as J11, I think.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:02 PM - 12/09/14 »
When I plug the xim4 to the pc with a belkin f4u060 transfer cable, I can no longer connect to the xim with the manager. Win7 64bit. Manager on android device.

Did you follow the directions about changing the XIM4 Manager command line?

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:28 PM - 12/09/14 »
Missed that in the readme.  Everything works great except one thing.  When I push up on the flight stick, I get to about 80% travel or throw and it stops working. Release a little and it starts working again. All other axis work fine. Stick works in windows. Tried another stick different brand same result. Just the up axis. That was all digital BTW using xpadder. Just realized I didn't need xpadder. Everything binds fine in manager including analog stick movements except, up. If you go past say 80%, you actually start going backwards! I believe this fix is on your end. All the other axis work awesome. The commander software rocks and completes the xim4! Great work
Just noticed in the manger all axis binds under keyboard say J down.  Also in order for me to bind anything, when the manager is "listening" I have to hold down the button I want blinded then press print screen. Might be normal?
« Last Edit: 09:55 PM - 12/09/14 by sunaikinti1 »

Offline Legend

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #28 on: 08:43 PM - 12/09/14 »
im confused hows this is suppose to be set up with 3 ports, btw im using the nav wired so how am i suppose to do this someone help please.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #29 on: 10:01 PM - 12/09/14 »
im confused hows this is suppose to be set up with 3 ports, btw im using the nav wired so how am i suppose to do this someone help please.

So...you have to have a controller plugged in, and the XIM plugged into the console.

If you have a nav wired plugged into the XIM it will work,
then you could have a keyboard on the PC and a transfer cable from the PC to the XIM.

Admin