XIM Community

XIMCommander 20141216 (obsolete)  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
XIMCommander 20141216 (obsolete)
« on: 10:57 PM - 12/16/14 »
Okay, I think I have a version worth giving out.  A day or two late, but whatever.  That's better than my usual week late.  :)

I'm going to play Destiny for an hour or so with it to be sure there's nothing amiss, but I'll hand it off to OBsIV if it looks good.

This is the changelog.  If you see this in the next hour or so and you see something MISSING that you desperately needed and expected me to give you in this build, this is your chance to speak up and remind me.  I've been a bit harried with that rootkit and the cleanup the last couple of days and I don't claim to have the best memory.  :P

- Added a log file in user profile folder.
- Fixed accent grave a.k.a. backtick being reported as tilde incorrectly.
- Fixed G13 joystick not showing up.
- Some flightsticks might be at least partially mappable now.
- Fixed unintentionally-small dead zone on joystick -> digital conversion.
- Always poll at 1000Hz even if hardware isn't updating that fast.
- Add F16-F24.  Mayyybe.  Someone needs to test it for me.  DirectInput doesn't officially support these.
- Don't let it run twice.
- Add ini file with cycle hotkey in user profile folder, created on first run.
- Fix clip better when not confining cursor.

Edit: Note: Have not repro'ed the video capture issue yet.  No fix in this build.  Any leads on repro welcome, esp. if they don't require certain hardware.

Edit 2: Re: Aux1-3 buttons: These should work already.  I will need to know if there are more Aux buttons on some mice.  DirectInput only maps 8 of them, including right, left, middle, back, forward, and aux1-3.

Okay, guys, the one I played with is now available here.  But again, let's do this:

GIGANTIC CAVEAT

This is not yet production-quality software.  It IS possible for it to leave your system in a mode where inputs are blocked to your desktop/apps, but the XC app is dead and unable to turn the mode off.  This is resolved after a reboot, mind you.  There are two safeguards against this, but still, they might fail.

Just beware that editing sensitive documents should be mutually exclusive with using XIM Commander.  Okay?

http://cloud.xim4.com/Alpha/XIM4Commander-20141216-Alpha.zip

« Last Edit: 05:05 PM - 12/28/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #1 on: 11:02 PM - 12/16/14 »
Oh, and I have one more changelog note I just remembered:

The timeout that guards against leaving your system in a soft-locked state has been changed from 4 seconds to 30 seconds.  This has two obvious consequences:

1) If you do softlock, give it 30 seconds and you may get control back.

2) This MAY help the issue with XC disabling intermittently for some of you.  We'll see.  Thing is, I don't know how it was getting to that point in the first place, and the idea that the filtering code was not hearing from the XC app for four full seconds is worrisome, but we'll see.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:07 PM - 12/16/14 »
Okay, I've done a couple of nightfall runs using my G600 and an X360 controller on my PC.  Seems good.  I've gotta do one more thing and then I'll box it up.

Get anything good from the nightfall?

I did, for a change!  I got a very spiffy chest piece for my warlock:

http://destinydb.com/items/287395896-starfire-protocol#1.cGEMbR8

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:55 PM - 12/16/14 »
Thanks for all the effort aiken and sorry that i didnt read the last few pages, could have answered my question alone that way
There are just so many posts after being out for a while :S
After me admitting that im SOMEWHAT lazy, any setup tut out there already? ;)
Will give it a go tomorrow and report about it then :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Hancoque

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:08 AM - 12/17/14 »
the idea that the filtering code was not hearing from the XC app for four full seconds is worrisome
The thing is that it works up to the point where the Commander disables itself. Keyboard and mouse input is forwarded properly to the console. It's really odd if the Manager is not answering back for some reason while putting through the input to the console.

I also considered that it might be that the Commander simply receives that the Print key has been pressed while it hasn't. After all, it seems to be a lower level key and you are reading it at a very low level if I understood you correctly. Maybe just changing the toggle key to a more common key solves the problem. I will test this in the evening.

Edit: No, changing the key didn't help. A simple workaround could be to disable the automatic disabling mechanism via another config file option.
« Last Edit: 12:49 PM - 12/17/14 by Hancoque »

Offline sandak

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: msutome
« Reply #5 on: 07:52 AM - 12/17/14 »
What's weird for me is I was doing VoG Hard Mode the other night. During Gatekeeper where there was a lot of movement (so I don't think a period of inactivity was happening) XC just kicked off. I just hit the prnt-srcn button again and it started working.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:56 PM - 12/17/14 »
Hmm.  I can give you an option to disable the safeguard.  That seems expedient for now.  There's a backup safeguard that disables the filter if you hit alt-esc, as if to exit the app.

But I do need to figure out why it does that, because it suggests that there's some part of the mechanism that isn't working the way I think it is, so I need to fix my thinking and work accordingly.  :)

I also discovered a range error in the G13 joystick where you could end up with Y = -1 at exactly Y = +1.  I'll do these quickies and ask OBs to upload a new version.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:06 PM - 12/17/14 »
What's weird for me is I was doing VoG Hard Mode the other night. During Gatekeeper where there was a lot of movement (so I don't think a period of inactivity was happening) XC just kicked off. I just hit the prnt-srcn button again and it started working.

the XIM360 software had this too (which basically is XIM Commander v1.0)
you had to rightlick the desktop icon and set it "run in maximized window" so the cursor couldnt occassionally jump out of the programm

i havent launched aikens commander yet so cannot comment on how relevant this info is, but its worth to be mentioned
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:01 PM - 12/17/14 »
Everytime I try to bind the key in the manager,  I press the prntscn button to turn on commander and it binds the prntscn button.  Once in a while it'll work correctly.

Got all the buttons to bind, but cannot bind the axis on the stick.  Not recognized.  So I used wasd and xpadder. Still have same problem!  Left right and back work great, but forward only works till about 80%. If I push it all the way it stops. Before the update it was the same. And I could bind the axis in the manager analog.  But after the 80% when I moved the stick all the forward,  I would start to run backwards. I recalibrated flightstick in windows. Used a different stick different brand same thing. The flight stick I am trying is Logitech attack 3. Win7 64 bit.

Just reread last few pages. Maybe its that range error you are talking about with the g13. Sounds the same my +y becomes -y if I push to far on stick.
« Last Edit: 06:53 PM - 12/17/14 by sunaikinti1 »

Offline noacess

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:30 PM - 12/17/14 »
I have a strange issue to report with my G13.  I mapped the joystick to "Joystick" in the Logitech manager software, and it does get passed through XIMCommander.  However, if I push the stick a little forward in Destiny, I walk forward...but if I push it all the way forward, I walk backwards!

Any ideas?  I'm using the Destiny ST on a Xbox One.

Thanks

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:45 PM - 12/17/14 »
Same. Didn't you read post above yours?   :)

Offline noacess

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:48 PM - 12/17/14 »
Whoops.  Clearly not all of it!  Glad I could corroborate the issue.  ;D

Same. Didn't you read post above yours?   :)

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:54 PM - 12/17/14 »
Aiken already fixed problem. Just waiting on new upload.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:13 PM - 12/18/14 »
Yeah, sorry, discovered a bug in the mouse clip (confine) code that can leave your mouse stuck even when the filter isn't running anymore.  Still trying to figure it out.  I thought it would be a quickie, but I should probably just give you guys this version so your sticks work and you can reboot if your mouse gets stuck.  :)  Only happened to me once so far.

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:20 PM - 12/18/14 »
That would be awesome to get the new version asap! Been waiting since day one to use this stick I bought :)

Admin