XIM Community

XIMCommander 20141218 (obsolete)  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
XIMCommander 20141218 (obsolete)
« on: 09:35 PM - 12/18/14 »
Okay, only off by a few hours this time.  Maybe my estimates are improving.  Nah.  Not likely.

This is the changelog:

- Added INI [Filter] section with Timeout=30 (0=no timeout) and Enable=1 variables by default
- Fixed G13 stick.y range error.
- Fix cursor clip in different code location for consistently correct results
- Debounced the cycle button to keep it from binding.

Regarding the first line in the changelog, you can either add those lines to the ini and muck with them, or you can delete your ini file and let the app create a fresh one with them already filled in, or you can just leave them off if you don't need to change them.

As always, let's do this:

GIGANTIC CAVEAT

This is not yet production-quality software.  It IS possible for it to leave your system in a mode where inputs are blocked to your desktop/apps, but the XC app is dead and unable to turn the mode off.  This is resolved after a reboot, mind you.  There are two safeguards against this, but still, they might fail.

Just beware that editing sensitive documents should be mutually exclusive with using XIM Commander.  Okay?

http://cloud.xim4.com/Alpha/XIM4Commander-20141218-Alpha.zip
« Last Edit: 05:04 PM - 12/28/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Hancoque

• View Profile
Re: Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #1 on: 06:01 AM - 12/19/14 »
What does Enable=0 do?

PS: It works now without problems after setting Timeout=0. :)
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 12/19/14 by Hancoque »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:26 AM - 12/19/14 »
What does Enable=0 do?

PS: It works now without problems after setting Timeout=0. :)

Enable=0 simply lets your mouse and keyboard events through to the desktop.  It's not really something you'd use under normal circumstances.

Actually, I just realized missed the 'Enable' check in the part where I confine the cursor, so that happens regardless.  But yeah, 0 means your clicks and keystrokes still go through.  It's more intended as a possible diagnostic aid than an actual useful mode.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:47 AM - 12/19/14 »
QUICK REQUEST FOR OPINIONS

It's a minor thing, but now that the cycle hotkey is configurable, the default doesn't have to be my educated guess at a supposedly-seldom-used key.  Anyone have a stronger preference?

I actually wanted it to the the 'Pause' key (a.k.a. Pause/Break), which is normally right in the corner on the top row, thus easy to find by touch.  OBsIV liked this too.  However, I thought people might actually want to use that key for games, e.g. for the start/pause menu, so I picked another in the same group.

There really aren't a lot of options, since XC is meant to run in the background and allow normal desktop usage when capture isn't enabled.  My INI parser doesn't currently allow for a modifier (shift, alt, ctrl, win), but that'd be fairly easy to add if it's useful.

Note that many special keys already have global functions, even with modifiers, e.g. win+pause = System control panel.  Please check that before suggesting.  :)

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:35 PM - 12/19/14 »
Joystick works, but now I just spin in circles. Something now wrong with mouse. Was perfect in previous releases.
« Last Edit: 02:17 PM - 12/19/14 by sunaikinti1 »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:15 PM - 12/19/14 »
Uhh.  Hmm.  I didn't change the mouse code.  Can you do something for me?  Run the app, let it do its thing (or not do it), exit cleanly, and then PM me the contents of the XIM4CommanderLog.txt file in your user profile folder?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:46 PM - 12/19/14 »
Joystick works, but now I just spin in circles. Something now wrong with mouse. Was perfect in previous releases.

I just sent you a private build with the right stick disabled on generic joysticks.  I might have enabled that since the previous build.  Try it and let me know if you stop spinning.

I might need to finish my partially-written remapper sooner rather than later if this is going to be an issue.

Offline Hancoque

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:52 PM - 12/19/14 »
I use the print key for making screenshots, which is a built-in functionality in Windows, so that's one reason not to use that key for anything else. Another reason would be that certain notebook keyboards might not have that key, which applies to pause and scroll lock as well. But as it's configurable and people with odd keyboards can change the key I would vote for the scroll lock key nonetheless, as it's really never used for anything else nowadays than for tools such as this, and it also has a status indicator light associated with it, which the tool could use to show its status.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:58 PM - 12/19/14 »
I'm leery of the Scroll Lock key because I know some keyboards basically wire their backlight into the Scroll Lock indicator.  This is because, as you say, it's not really used for anything these days, so it's convenient to hijack.  Hmmm.

BTW I didn't realize the PrtSc key could be used without modifiers to screencap.  I thought it had to be alt+ or ctrl+.  I've always used it as such.  :)  Yeah, that's unfortunate, then.

Offline sunaikinti1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:17 PM - 12/19/14 »

I just sent you a private build with the right stick disabled on generic joysticks.  I might have enabled that since the previous build.  Try it and let me know if you stop spinning.

I might need to finish my partially-written remapper sooner rather than later if this is going to be an issue.

Works perfect now. Your awesome!

Offline SweepsMT

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SweepsMT
« Reply #10 on: 04:02 PM - 12/19/14 »
works amazingly well, played some Halo MCC with some friends last night on it, reallyyy well done!

just thought i'd mention that i figured out a work around to avoiding that "restart only" state. Turning off both XIMCommander and XIMManger (commander mode) before turning off the console (or xbox one in my case) always meant i didn't have to restart or have it muff my pc up etc...

I use a Avermedia Extremecap U3 so my video & audio streams to the PC with low latency. XIMCommander + U3 + Recentral in full screen = almost just like the game is running on my PC.

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:21 PM - 12/19/14 »
How do i run "xim4 manager.exe /commander"? where do i put the argument?

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:31 PM - 12/19/14 »
How do i run "xim4 manager.exe /commander"? where do i put the argument?
found the read me

"XIM4 Manager, in order to convey inputs to the XIM4 itself, must first be run
in "Commander Mode", which is done by creating a new shortcut to XIM4 Manager
and adding "/commander" to its command line.  Connect your USB transfer cable
to your PC and your XIM4 and then run that shortcut."

Offline UPnDOWNnUPnDOWN

• alaskan eskimo
    • View Profile
    • Twitch channel
  • PSN ID: shoxieCSGO
« Reply #13 on: 06:01 PM - 12/19/14 »
Can someone put down the download link for this Xim commander app? And instructions how to use it. Thanks!

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:44 PM - 12/19/14 »
Can someone put down the download link for this Xim commander app? And instructions how to use it. Thanks!

Welcome to the thread.  :)  The Commander app is currently in alpha testing.  To download and use it, you will first have to prove yourself as a dedicated tester by performing the Ancient Ritual of Proving Yourself As a Dedicated Tester.  And by that, I mean reading through the thread so you know what's what with the test and where the download link is.  ;)  Don't be afraid.  The odds are on your side.  At least six out of seven hopefuls return alive from the ritual.

No, really, it's important to read the thread if you want to test the app.  Honest.  Please read up.  :)

Admin