XIM Community

XIMCommander 20141219 (LATEST)  (Read 43497 times)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Re: Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #30 on: 09:55 AM - 12/24/14 »
Yes, my AHK is downloaded today...
Try the below code it requires a double F6 within 400ms, this is directly from the AHK examples.

I can't get it to work however (in XIMCommander) works outside of it.

Code: [Select]
~F6::
if (A_PriorHotkey <> "~F6" or A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 400)
{
    ; Too much time between presses, so this isn't a double-press.
    KeyWait, F6
    return
}
Send {c down}
Sleep 30
Send {c up}

I made a note to look at this.  I'll come back to it when I'm doing XC stuff tomorrow.  That way I can debug what's actually going through or not.

Cool, let me know.  A lot of the drivers for these devices for handicapped individuals that rely on the detections of a double click, because of their limited available actions.

Offline Pete512

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:28 PM - 12/24/14 »
Just found a awesome autohotkey script to change monitor input with a hotkey.
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/96884-change-monitor-input-source/page-2

Last post by shimapan. Windows key + X to change between HDMI/DVI. Works great for me so far, maybe someone else might find this useful.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02:44 PM - 12/24/14 »
Works great! Thanks!
I am Spartacus!

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09:19 PM - 12/24/14 »
All set, it looks like the ctrl key is still recognized in ts even with commander running. Perfect!

Ah, that brings up a good point.  I have to pick a place in the input pipeline at which to block input, and I have to pick which APIs to block.  I can't block too early, or AHK gets blocked too.  As it happens, I block at what is almost the last chance before the desktop or apps receive it.  A third-party background program may still function... that is, if you want it... you'd probably say "interfere" if you don't want it.  ;)

Offline Yallix

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04:53 PM - 12/25/14 »
I have created 2 Profiles on my XIM 4 for one game. The first one has the hotkey F1 and the other F2. When i play with XIM4Commander i canīt switch between them because the buttons F1 and F2 donīt work at all. Just when i play without XIM4Commander.

Yup, someone else mentioned this as well.  I sent a note to OBsIV to see if there was a way around this.  I'll have to get back to you on this, though.  I suspect it would need a firmware change.

Any news about that? Because the new versions still have this issue. :)

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:32 AM - 12/26/14 »
Been using it for a couple of days now. Haven't got any ghosting like i did before. Only problem i run across is it will randomly cut out, and i have to hit "print screen" to enable the capture again. Happens 2-3 times per the first 5-10 mins. After that usually runs flawlessly.

Do you have the timeout in the .ini file set to 0?  That might help if not.

yes i do have it set to =0
« Last Edit: 03:39 PM - 12/26/14 by Jet8 »

Offline bmg

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01:15 PM - 12/26/14 »
Would it be possible to make XimManager minimizable? It would be nice when using XimCommander and going back and forth between the pc and console.
« Last Edit: 01:25 PM - 12/26/14 by bmg »

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #37 on: 05:02 PM - 12/26/14 »
Would it be possible to make XimManager minimizable? It would be nice when using XimCommander and going back and forth between the pc and console.

i just close it, something that hooks as much as this program does...isn't really something you want open all the time.

Offline bmg

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:35 PM - 12/26/14 »

i just close it, something that hooks as much as this program does...isn't really something you want open all the time.

I assume you need to keep it open when using XimCommander though. I tend to flip back and forth between pc and xbone. Not a big deal, but seems kind of pointless to have it open on the desktop just for XimCommander.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07:03 PM - 12/26/14 »

I think that, for the moment, this is actually a good idea.  I suspect I have a resource leak somewhere.  I left it running for several days and eventually new windows and other GDI stuff failed to open or draw.  The second I found a way to kill it, everything woke back up and behaved normally.

At the very least, exit after each day's gaming.

Edit: I will, of course, be tracking down the issue.  ;)

« Last Edit: 07:17 PM - 12/26/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline kyle03

• View Profile
Re: XIMCommander 20141219 (LATEST)
« Reply #40 on: 04:29 AM - 01/03/15 »
Haven't had an issue with this release yet, it has picked up the PrtScn button every time which the previous releases failed to do until it was pressed a few times.

Thanks XIM, using my K70 makes a huge difference!

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #41 on: 08:48 PM - 01/11/15 »
having a problem running this application. I have the newest ximmanager firmware, and its opening and connecting to my XIM4.. However when I go to turn on my XIM commander it says,

" Failed connting to XIM Commander service!
Make sure XIM4 Manger is running prior to lauching this application"

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:04 PM - 01/11/15 »
Okay so I got a bit further. Re-installed XIM manager, and Im able to get XIM commander to open, but pushing print screen does not "enable" it just stays disabled. Also, nothing shows up for mouse or keyboard in my XIM manager even though I have the belkin cable plugged in.

Offline Pete512

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09:59 PM - 01/11/15 »
You need to make sure to add /commander to the shortcut of xim manager. (right click shortcut click properties)
the target should read like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XIM Technologies\XIM4\XIM4 Manager.exe" /commander

after that, when it runs it should just show the xim logo spinning, now is when you run XIM4 Commander

if you did all that and still nothing, the belkin cable might not have downloaded the driver automatically.
check under device manager > transfer cable devices

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:13 PM - 01/11/15 »
K Ill give that a try.

Ive been using my XIM directly connected to my XB1.

Using commander, the controller will need to wireless connect to XB1 correct?