XIM Community

XIMCommander 20141219 (LATEST)  (Read 43494 times)

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
Re: Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #15 on: 07:13 PM - 12/22/14 »
It works perfectly :-)   Though i feel like its different... maybe the firmware update refined things.... but it feels.... somehow... strange. maybe just in my head.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #16 on: 11:35 PM - 12/22/14 »
It's not about the cycle key. Currently I use the default print key for that. I meant that I can't use the pause key in XIM Manager while in Commander mode.

right, because actually XIMCommander looks for DIK_SYSREQ...this is similar to the pause key and the print screen key...

it would be much better to change the key to something that is unique and not a super special key like PrintScreen

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:18 AM - 12/23/14 »
Okay.  Just curious, what was the error you got?

Some input error, caused commander to not launch.

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:26 AM - 12/23/14 »
Been using it for a couple of days now. Haven't got any ghosting like i did before. Only problem i run across is it will randomly cut out, and i have to hit "print screen" to enable the capture again. Happens 2-3 times per the first 5-10 mins. After that usually runs flawlessly.

Offline Hancoque

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:58 AM - 12/23/14 »
right, because actually XIMCommander looks for DIK_SYSREQ...this is similar to the pause key and the print screen key...

it would be much better to change the key to something that is unique and not a super special key like PrintScreen
If I use F12 as the cycle key, I can bind both the print key and the scroll lock key to a profile but not the pause key.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #20 on: 12:03 PM - 12/23/14 »

If I use F12 as the cycle key, I can bind both the print key and the scroll lock key to a profile but not the pause key.

Aiken will have to respond to this, i presume he is capturing it in the application.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:16 AM - 12/24/14 »
Okay, first, I wasn't thinking, but of course you guys would not have seen my notice in Support that I was taking some time off before xmas.  Sorry to leave you hanging.  I'll probably be doing some more XC work tomorrow after my family and I fill our veins with bacon-flavored cholesterol.

Now, on to some replies...

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:17 AM - 12/24/14 »
Yes, my AHK is downloaded today...
Try the below code it requires a double F6 within 400ms, this is directly from the AHK examples.

I can't get it to work however (in XIMCommander) works outside of it.

Code: [Select]
~F6::
if (A_PriorHotkey <> "~F6" or A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 400)
{
    ; Too much time between presses, so this isn't a double-press.
    KeyWait, F6
    return
}
Send {c down}
Sleep 30
Send {c up}

I made a note to look at this.  I'll come back to it when I'm doing XC stuff tomorrow.  That way I can debug what's actually going through or not.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:19 AM - 12/24/14 »
I'm still getting disconnected randomly.

Here's what my config looks like.

Your config looks fine.  You're using firmware 20141114 for sure?  Check the ABOUT in the menu in Manager.

So what exactly happens when you're disconnected?  That could mean a lot of things.  I need details, please.  :)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:20 AM - 12/24/14 »
"When capture mode is enabled, all inputs are prevented from
being sent to the destop or applications, and are instead converted to XIM4
inputs."

One of the big things I loved about using XIM Commander instead of a KVM was being able to toggle XIM/PC input by pressing ctrl+tab or whatever it was during the XIM3 days. This appears to be prtscr now which is great, but question...

While the XIM3 version of commander was taking in input, I was able to press my Left Control button which is my bind for Team Speak. It sounds like none of these inputs will make it. Is there a way around this to allow that key to go to both the XIM and the PC?

I will give it a shot later, just stuck at work for 8 hours.

Okay, I'll add a feature to ignore certain keys and let them through.  This will be a mid-priority feature, so might take a while, but not too long.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:26 AM - 12/24/14 »
It's not about the cycle key. Currently I use the default print key for that. I meant that I can't use the pause key in XIM Manager while in Commander mode.

Hey, you're right.  It doesn't work.  I'll fix it.  :D

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:30 AM - 12/24/14 »
1.  When trying to setup/bind keys: Click the button on XM you want to bind, it'll designate Listening, then press PrntScrn to stop feeding into the computer and start feeding into XM.  However, this usually causes multiple signals of PrntScrn to be sent to the XM, causing XM to believe PRNT Scrn is the key you want to bind.  I tried Holding down another key while doing so, and this sometimes works, but I think if priority is given to PRNTSCRN and not say "up arrow", then PRNTSCRN is bound to the PS button instead.  It may be better/easier instead of PRNTSCRN to start listening to have a series of dropdown options for each button to bind instead of a listen and bind series.  IE, what button to bind for "x" button, click and find the key on a dropdown menu.

Are you using this version?

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=35687.msg483148#msg483148

That should be fixed in it.

Let me know if you're using that and it still happens.

2.  I'm still getting the Y+ axis turning into Y- axis, but I may be running the previous version, I'll have to double check.  (thrustmaster T1500)

Also sounds like you're using the older version.  Double-check that you're using the one linked above.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01:11 AM - 12/24/14 »
Okay.  Just curious, what was the error you got?

Some input error, caused commander to not launch.

Was it a problem with xinput1_3.dll?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01:12 AM - 12/24/14 »
Been using it for a couple of days now. Haven't got any ghosting like i did before. Only problem i run across is it will randomly cut out, and i have to hit "print screen" to enable the capture again. Happens 2-3 times per the first 5-10 mins. After that usually runs flawlessly.

Do you have the timeout in the .ini file set to 0?  That might help if not.

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:55 AM - 12/24/14 »
"When capture mode is enabled, all inputs are prevented from
being sent to the destop or applications, and are instead converted to XIM4
inputs."

One of the big things I loved about using XIM Commander instead of a KVM was being able to toggle XIM/PC input by pressing ctrl+tab or whatever it was during the XIM3 days. This appears to be prtscr now which is great, but question...

While the XIM3 version of commander was taking in input, I was able to press my Left Control button which is my bind for Team Speak. It sounds like none of these inputs will make it. Is there a way around this to allow that key to go to both the XIM and the PC?

I will give it a shot later, just stuck at work for 8 hours.

Okay, I'll add a feature to ignore certain keys and let them through.  This will be a mid-priority feature, so might take a while, but not too long.

All set, it looks like the ctrl key is still recognized in ts even with commander running. Perfect!