XIM Community

XIMCommander 20141219 (LATEST)  (Read 43496 times)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
XIMCommander 20141219 (LATEST)
« on: 12:14 AM - 12/20/14 »
Quick update for anyone using a joystick and finding they spin in place.  This is just the 1218 version again, really, but with the second analog stick on joysticks disabled.  Everyone should grab this version except people who have a joystick (note: not controller/gamepad/nav, just joysticks) with a second analog stick that they are using.

As always, let's do this before the link:

GIGANTIC CAVEAT

This is not yet production-quality software.  It IS possible for it to leave your system in a mode where inputs are blocked to your desktop/apps, but the XC app is dead and unable to turn the mode off.  This is resolved after a reboot, mind you.  There are two safeguards against this, but still, they might fail.

Just beware that editing sensitive documents should be mutually exclusive with using XIM Commander.  Okay?

ALSO

Please make sure you read through this thread and the documentation in the package.  Okay?

http://cloud.xim4.com/Alpha/XIM4Commander-20141219-Alpha.zip
« Last Edit: 07:28 PM - 12/28/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Re: Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #1 on: 03:09 AM - 12/20/14 »
Quick update for anyone using a joystick and finding they spin in place.  This is just the 1218 version again, really, but with the second analog stick on joysticks disabled.  Everyone should grab this version except people who have a joystick (note: not controller/gamepad/nav, just joysticks) with a second analog stick that they are using.

This has the new documentation for the .ini which i'm happy to see! awesome work Aiken.

So far I can't get this to actually work without locked up my XIM 100%...and requiring an Xbox One reboot to fix it...

Tomorrow i'll debug and report back.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:11 PM - 12/20/14 »
@Aiken: AHK isn't being detected on Send...isn't this suppose to be a feature for disabled gamers?

Yes, but XC is effectively a DirectInput game, from AHK's point of view.  You need to write your scripts in the same manner as with pure DI games, which means you have to use sufficient delays and durations.  Also, it's useful to add the {blind} prefix to the output, so that AHK won't diddle with any modifier keys you have held down.

For instance, if I want to auto-teabag someone (XIM TECHNOLOGIES DOES NOT CONDONE TEABAGGING), and if my crouch key is set to 'c', I could use this script to fire it off with F6:

Code: [Select]
F6::
SetKeyDelay,300,50
send {blind}cccccccc
return

Note that the first value in SetKeyDelay is the delay (ms) between keypresses, and the second is the length of the press.  So that script will send eight 'c' presses, 50ms each, 300ms apart, and because of the {blind} modifier, it won't screw me up if I'm using, say, shift for ADS.

The reason why it doesn't work by default is that the delays and durations are tiny by default, but games are often sampling your inputs for an instant every 1/30th of a second, or less, so you have to have the virtual keys held long enough to be seen.

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:30 PM - 12/20/14 »
thanks for that info aiken, i was about to write my capture card ahk script now, your post came just in time to save me some work :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:23 PM - 12/20/14 »
@Aiken: AHK isn't being detected on Send...isn't this suppose to be a feature for disabled gamers?

Yes, but XC is effectively a DirectInput game, from AHK's point of view.  You need to write your scripts in the same manner as with pure DI games, which means you have to use sufficient delays and durations.  Also, it's useful to add the {blind} prefix to the output, so that AHK won't diddle with any modifier keys you have held down.

For instance, if I want to auto-teabag someone (XIM TECHNOLOGIES DOES NOT CONDONE TEABAGGING), and if my crouch key is set to 'c', I could use this script to fire it off with F6:

SetKeyDelay,300,50
send {blind}cccccccc
return

Note that the first value in SetKeyDelay is the delay (ms) between keypresses, and the second is the length of the press.  So that script will send eight 'c' presses, 50ms each, 300ms apart, and because of the {blind} modifier, it won't screw me up if I'm using, say, shift for ADS.

The reason why it doesn't work by default is that the delays and durations are tiny by default, but games are often sampling your inputs for an instant every 1/30th of a second, or less, so you have to have the virtual keys held long enough to be seen.

That actually wasn't working for me:
Send {s down}
Sleep(30)
Send {s up}

Didn't work for me...I'll mess around some more, I can inject into your process if you'd prefer.

Real Code:
~Right::
if (A_PriorHotkey <> "~Right" or A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 400)
{
    ; Too much time between presses, so this isn't a double-press.
    KeyWait, Right
    return
}
MsgBox "hello"
this will never pop up a message box saying "hello"
« Last Edit: 03:50 PM - 12/20/14 by abc123 »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:35 PM - 12/20/14 »
The "cccccccc" code I pasted was directly from an example script I wrote and tested in Destiny before posting.  It ought to work for you as well.  Is your AHK current?

Also, using your code instead:

Send {s down}
Sleep(30)
Send {s up}
return

Produces a syntax error because Sleep is not supposed to have parens.  This slight modification works for me with my crouch key in Destiny:

Send {c down}
Sleep 30
Send {c up}
return

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:58 PM - 12/20/14 »
Yes, my AHK is downloaded today...
Try the below code it requires a double F6 within 400ms, this is directly from the AHK examples.

I can't get it to work however (in XIMCommander) works outside of it.

~F6::
if (A_PriorHotkey <> "~F6" or A_TimeSincePriorHotkey > 400)
{
    ; Too much time between presses, so this isn't a double-press.
    KeyWait, F6
    return
}
Send {c down}
Sleep 30
Send {c up}

Offline matthewrulz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:38 PM - 12/20/14 »
I'm still getting disconnected randomly.

Here's what my config looks like.

; XIM4 Commander configuration.  Don't add or delete anything.  Just edit the key for now.  Okay?
; See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee418641(v=vs.85).aspx for crappy documentation of DIK_* codes.

[Hotkeys]
Cycle=DIK_SYSRQ

[Filter]
Enable=1
; Note that Timeout can be set to 0 to disable the timeout safeguard
Timeout=0

Offline kyle03

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:15 AM - 12/22/14 »
Make sure your PC doesn't reboot because of windows updates when using this, you end up pointing to the ground and spinning around in circles haha

Offline ozzie20

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:17 AM - 12/22/14 »
Just some feedback on XC:

1.  When trying to setup/bind keys: Click the button on XM you want to bind, it'll designate Listening, then press PrntScrn to stop feeding into the computer and start feeding into XM.  However, this usually causes multiple signals of PrntScrn to be sent to the XM, causing XM to believe PRNT Scrn is the key you want to bind.  I tried Holding down another key while doing so, and this sometimes works, but I think if priority is given to PRNTSCRN and not say "up arrow", then PRNTSCRN is bound to the PS button instead.  It may be better/easier instead of PRNTSCRN to start listening to have a series of dropdown options for each button to bind instead of a listen and bind series.  IE, what button to bind for "x" button, click and find the key on a dropdown menu.

2.  I'm still getting the Y+ axis turning into Y- axis, but I may be running the previous version, I'll have to double check.  (thrustmaster T1500)

Offline Hancoque

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:30 AM - 12/22/14 »
By the way, I can't use the pause key. It doesn't work when preset in a game profile and it doesn't work to bind that key to a new button. Pressing the key just doesn't seem to be recognized at all by the XIM software.

Offline Atlasprime

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:12 AM - 12/22/14 »
"When capture mode is enabled, all inputs are prevented from
being sent to the destop or applications, and are instead converted to XIM4
inputs."

One of the big things I loved about using XIM Commander instead of a KVM was being able to toggle XIM/PC input by pressing ctrl+tab or whatever it was during the XIM3 days. This appears to be prtscr now which is great, but question...

While the XIM3 version of commander was taking in input, I was able to press my Left Control button which is my bind for Team Speak. It sounds like none of these inputs will make it. Is there a way around this to allow that key to go to both the XIM and the PC?

I will give it a shot later, just stuck at work for 8 hours.

Offline Verkaa

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Verkar
« Reply #12 on: 10:07 AM - 12/22/14 »
Cheers Aiken works a treat for me, I do have the occasional random disconnects but I have my PrintScreen bound to one of my Macro keys on my K95 so it is pretty much instantly back into the game anyway.

Cheers for the hard work :)

Suggestion:
Not sure if it was added to the feature list but turn assist like the Xim Edge had would be an awesome feature (I don't play battlefield or anything anymore, but for the other players that would be a nice feature for them to have)
« Last Edit: 10:12 AM - 12/22/14 by Verkaa »
27" Acer XB270HU 144hz IPS G-Sync <3
24" BenQ XL2411T 144hz & 24" BenQ GL2450
XIM Edge & Xim 4
Logitech G502 @ 800DPI
Corsair K95 RGB & Razer BlackWidow
Sennheiser G4ME ONE + SB Z Optical In
ASUS G75VW (Laptop)
XBox 360, XBone, PS3
Elgato Game Capture HD
PC: i7 4770k, 32gb RAM, eVGA 780ti, 3 SSDs
Belkin F4U070 Transfer Cable (XIM Commander)

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:15 AM - 12/22/14 »
By the way, I can't use the pause key. It doesn't work when preset in a game profile and it doesn't work to bind that key to a new button. Pressing the key just doesn't seem to be recognized at all by the XIM software.

basically just update the .ini file:

; XIM4 Commander configuration.  Don't add or delete anything.  Just edit the key for now.  Okay?
; See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee418641(v=vs.85).aspx for crappy documentation of DIK_* codes.

[Hotkeys]
Cycle=DIK_F12

[Filter]
Enable=1
; Note that Timeout can be set to 0 to disable the timeout safeguard
Timeout=0

The above config .ini will make this F12

Offline Hancoque

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:48 PM - 12/22/14 »
It's not about the cycle key. Currently I use the default print key for that. I meant that I can't use the pause key in XIM Manager while in Commander mode.

Admin