XIM Community

XIM Manager not recognizing key inputs  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Enz0wn

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Enz0wn
XIM Manager not recognizing key inputs
« on: 02:07 PM - 12/28/14 »
So I'm trying to rebind some of my keys in my Halo MCC config, but none of the keystrokes are being recognized. I can play the game with my KB&M just fine, I just don't like some of the default bindings in the configs provided. Every time I click on a control, it just stays at "Listening...", it never sees any of my new key strokes. It also doesn't recognize the two side-buttons on my mouse.

I'm using a Corsair K70 RGB and Razer Deathadder 2012 edition. Also, I have a USB Transfer Cable and am using XIM Commander to use the keyboard as well, and both my XIM and XIM Manager are using the latest firmware.

EDIT: I checked XIM Manager and noticed the two boxes where the mouse and KB are supposed to be aren't showing the KB&M icons. I tried plugging them into the XIM, but it won't let me use my mouse when I do (even when pressing P during the rainbow sequence). So, I tried putting the USB Transfer Cable in port 1, and the KB in port two. XIM Manager recognizes the KB now, but still doesn't take inputs when I try to rebind. It still stays at "Listening..."
« Last Edit: 07:26 PM - 12/28/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: XIM Manager not recognizing key inputs
« Reply #1 on: 03:58 PM - 12/28/14 »
I'm using a Corsair K70 RGB and Razer Deathadder 2012 edition. Also, I have a USB Transfer Cable and am using XIM Commander to use the keyboard as well, and both my XIM and XIM Manager are using the latest firmware.

I'm not clear; are your keyboard and mouse attached to your PC or your XIM4?

Offline Enz0wn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:05 PM - 12/28/14 »

I'm not clear; are your keyboard and mouse attached to your PC or your XIM4?

Sorry for being unclear. I've tried both actually. To get the XIM to actually work as normal, I have the Transfer Cable plugged into Port 1, the XB1 Controller plugged into Port 3, and the standard USB cable running from the XIM to the back of the XB1. Everything works fine with XIM Commander (which is fantastic by the way, great job on that), but obviously, XIM Manager doesn't see a mouse and keyboard plugged in...it just shows the two empty boxes in the main HUD. I tried plugging in the mouse and keyboard into ports 1 and 2, plugging in the main USB cable from the C port into the PC, then pressing the P button during rainbow sequence once I plugged in the USB cable. It wouldn't let me use my mouse. So, I have no idea how to get XIM Manager to recognize my inputs, both from my mouse or keyboard. I say both mouse and keyboard because it doesn't recognize the side buttons on my mouse either.

I hope that's a bit more clear. Please let me know if I'm still confusing.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:43 PM - 12/28/14 »
Well, if you're using XIM4 Commander, you would normally have your peripherals plugged into your PC.  Your XIM4 would be plugged into your console via port 'C' as usual, the controller in port 3, and the transfer cable in port 2 (connected to the PC at the other end).  Then, once Manager and Commander are running and talking to each other, simply switch in and out of input capture/relay mode as needed.  Are you saying that mode is not working?

Also, any peripheral attached to the PC will not show up in Manager.  The icons in Manager are only for peripherals directly connected to the XIM4 USB ports.

Offline Enz0wn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:46 PM - 12/28/14 »
Well, if you're using XIM4 Commander, you would normally have your peripherals plugged into your PC.  Your XIM4 would be plugged into your console via port 'C' as usual, the controller in port 3, and the transfer cable in port 2 (connected to the PC at the other end).  Then, once Manager and Commander are running and talking to each other, simply switch in and out of input capture/relay mode as needed.  Are you saying that mode is not working?

That's exactly what I do, and it DOES work. I load up a config and I can play the game with my KB&M as normal. But, when I try to change some key bindings, it doesn't register any keystrokes or mouse clicks. I click a button, and it just stays at "Listening..." but no inputs register.

I've tried plugging the KB&M into the XIM in ports one and two, but when I do that, it won't let me use the mouse on my PC anymore...

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM Manager not recognizing key inputs
« Reply #5 on: 06:10 PM - 12/28/14 »
I'm not familiar with the latest with Commander, but, I believe you have to switch to capture mode after you put it into "Listening...". Aiken will need to verify.

As Commander is still in Beta, I'll move this over to the Commander board.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Enz0wn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:30 PM - 12/28/14 »
I'm not familiar with the latest with Commander, but, I believe you have to switch to capture mode after you put it into "Listening...". Aiken will need to verify.

As Commander is still in Beta, I'll move this over to the Commander board.

Good grief, you're right...that fixed it. I can now rebind all my keys. Thank you so much!

There's one last issue I seem to be having now...I'm trying to set my F1-F5 keys to be used as hot keys for each config of the 5 games in MCC. I have them set, but when I try to switch them (even when in capture mode) nothing happens. The keystrokes are registering because I can see them pop up in the HUD, but the configs aren't switching. Quick-switching configs is the purpose of these hotkeys, right?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:24 PM - 12/28/14 »
Oh oops, I'm sorry I didn't realize that right away, I could have helped you immediately.  Yeah, XIM4 Manager only knows about what XIM4 sees.  XC basically pretends to be one of the peripherals attached to XIM4, so your PC inputs have to be sent by XC to through to XIM4 before being XIM4 can tell Manager they were activated.

I'll make a note to document this better.  :)

Offline Enz0wn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:40 PM - 12/28/14 »
Oh oops, I'm sorry I didn't realize that right away, I could have helped you immediately.  Yeah, XIM4 Manager only knows about what XIM4 sees.  XC basically pretends to be one of the peripherals attached to XIM4, so your PC inputs have to be sent by XC to through to XIM4 before being XIM4 can tell Manager they were activated.

I'll make a note to document this better.  :)

Thanks Aiken! Any idea about the hot key issue? :)

(Aiken Edit: Fixed quote tags.)
« Last Edit: 08:14 PM - 12/28/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:17 PM - 12/28/14 »
Thanks Aiken! Any idea about the hot key issue? :)

Ah yes, I meant to cover that.  The issue is that Manager prevents XIM4 from switching configs while it is open, which is, I believe, a precaution against Manager and XIM4 getting their notions of the current settings out of sync.  However, the requirement that Manager be open in order for XC to work has created a bit of a conflict there, for sure.  I need to talk to OBsIV about what we can do.  Perhaps XIM4 could allow hotkeys when Manager is only in view mode, not edit mode.  We'll see what he thinks.