XIM Community

My G502 Melted. What now? Anybody deal with Logitech CS before? UPDATE  (Read 4216 times)

Offline loogie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ca5u41ty
So i was playing on the wonderful XIM4 today and my mouse started getting oddly hot. Nothing I am not used to, so i figured it was me. Before we get into it, No, I do not live on the sun and No, I do not game under a magnifying glass.

All of a sudden, the XIM starts flashing red and green which after some research, means the voltage got jacked and it protected itself. I confirmed this within XIM Manager. I thought...hmmm. Thats odd. I one by one replaced all of the components  and they registered within the XIM Manager but the mouse kept setting it off, and the lights on the mouse no longer even came on! I put the mouse on my computer and let it sit there, thinking windows drivers were going to kick in. Instead I got a "usb is not recognized" sound and notification and the smell of burning electronics. My G502 fried itself and now i have no G502. :(

My question for you guys, is have you ever dealt with Logitech support? I got this mouse from Amazon in October when my G500 stopped working(this should have been a sign) and I cannot go through them for the warranty. Am i better off just getting another mouse? Has anybody had luck with logitech support? Thier website is shotty at best, so i have no faith.

UPDATE: 12/27/14: I just got off the phone with logitech customer support. They were actually extremely helpful. I just needed to send them a pic of the mouse, the cord, and the receipt. All were accomplished while on the phone with them to assure they got everything and there were no delays. Per Kathy, you do not need to send the defective item back(i did need a new mouse cord for my G500) and I should have the mouse within 5-7 business days. Per Chad below, perhaps even by Wednesday of this week if they do come through in 3 days. Will update on timeframes and if i encounter any issues....
« Last Edit: 11:46 AM - 12/27/14 by loogie »

Offline azzuri09

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: nerazzuri09
damm you couldnt have talked about this at a worse time,cause i just got myself g502 and was super excited about it,but now i am scared.

Offline loogie

• View Profile
I wouldnt worry too much. Seems to be a pretty isolated incident involving only me from what I've been reading. I am trying to track down another 502 without having to pay the full 80 dollar price in the event Logitech doesnt pull through with thier warranty. I have never trusted warranty services and from the poor experience trying to use thier website to set up a warranty claim, this notion holds true. I am having the worst time ever even submitting a form without the page logging me out or having to re-register the mouse.

Offline chad20

• View Profile
Logitech is great to deal with. My g502 stopped tracking so I called tech support. The guy had me check a couple things, then I sent a picture of the mouse and the next day I got an email saying my new mouse was on its way. I was kind of surprised they didn't want mine back.

Offline loogie

• View Profile
You sir, are seriously making my day. I feel like a damned peasant playing with my G500 and its a relief to know that hopefully i wont be left in the dark. The g502 is Just that good. What steps did you take? Did you call the main hotline or submit  ticket on the website?

Offline chad20

• View Profile
Yeah I went back to my g600 but was used to the g502 so I went and bought a new 502 not thinking they would do anything about my broken mouse. I was very surprised how easy it was. I called the support line. Like I said he had me plug it in on my computer and check some stuff out just to make sure it was broken and then walked me through the steps to place a claim. I didn't even have a receipt.  They said it would take 5-7 days for shipping but I got it in 3.

Offline loogie

• View Profile
I appreciate the reassurance. I hate how used to one mouse you can get. I changed back to my G500, which i was awesome with and all of a sudden i felt like a christmas noob. It was terrible! Very cool to know you had a good experience. Ill be giving them a call tomorrow about it. I will be keeping this thread open with updates just in the event anybody does have issues in the future and with the hopes they treat my situation as well as they treated yours.

I was about to press purchase on Amazon before you replied. I feel like one of those sad puppies in the ASPCA commercials. My wallet thanks you!

Offline chad20

• View Profile
Yeah wish I would have known but now I have a backup.

Offline loogie

• View Profile
UPDATE: 1/7/2014:

My mouse has been confirmed and in route to home. This has all been done free of charge from Logitech, just using their customer care line. If anybody has any questions about how to fix and get replacements from Logitech, i finally have an experience that applies. Total turn time, 2 weeks from first call to mouse at my doorstep.

When i get home i will report the quality of what i can only be assumed is a refurbed G502

Offline chad20

• View Profile
My case took less than a week and I couldn't see any signs of being a refurbished mouse. Glad they are talking care of it for you.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
Where did you buy you 502 op?
BFH

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
Logitech support has been good in the past for me. They always sent a brand new mouse or keyboard swiftly and I never had to send in the faulty product. I imagine they've been abused by this, unless they've changed their ways.

Offline loogie

• View Profile
Where did you buy you 502 op?

I got it in Early October of 2014 from Amazon after my dog chewed up my G500. Unbeknownst to myself, I could have easily bought a replacement USB cable for the G500. Glad I didnt do my research about repairing USB cords and bought the G502.

My case took less than a week and I couldn't see any signs of being a refurbished mouse. Glad they are talking care of it for you.

I just got my mouse today. Opened the box and my god, brand new, in box, G502. I was stunned. No refurbished parts, no loose mouse just sitting in a large box, an actual factory shipped product, free of charge. Very happy with my experience. Shipping took 3 days as i got the email my order shipped on the 3rd of Jan. The overall "processing" took all last week from the 12/27/14-01/3/15 which I guess can be expected.

From this experience alone, I feel more people should hop on the G502 and Logitech bandwagon.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Wait wait. There is completely fully functional G502 chassis somewhere sitting alone and useless now???

Offline chad20

• View Profile
You can have mine if you want it.

Admin