XIM Community

Overwatch Speculation and preparation: Dual-Zone control  (Read 4741 times)

Offline Seatech

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GODSBAN3
Re: Overwatch Speculation and preparation: Dual-Zone control
« Reply #15 on: 06:19 PM - 10/11/16 »
I think the aiming feels ok with the old controller setup. It feels like a tiny bit odd but not something that couldnt be adjusted too. Now with the new settings....holy @#$%. It feels like your playing on 100 sensitivity with the jitters. Like I just did a bunch of cocaine and trying to snipe.

Offline hydr0stat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:03 PM - 10/11/16 »
Are you two using the old aiming system in your in-game settings? This should be what the current ST supports.

It does not support it, you cannot move diagonally with the mouse in any way without your sensitivity automatically being reduced by 75%. I believe this was purposely done by Blizzard to counteract the XIM 4/other third party hardware.

rawr123

« Reply #17 on: 07:20 PM - 10/11/16 »
The old controls were definitely changed in some way. Not the same as before. (Using exponential ramp)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:20 PM - 10/11/16 »
Oh so the old setting feels the same? Someone said diagonals are slower now, what do you think?

it does not feel the same
vertical movements are much slower now than horizontals which makes diagonal movements feel really off
also there is a velocity jump near the higher movements now that hasnt been there before

needs a re-train i guess :/
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

rawr123

« Reply #19 on: 07:37 PM - 10/11/16 »
Anyone find a ST that works better than the Overwatch ST right now?

Offline LoisEinhorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:58 PM - 10/11/16 »
I've gone and used both settings to see if it was the aiming mode. It isn't.  I was showing a friend how it was off earlier. Left, right, up, and down work exactly the same. When you start moving diagonally, that's where the weird slow down comes into play. I can do roughly like 150degree turns ordinarily. When I was showing my friend the left to right and vertical, everything felt exactly as it did. The second you aim diagonally. Bam. Change. The cursor moved maybe in a 50degree arc at most it felt like. I can go on twitch and show you what I mean if need be?

Offline Mouse N Keybord

• MVP
  • Got XIM?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mouse N Keybord
« Reply #21 on: 10:46 PM - 10/11/16 »
Crazy slow down. Making Tracer hard to play now. Top 500 is going to be ruff... :'(
Watch me on Twitch.tv: http://twitch.tv/TeamXIM
TeamXIM Schedule: http://www.tinyurl.com/ximsched

Offline liter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:44 AM - 10/12/16 »
I suggest that we close this topic and move to the other one (http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=49538.0) so we can compile our findings more easily.
PS4 | FW: XIM4Flash-20160624-STEADYAIM1.exe | M: G502 Proteus Spectrum | K: Ewent EW3102 numpad | Overwatch & BF1

Offline arthred

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:20 AM - 10/12/16 »
Are you two using the old aiming system in your in-game settings? This should be what the current ST supports.

I'm noticing a change even in exponential ramp too. It feels worse :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Size

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:39 AM - 10/12/16 »
It definitely feels worse, I was finally hitting my stride and gaining so many points as Mcree and now this update has set me back. We just have to be patient and wait for a new ST. But, I agree with everyone who says there is a difference because there is. Those who have been perfecting their aim and settings to get the max out of their XIM4 can definitely tell. Can't wait till this is fixed, blizzard screwed us on this one lol.

Offline MohJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:15 AM - 10/12/16 »
Blizzard is brand new both to FPS games and console games. When you combine these two facts together, it makes a huge mess. Just google Overwatch console aim and see how many people who use controllers are complaining about the aim in this game. No offense to Blizzard, they've made some great games on PC, but they need to hire a team who has experience in console FPS games.

Offline ReGlitch3D

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ReGlitch3D
« Reply #26 on: 07:27 AM - 10/13/16 »
The "old"  option has changed aswell and is very hard to aim with the xim4.

We can no longer play overwatch until a new patch for the xim comes out, for the new "old" aiming scheme