XIM Community

Using xim on pc?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline king_bugsy

• View Profile
Using xim on pc?
« on: 02:52 PM - 12/25/14 »
I have read a few older posts which say it is possible to use xim on pc, but I am having trouble setting it up. It feels weird for me playing on my old pc settings now and it would be a lot easier if I could use the same settings when playing on pc and console. I just tried connecting my 360 controller to my xim and connecting the xim usb cable to my pc, I set up a new 360 config then enabled gamepad in advanced warfare but it didn't work. Not really sure what else to try or if I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Using xim on pc?
« Reply #1 on: 06:43 PM - 12/25/14 »
That's should all you need to do. Do you see a "Gamepad" show up in control panel for gaming devices?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline king_bugsy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:09 PM - 12/25/14 »
Yep, it shows all devices connected in xim manager.

http://imgur.com/tSmXcFm

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #3 on: 09:35 PM - 12/25/14 »
I have read a few older posts which say it is possible to use xim on pc, but I am having trouble setting it up. It feels weird for me playing on my old pc settings now and it would be a lot easier if I could use the same settings when playing on pc and console. I just tried connecting my 360 controller to my xim and connecting the xim usb cable to my pc, I set up a new 360 config then enabled gamepad in advanced warfare but it didn't work. Not really sure what else to try or if I am doing something wrong. Can anyone help?
I have a lot of experience with this, and there's a specific order of plugging things in to make it work.

1. Disconnect the XIM and controller from your PC.

2. Make sure all games are closed and you are on the Windows desktop.

3. Plug in your 360 controller directly to the PC. Do not plug in the XIM.

4. Wait until the PC recognizes the controller. You will know it's working when the "Player 1" light illuminates on the controller.

5. Leave the controller plugged in, and launch your game.

6. In game, enable game pad. Make sure you are able to navigate the menus with the controller.

7. Once it's working, unplug the controller and plug it into the XIM. Plug the XIM into the PC.

8. The game should now recognize the XIM as the XBOX controller.

Now, you only have to do this the first time you use the XIM on each game. It's not the XIM causing the issue, it's the game not detecting the controller.

Offline king_bugsy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:39 PM - 12/25/14 »
That did the trick. Took me a few tries to get the timing right but its working perfectly now. Thanks for taking the time to type that and happy holidays :)

Offline king_bugsy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:24 PM - 12/27/14 »
Still having some problems with this. Each time I restart my computer or use xim manager I have to repeat this process and it takes me at least 5 times to get it to work. Usually I plug the controller into my pc then start the game and make sure its working, then I connect the controller to my xim and connect my xim to my pc, after that it usually does nothing for about 30 seconds then my pc will say usb device not recognized and I have to try again. I have tried 5 or 6 times today and can't get it to connect at all.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #6 on: 07:32 PM - 12/27/14 »
Still having some problems with this. Each time I restart my computer or use xim manager I have to repeat this process and it takes me at least 5 times to get it to work. Usually I plug the controller into my pc then start the game and make sure its working, then I connect the controller to my xim and connect my xim to my pc, after that it usually does nothing for about 30 seconds then my pc will say usb device not recognized and I have to try again. I have tried 5 or 6 times today and can't get it to connect at all.

Hmm, something is flakey. Try different (front/back) USB ports on your PC. I never have to redo the process, unless I'm playing a new game for the first time.

Offline jesusrojas712

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: n/a
  • PSN ID: n/a
« Reply #7 on: 04:56 PM - 08/01/17 »
I have a lot of experience with this, and there's a specific order of plugging things in to make it work.

1. Disconnect the XIM and controller from your PC.

2. Make sure all games are closed and you are on the Windows desktop.

3. Plug in your 360 controller directly to the PC. Do not plug in the XIM.

4. Wait until the PC recognizes the controller. You will know it's working when the "Player 1" light illuminates on the controller.

5. Leave the controller plugged in, and launch your game.

6. In game, enable game pad. Make sure you are able to navigate the menus with the controller.

7. Once it's working, unplug the controller and plug it into the XIM. Plug the XIM into the PC.

8. The game should now recognize the XIM as the XBOX controller.

Now, you only have to do this the first time you use the XIM on each game. It's not the XIM causing the issue, it's the game not detecting the controller.
  hey i need help
!!!