XIM Community

[Q/A] Flashing red light on XIM when moving mouse?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Titan

• View Profile
I recently got a G502 and have noticed a red flashing light on my xim when I barely move my mouse. I was using the hip sensitivity 400.70 and ADS 64.14 along with the dpi of 12,000. After looking it up, I think I read that those red flashing lights on the xim means it can't recreate the sensitivity or something like that. Can anyone tell me what it means?
« Last Edit: 01:23 PM - 12/25/14 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Flashing red light on XIM when moving mouse?
« Reply #1 on: 12:09 PM - 12/24/14 »
The red light means you are exceeding the maximum turn speed of the game. At 12,000dpi, you should have a XIM sensitivity in the teens (or less) for most games.

Did you remember to turn up your in-game sensitivity to maximum?

Or, are you a high sensitivity player? Typically high sensitivity players flick their mouse rapidly to turn which you can't do on console shooters.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Titan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:06 PM - 12/24/14 »
The red light means you are exceeding the maximum turn speed of the game. At 12,000dpi, you should have a XIM sensitivity in the teens (or less) for most games.

Did you remember to turn up your in-game sensitivity to maximum?

Or, are you a high sensitivity player? Typically high sensitivity players flick their mouse rapidly to turn which you can't do on console shooters.

I'm a very high sensitivity player. However, I feel like the sensitivity is still getting higher when I adjust it rather than bottlenecking at a certain point. What exactly happens when it is exceeding the maximum turn speed?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 04:19 PM - 12/24/14 »
The light is there to tell you that you've exceeded maximum turn speed (meaning, the controller's stick is "pegged" and cannot move any faster).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Titan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:57 PM - 12/24/14 »
The light is there to tell you that you've exceeded maximum turn speed (meaning, the controller's stick is "pegged" and cannot move any faster).

Weird suggestion, but I used to do this thing that allowed me to get 11 sensitivity on MW2. It was through HEX editing (I believe this is a video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C1nvYhAB8k) Would this have any benefit towards xim high sensitivity users?

Admin