XIM Community

Getting XIM4 soon... will I improve my console FPS?  (Read 4595 times)

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
So, I found out I'm getting an XIM4 for Christmas.  Dad emailed me because some how he managed to find this, remembered I "always had trouble with PS4 games because I'm used to a mouse" anyways, he asked me to make sure this was a good buy and it really does look amazing! 

I'm pretty into PC gaming and always use a kb/m and get on ps4 to play with friends, always do really bad and I guess it's just cause I never really got a controller like... really it's so limiting, my friends don't understand when I tell them a mouse is much more precise.  Anyways, do you think with this I can manage to stay away from the bottom of the leader boards?  I'm pretty decent at FPS on computers but not so much console.  I've heard people really up their skill after the XIM4 because you will be more precise and "in your element" plus the aim assist with console.

Anyways, really excited about getting this XIM4 and having a chance to stop coming in last!  Has anyone else seen improvement and if so how much?  How long did it take? 

Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Getting XIM4 soon... will I improve my console FPS?
« Reply #1 on: 12:04 AM - 12/20/14 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, I can tell from personal experience and others on this forum that your stats will go up. But, one thing to remember is to "restrain" yourself when you start. It's common to want to rush in and get way more aggressive when your aiming ability increases so much. If you keep that in mind, you'll do great. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:28 AM - 12/20/14 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, I can tell from personal experience and others on this forum that your stats will go up. But, one thing to remember is to "restrain" yourself when you start. It's common to want to rush in and get way more aggressive when your aiming ability increases so much. If you keep that in mind, you'll do great. :)

Alright, will watch that! haha I have experience, got a new mouse recently and got a little aggressive.  Started to play normally and found it was working really good :)

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:33 AM - 12/20/14 »
If you are used to a mouse as your input of choice then yes you should improve but its no miracle cure.

XIM4 is a great input translator and the support from the team is #1.

What mouse did you pick up and what console you playing on?

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:55 AM - 12/20/14 »
I'm playing on PS4 and I have a Logitech G502.

I'm aware it's not a miracle worker but I do have a interesting question... say there is a 8/10 kb/m player and a 8/10 skilled controller player, in a match who would win?  I feel the kb/m is superior to the controller but with enough practice could a controller be just as good?  I guess what I'm trying to say is there a peak where kb/m and controller are equally good?

Anyways, I'm sure if XIM4 makes it feel like PC it will help a lot!

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:18 AM - 12/20/14 »
They would be roughly the same as they are both 8/10 XD.

The question gets asked alot but my opinion is that if you master a set controller/input device then it doesn't matter what you use. The rest is game knowledge and awareness.

I would say that a player using a mouse would have better accuracy at longer ranges due to more micro movement precision but with aim assist etc in console gaming that could well be countered.

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:37 PM - 12/20/14 »
lol yea, worded pretty badly, I agree with you though.  I still feel like kb/m would have a slight edge.  I've spectated some of my friends before, they are pretty good too... anyways it seems like its a struggle for them to keep on target.  The aim assist helps though, you're right.  Ah, I don't even remember the first time with a controller, I just remember I've never been too good with them, probably because I grew up on PC.  lol, friends still call me crazy saying a mouse is better for games, when a controller was designed specifically for games.  Guess we'll see who's really crazy haha

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #7 on: 05:29 PM - 12/20/14 »
Let's face it. Most of us (if not all of us) are here for one reason: we suck with controllers. Haha. That being said, the XIM team has been around for a long time. If you count the XIM Edge, the XIM 4 is actually their FIFTH device. They've had a few go-rounds with this, and if it wasn't a quality product, it wouldn't keep selling out. ;)

I started during the XIM2 days (back when you had to run your mouse through the PC), and I'm still here. Why? It's the best mouse/keyboard translator available, period. As for stats? Depends on your play style. Naturally, you'll initially try to be a lot more aggressive. I remember doing the same thing, on MW2. I thought I was going to have God mode, or something. But reality set in, and I quickly realized that everyone has this little thing called aim assist. Once you find your style, you'll be dominating in no time. COD4 and MW2 before XIM: 1.1 KD Ratio. After XIM, MW2 went up to a 2.5. Now days, I average between 2.5 and 3.5 KD in most FPS games.

It's a nifty product, and definitely something I cannot live without. Hope you enjoy it.

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:34 PM - 12/20/14 »
This is completely true!!! I found myself rushing in to my death when I got "comfortable" with the XIM3. I still find myself having to restrain myself with the XIM4 as well. You will love it man I can't game any other way now haha. Just be patient with those fights and you will see your ability increase a lot.
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:46 PM - 12/20/14 »
lol thanks!  I like how there's a community for this + the fact that is seems like a great community!

I'm currently playing an old COD on PC in preparation lol but if what you say is true I don't think I'll need that much, if it really does make it feel exactly like PC I should be good!

btw anyone know when this captcha like thing for posting will go away :p ?

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #10 on: 11:41 PM - 12/20/14 »
lol thanks!  I like how there's a community for this + the fact that is seems like a great community!

I'm currently playing an old COD on PC in preparation lol but if what you say is true I don't think I'll need that much, if it really does make it feel exactly like PC I should be good!

It's not 100% PC feel, because it's limited to the controller turn speeds @ maximum in game sensitivity. COD is pretty fast, though.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:39 AM - 12/21/14 »
You'll definitely improve, just don't expect it to make you godlike or anything.

I think alot of people get the xim thinking it's going to make them dominate on console with ease or act like a cheat of some sort, then they get disappointed and blame the product.

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:14 PM - 12/21/14 »

It's not 100% PC feel, because it's limited to the controller turn speeds @ maximum in game sensitivity. COD is pretty fast, though.

lol tell me about it, even with a controller I like high sensitivity.  First time I got on destiny, felt like the matrix.  Turned it up to 10 and it felt like low settings still ah oh well guess not much can be done about that... still seems silly to be that slow, it is a simply setting after all.

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:17 PM - 12/21/14 »
You'll definitely improve, just don't expect it to make you godlike or anything.

I think alot of people get the xim thinking it's going to make them dominate on console with ease or act like a cheat of some sort, then they get disappointed and blame the product.

Yea, I'm hoping to reach my skill level on PC with the XIM :)

Interestingly though... I had my friend come over and play Ghosts on my PC, he usually ends up top 3 or 4 on the leader boards.  Gave him a controller and he ended up second to last lol

Leaves me to believe that 1. PC is more competitive and/or 2. Kb/m are better (especially in 1 v 1's)  Both could be true but I thought it was really interesting... needless to say it was a wake-up call for him haha

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:41 PM - 12/21/14 »
Trust me when i say this - the best call of duty players are on console

Admin