XIM Community

PS3 Far Cry 3 - AIM_DOWN_SIGHT not working in toggle mode  (Read 1193 times)

Offline laencarna

• View Profile
Hello,

I just purchased the XIM4, upgraded its firmware to its latest version and downloaded the PS3 Far Cry 3 configuration.

When personalizing this configuration, in the aim-down-sight menu there is a very useful option that consists in determining if the aim-down-sight mode is triggered by holding a button (option HOLD), or on the contrary if it is triggered and kept with one single click of the button, needing a second click to go back to HIP mode (option TOGGLE).

My issue is that whether I configure my device on HOLD or TOGGLE, the behavior is always HOLD (and of course what I would like is the oposite...). All other buttons/behaviors are properly setup and working fine.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Kind regards,

laencarna
« Last Edit: 09:54 AM - 12/17/14 by laencarna »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Far Cry 3 - AIM_DOWN_SIGHT not working in toggle mode
« Reply #1 on: 01:16 PM - 12/17/14 »
This isn't currently supported. Toggle and hold only affect the sensitivity right now, not the ADS button. If the game allows you could technically set the game to toggle and the ADS setting to toggle as well. The problem with this is XIM doesn't know if you are in Hip or ADS in the game. There are a multitude of ways to become out sync between the game and XIM in terms of using Hip or ADS when using a toggle ADS. For example, say you were toggled into ADS mode and die. When you respawn you will be using the XIM ADS setting (ST and sensitivity). You're now in Hip mode in game and using the wrong ST and the wrong sensitivity, clicking ADS again will mean that you're now in ADS mode in game but Hip mode in XIM.

There have been suggestions on how to support this with the least amount of headache possible but at the moment it's unsupported and recommended that you use the traditional method of hold for ADS, both in the game settings and XIM settings.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline laencarna

• View Profile
Re: PS3 Far Cry 3 - AIM_DOWN_SIGHT not working in toggle mode
« Reply #2 on: 04:26 AM - 12/18/14 »
Hi,

OK I see... indeed it makes sense and seems tricky to implement.

One more question, what do you mean by "Toggle and hold only affect the sensitivity right now"?

Thanks again!

Admin