XIM Community

Xim4 + Roccat Apuri - Ps4 controller no charge  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Ak Bra

• View Profile
Sorry for my spelling I write with a translator.

Hello everyone,

To activate my leds I chose to buy a USB hub. The Roccat Apuri. Everything works fine except that the controller is not charging. I do not know however this is the. Could this be the xim4 firmware? This is a minor inconvenience but it remains a nonetheless. So I prefer the reporter.

Connection  : Ps4 --> Xim4 --> Hub usb --> Keyboard
                                                                        --> Mouse
                                                                        -->Controller
                                                                        <-->Power

I can connect in this way but then I lost the intereet usb hub.

Branchement : Ps4 --> Xim4 --> Hub usb  ---- --> Keyboard
                                                    -->Controller      --> Mouse
                                                                                <-->Power

Sincerely yours xim4 team!
« Last Edit: 02:10 AM - 12/08/14 by Ak Bra »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim4 + Roccat Apuri - Ps4 controller no charge
« Reply #1 on: 10:15 AM - 12/08/14 »
Even though you are using a powered hub, it doesn't necessarily mean that your controller will charge if other devices are plugged into the hub too if it can't source enough power. Does it charge if it's the only thing plugged into the hub?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Ak Bra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:47 PM - 12/08/14 »
No, it makes no difference. The ps4 does not indicate the battery level of the joystick. And it does not load.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 01:18 PM - 12/08/14 »
Why are you using a hub?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:02 PM - 12/08/14 »
No, it makes no difference. The ps4 does not indicate the battery level of the joystick. And it does not load.

Do you expect to see a 'charge' icon on PS4 with this configuration?  You will not.  The XIM4 pretends to be a controller, and the XIM4 virtual controller is the one the PS4 sees.  The XIM4 itself never charges, so the PS4 never sees a controller charging.  When your real controller charges, there is no way for the PS4 to see it.  It is hidden behind the XIM4.  However, your real controller *should* charge anyway, even if you don't see a charge icon on PS4.

Offline Ak Bra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:40 PM - 12/08/14 »
Why are you using a hub?

The activation of the LEDs on my keyboard G105 and my mouse G502 problematic. The xim4 planted after 3-4 hours of play. I was forced to disconnect and reconnect. I evoke this problem on the forum and I was advised to obtain hub. This was solved thanks to the hub.
Besides the ROCCAT Apuri contains a "bungee" pleasant to use.

Do you expect to see a 'charge' icon on PS4 with this configuration?  You will not.  The XIM4 pretends to be a controller, and the XIM4 virtual controller is the one the PS4 sees.  The XIM4 itself never charges, so the PS4 never sees a controller charging.  When your real controller charges, there is no way for the PS4 to see it.  It is hidden behind the XIM4.  However, your real controller *should* charge anyway, even if you don't see a charge icon on PS4.

Sorry I thought the charge indicator was present with xim4. However, I noticed another strange thing, the controller illuminates orange while xim work. As in the photo below.

Yes this mousepad is huge

It's not a big deal but I do not understand why the controller does not load.

Thanks

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:52 PM - 12/08/14 »
Orange LED means the DS4 is charging.  :)

Your mouse mat is awesome.  ;D

Offline Ak Bra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:08 PM - 12/09/14 »
Yes I have seen it in the manual. But when I pull the lever is not charged. For that I wanted to see if by chance there was someone who also had a Apuri ROCCAT.

Thank you anyway :)

Admin