XIM Community

XIM4 + PS4 + SteelSeries Gaming Apex Keyboard = Not working!  (Read 2523 times)

Offline robbo0

• View Profile
Hi,

I use the following setup with my Xbox One and it works fine:

XIM4 +  SteelSeries Gaming Apex Keyboard + Zowie FK1

However when I tried using my XIM4 for the 1st time on PS4 I could not get it to work.
I switched out the keyboard and it worked, but couldn't understand why my SteelSeries Gaming Apex Keyboard works on Xbox One and not PS4?

Is it a coding issue?

The keyboard sometimes flashes for a split second, otherwise remains un-lit and same with the mouse, however on occasion the mouse has stayed lit up.

The XIM4 will often flash Red/Yellow as well and in the XIM Manager it simply displays the PS4 icon following 3 Warning/No device icons.

The keyboard and mouse are unresponsive, I'm unable to switch profiles or assign hot keys when connected to the PS4.

Anybody have any ideas?

I tried re-plugging the XIM4, along with devices, updating to latest beta firmware. But after that I couldn't think of what else I could do on my side.

Any help/ideas are appreciated!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Could you upgrade to the latest Beta and try again and let us know?

Direct links: Firmware v20141114, Manager v20141114

Please follow the upgrade instructions in the posts.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline robbo0

• View Profile
Could you upgrade to the latest Beta and try again and let us know?

Direct links: Firmware v20141114, Manager v20141114

Please follow the upgrade instructions in the posts.

I have installed both of those latest firmware/software-driver and still the same issue on the PS4. Still works on Xbox One though.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, been working a lot of overtime and only just got round to trying it out!