XIM Community

XIM4 with Sony Navigation Controller  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Visuals

• View Profile
XIM4 with Sony Navigation Controller
« on: 10:57 AM - 12/07/14 »
Does anyone use the XIM4 with this combination?
I'm having serious connection issues with the device.  I know the move controller is wireless, but it doesn't work unless it's wired (connected to XIM4).  Then it works for no more than 5-10 mins at a time and hay-wires after that (my avatar moves is circles).  What is your process for connection? what are you settings, what is your firmware? what works for you!?

THanks

Offline chad20

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 with Sony Navigation Controller
« Reply #1 on: 11:28 AM - 12/07/14 »
Make sure the nav is completely charged. Have everything connected to xim and console on then plug in the cable from xim to console. This is the only setup I use and have used it with every firmware.

Offline Noquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:21 PM - 12/07/14 »
Hi,

Sounds like a duff Nav.  Ive never had any such issue.  The only problem I have is sometimes having to startup the XIM with the nav wire connected as the BT handshake sometimes fails.  However, once done I can disconnect the wire and all is well. 

This may well have been fixed in the latest November firmware which I have not updated to.

Offline Visuals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:04 PM - 12/07/14 »
Thanks for that insight guys! I did purchase a used one. Perhaps that's the reason! I'll get a new one and try again. If you don't mind what's your sequence?

Mine is
1) Manually turn on PS4
2) Use DualShock 4 to navigate basic menus
3) Turn off DS4
4) plug in DS4 in XIM4 along with mouse and Navigation Controller
5) Press the middle button on the DS4
6) Wait for lights on XIM4 to pulse red
7) play!! but for only 2-3 mins then it goes hay-wire

Thanks

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:48 PM - 12/07/14 »
I believe everything should be plugged in the xim then turn on ps4 let it get to where you pick a profile then plu in the xim. After the light on xim stabilizes press the ps button on the ds4. That is what I always do and never a problem. Im not sure if the wireless nav process is any different.

Offline Earthy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Earthy104
« Reply #5 on: 07:04 PM - 12/07/14 »
I'm with Chad.  I leave everything plugged into the xim.  I have 3 Navs that I rotate through, and other than the bug where xim manager won't connect if I activate the Nav first I haven't had any connection problems.  When your Nav stops working does the blinking light stop?  The light on mine keeps blinking until the Nav's battery goes dead. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 07:06 PM - 12/07/14 »
That wireless connection order issue was fixed with that latest Beta (along with other Nav issues).

Direct links: Firmware v20141114, Manager v20141114

Please follow the upgrade instructions in the posts.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Visuals

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:36 PM - 12/08/14 »
Should I download the manager first then the firmware?
Also yes My nav light use to blink, but no matter how much I charge it, it doesn't blink anymore.  I am purchasing brand new Navs because this one was used.

Thanks for all your responses guys.  I'll keep you posted and might even post some video so you may continue to help me with my "keyboard & mouse" experience

Cheers!

Offline Visuals

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:45 PM - 12/08/14 »
Another question about updating firmware

Should I?

1) Plug in the mouse, Nav Controller, PS4 controller into the XIM4 then plug the XIM 4 into the USB port to update the firmware?

OR?

2) Just plug in the XIM4 alone via USB to update the firmware

Thanks guys

Vis

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 01:20 PM - 12/08/14 »
It doesn't matter what you have plugged into your XIM4 when you upgrade the firmware. I'd upgrade the firmware and then Manager.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
« Reply #10 on: 07:20 AM - 12/09/14 »
Upgrade the firmware... it solved the connection issues I had with using the nav through bt.  Just make sure you charge it!  I have 2 of them now, so one is always charged and ready to go.  You can pick them up cheap at walmart (look in the electronics clearance section) - Many walmarts still have them in the old PS3 packaging and sell them for $5.99.  I have seen them at three different walmarts by me marked down like this. 
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit