XIM Community

XIM3 slight mouse inaccuracy/choppyness.  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Khns

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khns
XIM3 slight mouse inaccuracy/choppyness.
« on: 01:21 PM - 12/05/14 »
Hi, I recently purchased a gaming mouse to use with my xim3, my first actually, its the "EC TECHNOLOGY®8200 DPI 12000 FPS/s Programmble optical mouse" (they say its a laser on amazon but its actually optical), anyway i use it on call of duty mw2 for sniping, i notice a majority of the times when aiming in, and hard scoping, its not very accurate or smooth at all, its not thats its too fast or slow, it basically feels shaky.. Ive tried multiple dpi settings and i set my polling rate to 125hz which did make it only a little smoother... I heard that optical mouses arent good on wood surfaces? Well i do play on a very smooth wooden desk, and i dont have a mouse pad, could that be the issue or should i just buy a laser mouse? I'd appreciate some suggestions thanks (:
« Last Edit: 05:54 PM - 12/05/14 by Khns »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM3 slight mouse inaccuracy/choppyness.
« Reply #1 on: 01:33 PM - 12/05/14 »
How was performance using your last mouse? Was it similar?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Khns

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:16 PM - 12/05/14 »
No, my first mouse was a bit worst because  it was a standard "onn optical usb" mouse and only had 400dpi and it couldnt be configured.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 04:12 PM - 12/05/14 »
What game are you playing?

Offline Khns

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:53 PM - 12/05/14 »
Modern warfare 2

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 06:14 PM - 12/05/14 »
Are you using Standard or Smart Translators?

Offline Khns

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:54 PM - 12/05/14 »
Atm im just using the smart translator. It's the MW3 smart translater... they said its just the same as MW2, I tried searching online for a MW2 smart translater and couldn't find one so I  assumd I'm just supposed to use the MW3 one? I also tried doing standard, looked at a couple of other settings from people like 'toysrme', yet Still the same  shaky/choppiness. I was wondering if it could be that I don't have amousepad? but then again I'd be confused if that was the case because I play on a really really smooth wooden desk...

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 09:51 PM - 12/05/14 »
You shouldn't get any shakiness or chopiness. Using the wrong translator could certainly cause this issue. You couldn't find MW2 in XIM3Managers list?

Offline Khns

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:36 AM - 12/06/14 »
I actually just found it, I didnt know how to really search for it in the Manager the first time I updated it, so I went on there again and looked around more.  It does seem smoothier with the MW2 Smart translater thanks alot for your help I really appreciate it(:

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 12:06 PM - 12/06/14 »
That's great to hear. Every game is different (even between versions of the same game) which is why there is are different Smart Translators per-game.

Offline Khns

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:40 PM - 12/07/14 »
That's great to hear. Every game is different (even between versions of the same game) which is why there is are different Smart Translators per-game.
Hey OBsIV, I've been using the MW2 translator, which helped a bit, but I still notice a little bit of jitter like the tracking is a little off, especially when aiming in and hard scoping, thats when its  most noticeable because when you're sniping someone, you have to make small accurate movements to hit them, sometimes as I'm move the mouse  like if I try to aim diagonally or aiming up while scoped it it feels STIFF very STIFF.  I guess its  not as bad as before but its still there. I honestly think it's the mouse im using, its a very cheap gaming mouse I bought off amazon. for $28 http://www.amazon.com/TECHNOLOGY%C2%AE8200-Programmable-Adjustable-Configuration-Gold-plated-Ergonomic/dp/B00JF2FFR2 .   (Its optical not laser)

It uses the Avago ADNS-9800 Sensor.. I looked on this site:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/wiki/mouse1
and this is what i read

"Avago ADNS-9500 is an older Laser sensor that is widely used because of it’s high CPI. However this sensor has many flaws which make it unsuitable for a “Gaming” mouse. By design it uses dynamic CPI which cause fluctuating acceleration(Negative and Positive) between 3-5%. This means that a 180 degree turn can be as many as 9 degrees off. The sensor also suffers when used on popular cloth surfaces, however this is on a mouse-to-mouse basis. It also uses CPI steps of 90 so, depending on the mouse, will ignore your actual settings if it is not divisible by 90 or it will introduce interpolation. (Setting the mouse to 400CPI will make it use 450CPI)"

"Avago ADNS-9800 is similar to the 9500 but also suffers from input delay. A firmware update seems to be slowly fixing the delay problem, but the other flaws persist. Also, this sensor uses CPI steps of 200, so again it will ignore your setting if it is not divisible by such."

Could this be the problem? I'm eventually going to buy a better mouse seeing how I've tried plenty of different DPI settings for my mouse along with different configs on the XIM3, and nothing seems to help the tracking/jitter problem completely . I've watched other players snipe using XIM3 on youtube, and I don't see this problem on their screen, so I know its just me.
Thanks.

Admin