XIM Community

Any body using a Razer Ouroboros mouse yet?  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Grimmreaper0323

• In G_D I trust-everybody else pays CASH
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SeaWolf323
Any body using a Razer Ouroboros mouse yet?
« on: 05:11 PM - 12/01/12 »
I just got a Razer Ouroboros mouse, and It goes up to 8200 dpi.  Any body using this yet, and have you used this dpi?  It plug and plays with the XIM3, Lights and everything.  The 8200 dpi is a lot faster then the 5700 dpi,  I'm having a hard time tuning the halo 4 configs at his rate.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[/url]

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Any body using a Razer Ouroboros mouse yet?
« Reply #1 on: 07:05 PM - 12/01/12 »
  I have the mouse but I coundn't get used to it on my Xim3. After several twitchy and frustrating hours I finally went back to my 4000dpi CM Storm Recon.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #2 on: 10:25 PM - 12/01/12 »
it looks pretty cool. I wanted to give it a try but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on it

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:26 PM - 01/04/13 »
Hi,

I receive my Ouroboros tomorrow if everything's right, but I'd like to know & be SURE that she's gonna work wireless ?

Because I can't find a true answer so as you get it, does it work right wireless ? And when you fix it at 8200dpi on Razer Synapse 2.0, are they still when you play on XIM ? I believed to understand that the Ouroboros has a onboard memory but I'm not sure yet...

So thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Offline Lurkin374

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lurkin374
« Reply #4 on: 01:44 PM - 01/04/13 »
can anyone confirm if this has onboard memory?

Offline codplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:48 PM - 01/04/13 »
You can't even make it work if you lower your DPI? Sincerely I think it won't make a notable difference between 4500 DPI (of my G500) and 8200 DPI. I also have a Razer Mamba and I lower the DPI to 4500 as well, and it works flawlessly.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:30 PM - 01/04/13 »
@lurkin : I'm gonna try it tomorrow as soon as I'll. So I'll be able to answer you but I hope so, as well as the Deathadder Black Edition has.

@codplayer : You don't answer any questions. And yes, 4500dpi is really great, but when you have a mouse capable to use 8200dpi, why don't do it ? Because, necessarily, 8200dpi will be more efficient than 4500dpi, so when you have it, use it.

But I'm still wondering if the Ouroboros has an inboard memory and does it work wireless or not ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : So lurkin, after trying, it seems she has an onboard memory because I fixed it to 8200dpi on Razer Synapse and when I tried to play with on XIM, the sensivity was absolutly insane while with my old mouse (Deathadder at 2500dpi) the sensivity was just perfect, so I just wanna tell you : "YES"

Now codplayer, if you don't notice any difference between 4500 and 8200 dpi, I advice you to try it, because, me, I did, and I can swear that the difference is notable.

And for potential others who could wondering same questions as me, YES, the Ouroboros works wireless flawlessly and she's lighted, and for others questions, I'm available.
« Last Edit: 02:05 PM - 01/05/13 by britsky »

Offline codplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:06 PM - 01/05/13 »
Yes I do, you have to lower your DPI with current sensitivity or set the max DPI and lower your sensitivity :P. You are welcome!

Offline Lurkin374

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:33 PM - 01/05/13 »
thank you britsky.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:25 PM - 01/05/13 »
Yes I do, you have to lower your DPI with current sensitivity or set the max DPI and lower your sensitivity :P. You are welcome!

- Exactly, but I thought you were saying that 4500 dpi and 8200 dpi had no difference while 8200 dpi, for example, offer really more accurate than 4500.

- You are welcome Lurkin.

Offline Lurkin374

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:40 PM - 12/05/14 »
Anybody have anymore info on this? Wanna make sure it has atleast one onboard memory slot

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:12 PM - 12/05/14 »
it looks pretty cool. I wanted to give it a try but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on it
Me too
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Lurkin374

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:52 AM - 12/06/14 »
I bought one and took it back within an hour. Felt cheap for a 100.00 mouse