XIM Community

Controller disconnects Hardwire xbox one controller fix  (Read 3280 times)

Offline cturnbull802

• View Profile
i have been having an issue with the xim4 plugged in where my controller disconnects when i bump it, and i have to unplug the xim4 from the xbox one and it will re-gain connection.

i noticed this only happens to my 'day one' controller. i am not sure if the connector is slightly damaged or if the day one controller is just a piece of junk (the xbox button also sticks)

for a fix i am thinking to de-solder the usb port on the controller and hard wire a usb cable to it for dedicated xim use. does anyone see any issues with this? i can potentially post some pictures of my progress if anyone cares to see the pinout / results.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Controller disconnects Hardwire xbox one controller fix
« Reply #1 on: 10:25 AM - 11/26/14 »
If you are proficient with a soldering iron, yes, I think that's a fine fix. But, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that isn't good with those tools -- would be dangerous. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:37 PM - 11/26/14 »
ridiculous

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:00 PM - 11/29/14 »
I mentioned this on another thread, but in my usually-too-verbose manner, so I'm sure no one read it.  :)

TL;DR version: I personally think USB connections are a mixed bag when used with consoles.  Yes, standardized connectors are nice, but USB connectors just aren't designed for the kind of rough/mis-handling game systems and controllers get.  They get damaged so easily, and they are not tolerant of misalignment at all.

Offline jimmy_j_pp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:58 AM - 11/30/14 »
Well I found a little trick with the Xbox One controller...if you have the rechargeable battery in the controller and you accidentally bump the USB cable or plug the controller for whatever reason your mouse and keyboard still work.

So I just keep that battery inside the controller while plugged into the XIM4.

A more concerning problem which I haven't seen on here yet is:

Recently I was playing Black Ops on 360 and (this has only happened twice but nonetheless annoying and it got me killed while in the middle of getting my kill streaks) the XIM4 seemed to lose connection with the 360 controller and just started blinking white and my on screen animation was even more weird as my character was slowly rotating.

The only way I could fix this is to unplug the XIM4's connection to the 360 and plugging it back in. At that point I died since I was basically standing up looking into the sky as my character slowly rotated Im pretty sure I looked like I was messing about to teammates and especially to the enemy.

Again this has only happened twice so idk if it's much of an epidemic with the software or hardware contact points but I had to bring it up since I never had any disconnection issues with my One when I owned one.

This issue has happened twice in the last week so yeah kind of annoying.

I've experienced exactly the same thing without battery in the controller. My son thinks it's funny to walk up and unplug my controller, sometimes the xim4 still works(with the controller not plugged in), sometimes it seems to freeze the action I was last doing(if I was walking forward when unplugged, it will keep walking). However the xim4 stops responding when I plug the controller back in, requiring me to unplug the xim4. You would think with hotswapping enabled I would just be able to go on my merry way.

Bug fix? Running the newest beta/rc firmware.

Offline cafu02

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:36 AM - 11/30/14 »
I have also experience issue with the Day One junk controller.
I had it replaces at the Microsoft A few days ago. If your not able to visit a store, do the online support they will have one sent out for you.

Admin