XIM Community

Use regular keyboard with XIM 4?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Titan

• View Profile
Use regular keyboard with XIM 4?
« on: 01:24 AM - 11/26/14 »
I've noticed that If I use a normal keyboard on xbox 360 it acts as an actual keyboard and lets me type messages with it, but when I use it on the Xim it does not (obviously). I was wondering if there was any quick profile I could get that would allow me to switch to in order to get the keyboard's full messaging capabilities?

Offline killawink64

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Fouldeth
Re: Use regular keyboard with XIM 4?
« Reply #1 on: 06:23 AM - 11/26/14 »
iirc, it doesn't  work like that. You gotta remember that the m+kb is emulating the controller when hooked up to the xim.

Offline Ryoku

• My Balls Got Eatten By Tire
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ryo-ku-
« Reply #2 on: 06:53 AM - 11/26/14 »
I've noticed that If I use a normal keyboard on xbox 360 it acts as an actual keyboard and lets me type messages with it, but when I use it on the Xim it does not (obviously). I was wondering if there was any quick profile I could get that would allow me to switch to in order to get the keyboard's full messaging capabilities?

iirc, it doesn't  work like that. You gotta remember that the m+kb is emulating the controller when hooked up to the xim.

Basicly the console sees a controller when you plug your xim into it.
PS4 : Xim4 : CM Storm Quickfire TK Keyboard: Logitech G502 Mouse : Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 : Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Headset

Offline hfcobra

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: HF COBRA
« Reply #3 on: 06:55 AM - 11/26/14 »

This.

I've also looked into it quite a bit back when I bought my XIM Edge and I couldn't find any solutions other than a second keyboard or swapping the USB plug from the XIM to the Xbox.

If you find a way to do it I'd like to know though!

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:29 AM - 11/26/14 »
You guys could always just use a KVM switch and when you want to use it as a keyboard you push the switch button and then when you want it for gaming hit it again
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat