XIM Community

Best gaming headset for ps4/pc  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Best gaming headset for ps4/pc
« Reply #30 on: 07:18 PM - 11/27/14 »
they're the same?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Wireless-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00I8S4E1C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417056196&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+gold

if they are then that would be perfect!

yes they are the same

just dont get the pulse though, its a similar headset from sony but not as good
here the pulse as a comparison

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Pulse-Wireless-PS3/dp/B008HODBAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417113363&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+pulse

the mic for the headset is it good for the pc as well? cause i need it for both as i game on both ps4 and pc...

publix said its great on the PS4, and if its good for the PS4 then it should also be good for the PC :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09:57 PM - 11/27/14 »
Thanks,  sorry I wasn't on today tomorrow perhaps?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:45 AM - 11/28/14 »
He probably doesn't know who publix is Od1n xD.

Yea its OK, I'll just send you a VM on PSN, if you think it sounds OK and want to hear if it sounds different on PC let me know.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:05 PM - 11/28/14 »
i actually went ahead and got it the sony gold i mean..."gold wireless stereo headset"

it works well and it's pretty loud which is perfect for me on the ps4...

i haven't messed with the mic on the ps4 but it registers when i talk so that's a good sign... and it doesn't sound bad like what i thought could have happened..

i got it for $69.99 and returned my logitech g930 (which were actually hurting my ears as i wear gunnar optiks when gaming) so i saved money and got more than i wanted.

thanks for your suggestions and the sony gold is a thumbs up from me :)

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02:07 PM - 11/28/14 »
sorry i'm doing reseach on a problem right now that i forgot to mention and it was that how can i like not hear myself?

is this a common issue or is this something i can disable? i went into my pc and i thought it was turned on and that i'd be able to turn that off but i can't so is this something i have to deal with?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:32 PM - 11/28/14 »
check the windows settings audio microphone, you can adjust that stuff there
i think you can adjust that on the PS4 as well in the controller settings
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:43 PM - 11/28/14 »
i did check it and it's not the settings it's the headset. meaning i know how to turn the "hear yourself" on but it's not enabled. this only happens when my mic is on though which is obvious because if it's not on then i wouldn't be able to hear myself. but when it is on i'm confused as to why i can hear myself and why there isn't an option to disable it.

so i know what you're talking about... there's a check box to enable and disable it but it's disabled so again it's the headset not the windows settings.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05:01 PM - 11/28/14 »
google it or ask someone in here that also has them, im sure its solveable :)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:42 PM - 11/28/14 »
The issues you are talking about is mic monitoring on and off.
To enable it / disable it you hold the mute button down.

Just clicking it mutes the mic, but holding it cycles the mic monitoring function. If I have that wrong, it tells you in the manual how to adjust that specific setting.

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
« Reply #39 on: 12:37 PM - 12/01/14 »
These headsets are on my christmas list.  My px-21's have seen better days.
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02:04 PM - 12/01/14 »
You'll compromise on how you sound to others when you have all those functions in a compact wireless solution.

Its literally a USB stick for the PS4 and the headset.
Bliss..

You couldn't make me use any headset with "Any" wires now.

Even if you bought me the wireless Astros or whatever, still too many wires compared to this setup. More sound then you'll ever need in a FPS game, probably won't please Audiophiles, but this is COD I'm not shooting Mozart's symphonies out of my gun, and my enemies footsteps aren't Bach!

Offline zsozsoka

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02:39 PM - 12/01/14 »
Turtle beach is a great product. Definitely takes a spot from the top 3. Comparing to Astro ,tritton or anything may be not a best idea if you looking for to buy a great headset. Everybody has a subjective experience.I've owned around 14 different gaming headsets in the last 5 years. I've had several turtle beach, tritton, and Sony headsets. I even had a cheap radioshack and bestbuy brand headset. I love great quality sound. I currently own a pair of Astro A50 and they are the best sounding and most comfortable gaming headsets I've owned. The turtle beach , they indeed sound a little above average at best, but the surround sound feels off.  Comfort is by far the best feature, and of course turtle beach has a lot more programing options and features,like built in bluetooth, stand charging, instead cable charging(astro), noise cancelation ,etc...and kind a different design then astro's.
The $100 range is not the greatest, but for the money won't make a big different what you buy from (my) top 3. They all good.
Hope it helped you.
« Last Edit: 03:06 PM - 12/01/14 by zsozsoka »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:55 PM - 12/01/14 »
Turtle beach is a great product. Definitely takes a spot from the top 3. Comparing to Astro ,tritton or anything may be not a best idea if you looking for to buy a great headset. Everybody has a subjective experience.I've owned around 14 different gaming headsets in the last 5 years. I've had several turtle beach, tritton, and Sony headsets. I even had a cheap radioshack and bestbuy brand headset. I love great quality sound. I currently own a pair of Astro A50 and they are the best sounding and most comfortable gaming headsets I've owned. The turtle beach ,they indeed sound a little above average at best, but the surround sound feels off.  Comfort is by far the best feature, and of course bit more program options and kind a different design then astro's.
The $100 range is not the greatest, but for the money won't matter what you buy from (my) top 3. They all good.

test some real headphones from a quality brand and youll be amazed by how much better they are compared to any gaming headset
tritton, astro and turtle beach are among the worst possible purchases you can do when going for audio solutions :)

Offline zsozsoka

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:16 PM - 12/01/14 »
Well... He want to stay at $100 range in gaming headset. I am sure in that category the above mentioned brands are great. Even 300$ range.( for gaming). But, like I just  said, everybody has they own subjective  opinion.
I am sure, there is a lot ,way better headsets are on the market, but two question comes up. Who has the money for it and what you want to use it for. I am sure those what you talking about, they are way out of a few hundreds $ range.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03:18 PM - 12/01/14 »
If all you want to hear are footsteps and gun sounds most headset and headphones will suit this purpose.

If you want to hear individual blades of digital grass brushing in the breeze, get you wallet out and chase that never ending dream.

For example, some people want that "battle rattle" to sound top notch, for immersion, or the ground crunch and you step walk and run to sound authentic..

To me, these are all unnecessary distractions. Much like litter blowing across the street in an FPS game..