XIM Community

Best gaming headset for ps4/pc  (Read 7467 times)

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
Best gaming headset for ps4/pc
« on: 09:45 AM - 11/25/14 »
i'm trying to buy a headset for under 100usd

i need this headset to be compatible with ps4 as well as pc

i'm not sure how adapters work with ps4s but it would be nice if i didn't need to purchase a separate adapter.

i don't know much about it so it'd be nice if i could use the headset with the ps4 while it works with both sound and chat.

any suggestions?

i'm looking into the turtle beach px22, never used a turtle beach before but because of it's price and reviews that's what i'm thinking of... and question will the px22 be completely compatible with the ps4? like sound and chat?

thanks!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Best gaming headset for ps4/pc
« Reply #1 on: 07:28 PM - 11/25/14 »
turtle beach is a very bad company in terms of quality, and so are the other big companies like astro or tritton

id buy the sony stereo 2.0, its 99$ but pretty good and can be used on the PC too
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:36 PM - 11/25/14 »
Would you happen to know if the mic is very clear?

And thanks for the reply and I'm looking to buy it

And this works perfectly with xim right trying to make sure.

Do you have any more suggestions for for headsets? Trying to look at them all before I make my final decision once and for all

Thanks!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:42 PM - 11/25/14 »
a friend of me is using it and i can understand him very well, so id say the mic is fine and good
this headset works wireless with the PS4 and therefore no additional wires are needed for the XIM
any other headset that works wired needs additional gear for the PS4 when being used with the XIM right now

i dont have more suggestions as all gaming headsets are rip-offs, 20$ headphones with a 5$ mic sold for 200$ basically
the sony one is one of the very very few exceptions
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline destinyftw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:44 AM - 11/26/14 »
Save for Astro A40 , worth it

Offline divisionbell77

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:16 AM - 11/26/14 »

This.

And watch Amazon and other sellers of the A40's.  Might see a sale at a great price anytime from now to cyber Monday.

Offline SlamminUK

• View Profile
    • My Twitch Stream
« Reply #6 on: 05:46 AM - 11/26/14 »
Or save a little more and get the A50's Gen 2

I just purchased them this week and they're amazing! A big step up from my PX5 Turtle Beaches.

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/astro-gaming-a50-2015-xbox-one-edition-in-white.html#.VHW9N4usUt0

Follow me on Twitch for Xbox One, PC, Sony Nav XIM4 Highlights, Gameplays and much more....

==============================
XIM4 | G502 | Sony Nav | Corsair K95

Offline Ryoku

• My Balls Got Eatten By Tire
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ryo-ku-
« Reply #7 on: 07:01 AM - 11/26/14 »
turtle beach is a very bad company in terms of quality, and so are the other big companies like astro or tritton

id buy the sony stereo 2.0, its 99$ but pretty good and can be used on the PC too
i'm trying to buy a headset for under 100usd

i need this headset to be compatible with ps4 as well as pc

i'm not sure how adapters work with ps4s but it would be nice if i didn't need to purchase a separate adapter.

i don't know much about it so it'd be nice if i could use the headset with the ps4 while it works with both sound and chat.

any suggestions?

i'm looking into the turtle beach px22, never used a turtle beach before but because of it's price and reviews that's what i'm thinking of... and question will the px22 be completely compatible with the ps4? like sound and chat?

thanks!

I'm going to have to agree with od1n, the sony playstation gold wirelss headset is pretty hard to beat for $100 price tag ($100 give or take depending on where you live).  As for the others suggesting Astro's I'd have to say no, their headsets are pretty bad quality for the price, their mixamp is pretty decent though.
PS4 : Xim4 : CM Storm Quickfire TK Keyboard: Logitech G502 Mouse : Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 : Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Headset

Offline hfcobra

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: HF COBRA
« Reply #8 on: 07:01 AM - 11/26/14 »
If you are going to save for Astros then save for Sennheiser PC360s or their equivalent instead.  PC Titanfall K/D 5.5 and CS:GO Legendary Eagle Master.

The surround sound they advertise works but the larger drivers of a stereo headset/headphones allows better audio positioning and ESPECIALLY audio quality.  What do you think is going to provide better quality?  One big driver per ear or 4 tiny ones?

EDIT:  I did forget one problem though.  As of now the Xbox One (if that's what you are using) does not allow for you to output voice through the speakers if the mic is plugged into the controller.  With a set of headphones you can either hear people talk and not be able to talk back or you can talk but not hear people.  The workaround for the 360 for me was to wear my headset normally and put my mic around my neck with the boom pointing up in front of my mouth and outputting the voice through speakers.  The One does not allow this.  Honestly this kind of idiocy in designing the new console makes me sick.

With the Astros there might be a way to work around this problem due to the mixamp but I don't own them and therefore cannot comment about that for sure.
« Last Edit: 07:31 AM - 11/26/14 by hfcobra »

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:34 AM - 11/26/14 »
Astros are a waste of money in my honest opinion. I would say look for a good set (audiophile/over ear/ open ear) of cans and pick up a DSS2, headset buddy and you will be golden with 5.1 surround
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #11 on: 01:53 PM - 11/26/14 »
Buy the Sony Golds. They sound very good, the mic is excellent (and hidden), very comfortable to wear for long periods, it's the only (best) way to have wireless chat on a PS4 while using the Xim4, and it'll work with a PC just fine (and the Xbox 360/One for that matter).

For $99 - $79 if you can catch a good sale - they are unbeatable.

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:22 PM - 11/26/14 »
thank you all for your suggestions i'll take a look at all of them..

@jackal_329 give me some time LOL i'll check them out as well

Offline JJJYXMR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:26 PM - 11/26/14 »

do a40s work with ps4? chat and everything? without other adapters and etc? going over each headphone that was suggested

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:34 PM - 11/26/14 »

I have this headset and I love it, it works wirelessly on PC and PS4.
You can set individual game profiles through and app on the PS4, it also has a custom equaliser setting to crank that treble and drop that bass slider down to give you crisp footstep sound in FPS games apart from Advanced warfare.. You could have th e best sound setup in the world and still not hear someone doing the Irish jig behind you.

People I talk to say the mic is a little tinny, but its really not an issue as I still come through loud and clear. Plus is has rocker switches on the left cup for game/chat volume and over all volume as well as a VSS switch for stereo, it had a built in mic monitoring function and a mute button all placed conveniently on the left cup.

For the price its a knock out and I can't thank Roads enough for recommending it to me.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility