XIM Community

Halo MCC H2A stuttery (Multiplayer only)  (Read 3910 times)

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
Halo MCC H2A stuttery (Multiplayer only)
« on: 04:17 PM - 11/24/14 »
Hi, I had some problems with what i thought are related to Halo MCC when playing online in Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer only (I've only played Multiplayer H2A).

I can describe it as a constant stuttery when moving the mouse and walking it lags in another words, while playing Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer to a point where it's beginning to be unplayable (especially on Stone Town and Shrine). Now what i thought was it's the game it's self but as soon as i use the Xbox One controller the stuttering completely is gone. So im asking what is the issue here and can it be fixed?

Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Halo MCC stuttery
« Reply #1 on: 04:21 PM - 11/24/14 »
are you using the correct translator and is the correct config running as eg autoload?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
Re: Halo MCC H2A stuttery (Multiplayer only)
« Reply #2 on: 04:24 PM - 11/24/14 »
Yes, i'm using the correct translater. I don't know what eg autoload is. To load my configs i bind the top F keys F5, F6 F7, F8. I would look what auto-load is but it's taking me 20 minutes to connect to my PC wired. bare with me as i will look.

It doesn't seen to effect you when you start a custom game on your own, only multiplayer but as soon as i use a controller the lag vanishes (Multiplayer)

I'm not experiencing internet lag either it's a real problem (in game stuttering)

As of now i'm using Beta Fireware and Beta Manager

EDITED
« Last Edit: 04:55 PM - 11/24/14 by 45tgas45 »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 05:31 PM - 11/24/14 »
I was just on H2A ranked last night and didn't experience that. Does it happen with all versions, or, just H2A?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:47 PM - 11/24/14 »
For me the stutter happens on H2A on those maps. I've played single player H-CE no problems, H2 and H3 Multiplayer no problems, i havnt played H4 yet.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:00 PM - 11/24/14 »
Just to be clear, you have two Halo 2 STs (Classic ST and Anniversary ST) on your device and are using the correct ST for your current game?

Using the Halo 2 Classic ST on Halo 2A or vice versa would produce a stutter or jittery feel as they use different look mechanics. Did you say you feel this when walking to, as in "left stick" movement is stuttering?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:20 PM - 11/24/14 »
My aim reticule is not the problem the ST works great. It's like fps drop stuttery but as soon i use the controller to walk and look around it works completely fine the lag is removed.

If i stud still and pressed A to strafe left and hold it continuing to walk left i would lag stutter. If i repeat the same process but this time holding the left stick from the Xbox one controller the lag is not there. Same with looking around, mouse stutter, with right stick of the controller it's fine.

I hope you guys understand this now.  :(

Edit
« Last Edit: 06:27 PM - 11/24/14 by 45tgas45 »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:01 PM - 11/24/14 »
Ok yes thanks for clearing that up. You're right, it wouldn't be the ST if it occurs with player movement too. It's strange that it only happens in H2A. Maybe it's more noticeable for whatever reason. Are you using a hub, switch, usb extension cable, or wireless peripherals? If so I would start troubleshooting by eliminating those.

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:18 PM - 11/24/14 »
None wireless all wired, no hubs.

Offline BroTsla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:08 PM - 11/24/14 »
Are you sure it's not the frame rate of the game itself? I notice the H2A has some frame rate issues from time to time.. Especially in split screen mode.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 08:15 PM - 11/24/14 »
I have noticed frame rate hiccups with H2A that I haven't seen on the other titles.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:45 PM - 11/25/14 »
Are you sure it's not the frame rate of the game itself? I notice the H2A has some frame rate issues from time to time.. Especially in split screen mode.

Read my posts.

Laggs with XIM4, no lagg with controller

If i stud still and pressed A to strafe left and hold it continuing to walk left i would lag stutter. If i repeat the same process but this time holding the left stick from the Xbox one controller the lag is not there. Same with looking around, mouse stutter, with right stick of the controller it's fine.

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:26 PM - 11/26/14 »
Well, i guess then, if it's stuttering when using the Xim4 and it's not when using a controller... no one else is reporting this,  I can't say anything else, I've already described issues but if no one else is suffering from what i said then, it will be unresolved. i must have a defective xim4.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:40 PM - 11/26/14 »
If it's only happening in H2A maps then it's the game, if it's happening in other games then it's likely your set up such as cables or peripherals. In very rare circumstances it is your XIM but they have a very low failure rate so it's probably something else.

Offline 45tgas45

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:07 PM - 11/26/14 »
My brand new keyboard and mouse with all clean wires must be the problem or game.  i lift my controller up and use it,  the problem disappears. Yes you're right Xim4 would never be the problem. Please close this thread as it's no use. People on here should really read what i say in my posts, instead of blaming cables and peripherals or of course something else.

Have a very bad day, bye