XIM Community

XIM4 from 8ms to 4ms  (Read 31880 times)

Offline reticule

• View Profile
XIM4 from 8ms to 4ms
« on: 08:09 PM - 11/23/14 »
Hi,

I've heard through the grapevine Xim4 would offer a way to change the input delay to 4ms from 8ms ? When will this be offered ? I'd be willing to pay for the feature as well.

Thanks,
ReTiCuLe
TEAMGOD dot net
aka ReTiCuLeX
ex CEO of ReTiCuLeX Mods (PS2/XB1 Modchips) 2002-2006
Long live the PSX / XB Scene of modding.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 from 8ms to 4ms
« Reply #1 on: 06:34 AM - 11/24/14 »
no there isnt, i no longer know what the reason was to drop it, but it was something about the processor limitation i think
but at that time the development target was still to get a BT connection running to the PS4 which meant more needed processor resources i think

anyhow, you could only benefit from it on one console and maybe obsiv himself will respond about it too
Xbox One is 8ms with a theoretical option for 4ms but its not used as far as i know so therefore theoretical, only the PS4 is straight 4ms communication
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline reticule

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:34 AM - 11/24/14 »
Can you please confirm its 4ms for the xim4 then?  Here's someone stating its 8ms?
aka ReTiCuLeX

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:46 AM - 11/24/14 »
So the input delay is 8 ms for Xbox One and 4 ms for PS4?

As an Xbox One owner I can say that sucks for us.
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Cooler Master MM710 16k @1000hz
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
Netduma to OpenWRT "Cake/PieceOfCake"
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #4 on: 10:49 AM - 11/24/14 »
XIM4 polls at 8ms on X1, 360 & PS4.... 10ms for PS3.

There was a topic a few months back asking for the polling rate to be changed to 4ms, But only on PS4 I believe as that's what the Dualshock 4 natively runs at.

I think OBsIV said he might look into it in the future but it would be a very low priority (Need to find that topic just incase I'm wrong....)

@PUBzZz
No it's 8ms for PS4 too :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #5 on: 10:49 AM - 11/24/14 »
I think Aiken said in another thread that the ms delay is directly tied to the polling HZ of your mouse. If your polling speed is 1000, the ms delay is less than 1ms.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 10:51 AM - 11/24/14 »
There is no current plans to do this. PS4 polls at 1ms and we could drop down to that if we really wanted to (8ms to 4ms isn't that useful -- 8ms to 1ms may be), but, given resources and time, our community would appreciate iOS support, for example, over something like this.

Plus, the benefit is debatable. I see videos posted every day of people doing incredible things with their XIM4s on all sorts of games. That tells me that people generally don't perceive 8ms (especially since the game is refreshing best at 16.6ms).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline reticule

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:12 AM - 11/24/14 »
If I had an SDK of sorts I'd be willing to work on it. There's a difference it's not negligible. I had this discussion with a CEO of a peripheral company back in 2007.

We spoke about a few topics regarding mice to be specific. I'm not at liberty to disclose paticulars however, the difference is pretty big. If not why would most of us that played or play currently competitively look to change the polling on our input devices? I myself have been doing it since before it was made available to the general public.

I understand your concerns for iOS support but, you are hindering a huge part of your marketing standpoint. Think how many PC gamers donot want to make the switch as it is then the read things like this? Just a thought. Like I said, I'd be willing to help work on it or even alone if provided the tools.
aka ReTiCuLeX

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:27 AM - 11/24/14 »
OBsIV has said in the past that if there comes a quite time so to speak it would be looked at. So many features are still to be added.

Trust me, I'm one of those people who want the pollingrate to be as low as possible, my crosshair feels floaty to me, but I can manage for now.

But I hope one day it will be looked into, I also believe it would draw some more avid gamers if it had a lower polling rate.

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:20 PM - 11/24/14 »
wait, the PS4 can do 1ms?
thats crazy, when everything is sorted this sounds like something to try at least :)
im not really caring about shooting faster but more about if it makes the mouse movements even more responsive
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:35 PM - 11/24/14 »
Any reduction in input lag is always welcome, if it can be lowered, it should be lowered.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:10 PM - 11/24/14 »
wait, the PS4 can do 1ms?
thats crazy, when everything is sorted this sounds like something to try at least :)
im not really caring about shooting faster but more about if it makes the mouse movements even more responsive

Od1n said so OBsIV you have to make this happen now..
Or remove him from MOD for insubordination..
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline imapeakyblinder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:10 PM - 11/24/14 »
Any reduction in input lag is always welcome, if it can be lowered, it should be lowered.

Hate to say it but mine feels a little floaty as well, but then again Im comparing it to PC, so... it really is :/ floaty...

+1 on reduction to lowest possible when possible.
Go Ahead, Make my day!

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
XIM4 from 8ms to 4ms
« Reply #13 on: 03:13 PM - 11/24/14 »
Od1n said so OBsIV you have to make this happen now..
Or remove him from MOD for insubordination..

+1

Or a tickable 1ms/Performence mode that disables iOS support for those who don't use iOS devices :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:26 PM - 11/24/14 »
I'd also prioritize faster response time over iOS. Everyone benefits from the product working at its best. iOS is just a convenience issue for a few.

Xim is the kind of product where you change your setup around for it, you don't wait for it to fit your life style. I doubt there's a significant amount of iphone users holding off buying it because there's no iOS support.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin