XIM Community

XFPS 4.0 reviews? It hooks to pc like xim360 does  (Read 15576 times)

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
anyone tried a XFPS 4.0 yet?  It works like the xim360 I think, it has to be hooked to a pc to work

it's 99 $ a little steep for me to try first, but with the shortage of xim360's I may bite the bullet

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XFPS 4.0 reviews? It hooks to pc like xim360 does
« Reply #1 on: 09:11 AM - 11/20/09 »
anyone tried a XFPS 4.0 yet?  It works like the xim360 I think, it has to be hooked to a pc to work

it's 99 $ a little steep for me to try first, but with the shortage of xim360's I may bite the bullet

...you better not...just try to remember how many KB/M adapter XCM released in the market...all of those failed...i also wanted to have XIM360 and still trying my hope...many told me to try XIM1 (but u'll need either XCM XFPS 3.0 Sniper Pro or equivalent  --- sad u still need this crappy stuff)...Sniper Pro serves only as a link / handshake between XIM & XBOX360....

...oh yah, I own XFPS 3.0 Sniper Pro, used it for 3 or 4 matches & gave up...returned it in the box & lying around somewhere for sometime now....i can get much better with controllers than this crap...

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:12 AM - 11/20/09 »
so you have not tried the xfps 4.0 ?

If I cant find a review in the next week or so I'll order one, it's nothing like the older xfps models, it looks more like the xim2's setup

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:21 AM - 11/20/09 »
so you have not tried the xfps 4.0 ?

If I cant find a review in the next week or so I'll order one, it's nothing like the older xfps models, it looks more like the xim2's setup

...the main reason probably not getting review at all due to XCM's negative impression on past products...I won't get into this bait...Probably you can try reading the specs first, they only says about sensitivity customization but nothing about "deadzones" (which is really really important)...

...anyway, nobody can stop you i think...but anyway, if so happen u got a try please don't forget to post a review about it...come it maybe a negative or positive one...

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:23 AM - 11/20/09 »
This product was first talked about a week ago and and you can't even buy it yet. You can't even downloaded the needed software to run on your computer yet from their website.

So... Ill tell you what I think about the XFPS 4.0 if youll send me $15usd. Im expecting it within the next 12 hours because youre OBVIOUSLY a total god damned moron...
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:27 AM - 11/20/09 »
wow, I guess I picked the wrong forum to ask on, the 4.0 is showing up in stock at etailers

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:30 AM - 11/20/09 »
This product was first talked about a week ago and and you can't even buy it yet. You can't even downloaded the needed software to run on your computer yet from their website.

...i did the post about that actually,  ;D ... to bring attention to XIM360 Team to push on producing more stocks of XIM360....

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:33 AM - 11/20/09 »
wow, I guess I picked the wrong forum to ask on, the 4.0 is showing up in stock at etailers

...mann, u want me to believe toysrme, really...please think many times....think think think....

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:42 AM - 11/20/09 »
I'm new here so I guess I did not know that I'm supposed to ignore toysrme, I would rather have a xim360, the xfps 4.0 requires a wired controller (which one?) that I dont have

but there's no xim360's for sale, so obviously I'm looking at either a ps3 with mouse or this setup

I like xbox's because I use windows media center, I use the xbox's as extenders.

However, I have thought about using a ps3 with either a fragfx v2 or the other one, i forget the name
« Last Edit: 10:01 AM - 11/20/09 by mrblah »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:32 AM - 11/20/09 »
Mr blah, you would be better off buying a xim1. A xim1 + a 10 dollar adapter will cost about 100 dollars and it will out preform anything on the market except xim2. I have not seen a review on the xfps 4.0, but this is their 4th model? I really doubt anything has changed, they still don't have deadzone adjustablity, they still have the sensitivity knobs on the device. And you don't need an xfps anymore for the xim1, you can use a blazepro or a joytron xconverter. Both are cheaper than the xfps.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:46 AM - 11/20/09 »
$10 50-60ups blazepro = way to go
taking pre-orders for something announced afew days ago dont mean in-stock at retailers. dont be a @#$%.

aside from the blazepro+xim1 there are so many levels this thread fails at...
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:56 AM - 11/20/09 »
Look, you may want to climb down from your high horse, I have no way to know if that xfps 4.0 is preorder or not, I only saw it last night for the first time, and it looked like I could order it, it showed in stock.

I dont keep up on thi stuff, that's why I started the thread, I had no idea posters here were so touchy about other products

I will look into the blazepro + xim1, I've never heard of it before, who sells them?

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:57 AM - 11/20/09 »
Mr blah, you would be better off buying a xim1. A xim1 + a 10 dollar adapter will cost about 100 dollars and it will out preform anything on the market except xim2. I have not seen a review on the xfps 4.0, but this is their 4th model? I really doubt anything has changed, they still don't have deadzone adjustablity, they still have the sensitivity knobs on the device. And you don't need an xfps anymore for the xim1, you can use a blazepro or a joytron xconverter. Both are cheaper than the xfps.

the xfps has no knobs  Are you sure you are looking at the right product?   I could not see in the software demo if they had deadzone adjust-ability

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:00 PM - 11/20/09 »
Your right, I was thinking of Xecuters XFPS clone. There still is no deadzone support though. Look at their config picture in the manual and zoom in. Without deadzone support this product will fail. And it's not that we are on high horses and we are not touchy about other products. Most of us all have made the mistake of wasteing 100+ dollars on XCM's products with a smart joy frag. All we are trying to do is save people money and grief.
« Last Edit: 12:06 PM - 11/20/09 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:12 PM - 11/20/09 »
And it's not that we are on high horses
I was referring to toysrme swearing at me for asking the question

I have googled a bit, what the heck is a blazepro and xim and adapter ?