XIM Community

XFPS 4.0 reviews? It hooks to pc like xim360 does  (Read 15354 times)

Offline FateFirst

• View Profile
Re: XFPS 4.0 reviews? It hooks to pc like xim360 does
« Reply #105 on: 05:29 PM - 12/05/09 »
Hi all.

I'm new to the forums in terms of posting (as you can tell) but I've been reading/following for quite a while in the background ;)

I am quite embarrassed to admit that I bought the XFPS 4.0 Speed (previous XFPS Sniper Pro user). Have used it over 2 days and I'm pretty disappointed with it and myself for buying it. To give it a chance though I used it solidly for 5 hours straight the other night to test it out, various configurations, try it with the various mouses I have etc. I tested with MW2 (i just love the COD series).

I really can't see/find the real difference in terms of its precision, m/kb use etc. to its predecessor (sniper series). Its almost like they've just repacked it into a smaller box with various coloured glowing lights and done a mirror of the xim360 software to *make* it seem like it would be on par with the xim360.

Precision wise it was pretty @#$% poor (tbh I actually preferred my old sniper over this). Using a basic 2-button DELL mouse, MS IntelliMouse and my Habu; all had frequent halts where some movements didn't actually seem to be pushed through to the game and I was often just stood there. Other times the movements were very jerky and jumpy. Whilst very easy to use/setup its general use was poor. It didn't initially work with my MadCatz 360 wired controller (which my Sniper does) so I had to go out and buy an official 360 wired controller.

Thankfully the ebay store I got it from offer a 'No quibble 14 day returns' policy so this junk will be going back Monday morning.

I haven't delved into XIM1 but from reading the posts in this thread and from everyones experiences of XIM1 I will definitely be giving it a go. Now I gotta find where to get it in the UK ;)

Offline iambacardi

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 06:51 PM - 12/05/09 »
but was it better than using the joystick? i had ordered one also prior to discovering this website :(   all i am hoping for is that itll be better than the joystick cuz i hate that thing. even if its on par with a stick il still be glad to be able to move with a keyboard.  I will be purchasing the xim3.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 10:15 PM - 12/05/09 »
Its almost like they've just repacked it into a smaller box with various coloured glowing lights and done a mirror of the xim360 software to *make* it seem like it would be on par with the xim360.

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 06:05 AM - 12/06/09 »
hi mrblah, my apology for not replying into your question (gone too busy with my work...really difficult to be not in your own territory)...anyway, i thank biskit, that is actually the exact method i do...

anyway, i have a wireless Sennheiser headphone HDR170 that i always use in xbox gaming...but i'll tell you...once you started using headphones, quite difficult to appreciate tv sound again...(i really like my Sennheiser wireless' sound quality & ample bass)....not to mention you have a huge advantage because you can accurately identify footsteps and nearby enemies location....

to add in, i built my own mixer to be able to mix game audio & voice, using op-amps (this circuit is readily available online)...i re-used my pc mic for the talking...(with this method i only spend a few dollar for the housing because all the electronic components i used was free ---> got from my friends who are currently working for an electronic design firm)....

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 06:13 AM - 12/06/09 »
...this is the nth time XCM fails...sadly, i'm one of those guys fooled by this XCM team...

is this XCM a chinese (China mainland) company???? 

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 12:15 AM - 12/07/09 »
Yes. Or they are an American team that uses china and laughs at the fact that any complaints go to a foreign company and therefore are meaningless to them or their profits. 

Offline FateFirst

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 04:30 AM - 12/07/09 »
I've literally just got off of the phone and got my RMA number in order for me to return the XFPoS product.

On a brighter note I have also received notification that my replacement (Xim1/Blazepro Combo from maximus216) is scheduled to be shipped today ;)

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 07:00 AM - 12/18/09 »
I still dont understand how to hook the microphone on my headset up to the xbox so I can talk

I have wireless headphones, with a wire that is supposed to hook to the xbox remote, but I'm at a total loss as to how to get this to work.

I am using this headphone setup

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3/home.aspx

Offline mittyz

• MVP
  • boom.
    • View Profile
    • The Litter Box
« Reply #113 on: 04:10 AM - 12/19/09 »
Its almost like they've just repacked it into a smaller box with various coloured glowing lights and done a mirror of the xim360 software to *make* it seem like it would be on par with the xim360.

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!

LOL..Thank you for the laugh Tweak.   :D

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 11:42 PM - 01/04/10 »
I still dont understand how to hook the microphone on my headset up to the xbox so I can talk

I have wireless headphones, with a wire that is supposed to hook to the xbox remote, but I'm at a total loss as to how to get this to work.

I am using this headphone setup

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3/home.aspx

you plug the headphone cord...like a wired headset that is from MS...and plug it into the little whole on your xim.  Idk how you have an xim and this is an issue for you.

Offline mrblah

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 05:51 AM - 01/05/10 »
you plug the headphone cord...like a wired headset that is from MS...and plug it into the little whole on your xim.  Idk how you have an xim and this is an issue for you.

my xim has no headphone jack on it