XIM Community

Dual Shock 4 Question [OBsIV]  (Read 826 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Dual Shock 4 Question [OBsIV]
« on: 09:57 PM - 11/11/14 »
I always have my DS4 controller plugged into my XIM4 but am annoyed at the controller needing to be fully charged factor.

I was wondering, if I opened the controller up and cut the wire that connects to the battery, would the XIM4 and the DS4 work, would it stop me needing to have the controller charged or would it work negatively?
Be humble

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Dual Shock 4 Question [OBsIV]
« Reply #1 on: 12:10 AM - 11/12/14 »
XIM4 will keep your controller charged as you play and the DS4 retains charge for awhile when you don't play. Are you finding that you need to always recharge it?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:15 AM - 11/13/14 »
Yeah, I'm needing to always recharge it
Be humble

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:58 AM - 11/13/14 »
batteries do lose their capacity when constantly being connected to the power station, maybe your DS4s battery is already on such a low capacity that it can only maintain power for a short time

id try to remove the battery from the DS4, or if warranty is still there replace the controller
before doing that try it out without the XIM, DS4 in wireless mode and see for how long it can run before dropping out, eg use its audio port to put it under load
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay