XIM Community

Mouse and keyboard actions not reflecting on Xbox360  (Read 1578 times)

Offline STEPHENR100

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DistendedStar2
Hi, I'm new to the Xim community having just purchased a XIM3 from a friend. I've got everything connected up, the XIM3 seems to recognise the mouse and keyboard (the lcd shows the right movements when they are moved), and the xbox recognises actions from the wired controller, so I'm guessing that the xbox and Xim are talking. However in games the mouse/keyboard movements don't seem to be recognised.
Does anybody have any ideas where I'm going wrong?
Thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Mouse and keyboard actions not reflecting on Xbox360
« Reply #1 on: 07:43 PM - 11/08/14 »
Welcome to the community. Do you see mouse and keyboard presses reflected on the screen?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline STEPHENR100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:24 AM - 11/09/14 »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. If you mean on the screen of the XIM3, yes I can see the mouse and keyboard movements on that screen, just nothing in the actual game screen. I am currently using a fairly basic mouse and keyboard, but I don't think they are the issue because their movements show on the Xim?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:17 AM - 11/09/14 »
If you are seeing it on the screen on your XIM3, then, your hardware sounds fine. Does your controller through your XIM3? And, this is a genuine wired Xbox controller (not a wireless with play and charge cable)?

Offline STEPHENR100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:01 PM - 11/10/14 »
Hi, thanks again for the quick. I was going to say that my controller is fine, it is a Microsoft controller and its movements show in the Xim screen and I have also plugged it directly into the Xbox and it works on that. But I have just noticed that I think it had a loose connection, it keeps turning off and as it does this, the Xim powers down as well. Serves me right for buying a refurbished unit. Could this be the issue?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 04:41 PM - 11/10/14 »
Well, it could be a power issue (peripherals drawing too much power). Does this happen if you only have your controller plugged in (not your mouse and keyboard)?

Offline STEPHENR100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:50 PM - 11/10/14 »
Yes, actually it looks like the controller is faulty, I've plugged it directly into the Xbox and its still powering down as soon as the cable moves, so looks like a faulty connection. The Xim stayed powered when the controller had been removed. I will get another controller and start again. Will let you know how I get on.

Offline STEPHENR100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:16 PM - 11/12/14 »
Hello, swapped the wired xbox controller for a brand new one and no change. The Xim reflects the actions of the mouse, keyboard and controller, but no response in the actual game? Any ideas?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:07 PM - 11/13/14 »
What happens if you press the Guide button on the controller?

Also, I didn't see you confirm this: This is a genuine, hard-wired controller, yes?  A wireless controller using the play-and-charge cable will not work, as that cable carries only power and not data.  The controller itself remains wireless.

Admin